The Student Room Group

**unofficial markscheme edexcel maths november 2016**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TiaJadexx
Ahh right okay :L last time i was 2 marks off from getting a C so hopefully the boundary will be lower :/ which questions did you find hard today?

Yeah, I was only one mark so I'm hoping too! :// Ummm, from what I can remember... that one about the 5 cards and having to make the even number and one about the fence pole thing and the width between them…? You?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 161
I did higher !!!

Did you do Foundation or Higher?
Ahh right okay :L last time i was 2 marks off from getting a C so hopefully the boundary will be lower :/ which questions did you find hard today?

Awrr i was 4 marks. I found it really hard. Was so tried after it it was so hard i hope i pass. How did you find it
How many marks was the £1500 question worth?!
Reply 164
Original post by Jay___30
Also please may you confirm that the $1500 kitchen question was 510:500 so the second one is cheaper by 10 pounds so we can clear up confusion surrounding it

ts a bathroom question not kitchen what the hell....have i read it incorrectly? the diffrence was >£10
Original post by 1234moon
Yeah, I was only one mark so I'm hoping too! :// Ummm, from what I can remember... that one about the 5 cards and having to make the even number and one about the fence pole thing and the width between them...?

I though the 5 card one was alright, not sure if i did the fence question right though :L
I though the 5 card one was alright, not sure if i did the fence question right though :L

What did you put? Yeah, tbh I didn't know where to start with that lool….
Original post by Eduard-Student
How many marks was the £1500 question worth?!

4 i believe?
Original post by 1234moon
What did you put? Yeah, tbh I didn't know where to start with that lool….

With the even number question i put the 4 at the end of the number as it was the only even number but i dunno if you put it at the start or end of the number :L as for the fence question i got 120cm
Original post by Im_trying
Awrr i was 4 marks. I found it really hard. Was so tried after it it was so hard i hope i pass. How did you find it

I found it okay tbh apart from a few questions but i answered them all!
Original post by Mia32
Grade C 68 !!! No way they need to lower this !!

QUOTE=Progaming360;68351290]Grade D - 34/200
Grade C - 68/200
Grade B - 107/200
Grade A - 139/200
Grade A* - 168

Prediction

That's a terrible prediction! The general consensus is that this has been an extremely difficult test, meaning the grade boundaries will be lowered accordingly. A more realistic prediction would be:
D - 34
C - 59
B - 95
A - 128
A* - 159
Reply 171
Original post by AnonymousEric

That's a terrible prediction! The general consensus is that this has been an extremely difficult test, meaning the grade boundaries will be lowered accordingly. A more realistic prediction would be:
D - 34
C - 59
B - 95
A - 128
A* - 159

Yes that seems more realistic. But i probaly got 15 on paper one...last exam i got 37 arghhh
Original post by Lokan*
D - 34
C - 59
B - 95
A - 128
A* - 159

Yes that seems more realistic. But i probaly got 15 on paper one...last exam i got 37 arghhh

That was by far the hardest paper I've ever done, I need A, which for this paper is probably about 65 marks, but I feel I've done absolutely terrible, maybe even going as low as the high 50s😭. Good luck anyway.
Original post by AnonymousEric

That was by far the hardest paper I've ever done, I need A, which for this paper is probably about 65 marks, but I feel I've done absolutely terrible, maybe even going as low as the high 50s😭. Good luck anyway.

dont give up yet you can still smash that calculator paper
good luck
For the, triangle one i wrote 25 as I thought it was a straight line so i added them together and took away 180. I did say it was a straight line and that = 180. Would I get any marks?
Original post by Hassnain Aslam
For the, triangle one i wrote 25 as I thought it was a straight line so i added them together and took away 180. I did say it was a straight line and that = 180. Would I get any marks?

you will probably get 1 mark because you said straight line = to 180
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by maths6000
you will probably get 1 mark because you said straight line = to 180

what was it out of again?
Original post by Hassnain Aslam
what was it out of again?

it was out of 4
Original post by maths6000
it was out of 4

i think i got 32 or 31, or 28 or 29 im not too sure. im aiming for a C. im always bad at non calculator so im guessing i did alright? Calculator is always my strength.
Reply 179
Simultaneous Equations : X=5 , Y= -3
Mean age of Girls = I got 6 Years Old
Path Question: I got 6 bags - clearly wrong.
Miles To KM question: i Got 200 Km left to go
Second Question: £17.60
Kitchen Question: The Second Choice was cheaper
And i can't remember the others...

Quick Reply

Latest