The Student Room Group

No guy has ever liked me?

I'm 22 years old and have never had a guy like me at all. It's depressing. I don't dress bad, infact I tend to put quite a bit of effort into my appearance (flattering clothes, makeup etc) which makes it worse because I never get attention even when I feel i'm looking my best. Guys will usually go for my friends or other girls I know but make no effort in getting to know me or if they do it's more as friends. I'm not massively social or talkative but I'd still consider myself very friendly and approachable. Is it because i'm unattractive?

Scroll to see replies

Only with pictures can we give you a definitive answer.
I dont know you but listen to me, it doesnt matter, its all about personality and you will find a guy who loves you for who you are, depsite looks.
I only figured this out recently, but some people fall for girls that they spend a bit more time with, even though initially they may have thought 'I would never date that person". Don't worry about uploading your face or anything or changing who you are.

You must still be yourself. There are certainly ways of making yourself a better person - and I think you should aim for that aspect. If you be more sociable, you'll meet more people.

What have you actively tried and what hasn't worked so well?
"I'm not massively social or talkative" the problem lies within that sentence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kiritsugu
I only figured this out recently, but some people fall for girls that they spend a bit more time with, even though initially they may have thought 'I would never date that person". Don't worry about uploading your face or anything or changing who you are.

You must still be yourself. There are certainly ways of making yourself a better person - and I think you should aim for that aspect. If you be more sociable, you'll meet more people.

What have you actively tried and what hasn't worked so well?

I agree too
Original post by babyshawte

^^ This!
Confidence is key
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh but I've got friends who are far quieter than me and they've still had guys fancy them. I'm not shy but i'm not a chatterbox either, somewhere in between.
Reply 8
I think unless you're above average attractiveness things don't land on a plate and dating is very hard work. As well as the clothes and make up work on the social skills and repartee. Get some advice from more successful mates. And be tenacious, with effort it happens.
Original post by Eternalflames
^^ This!
Confidence is key

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really, it is not a must to be talkative and really outgoing if that is not her personality. Also, OP, ignore what these people said. Don't be talkative or social if that is not your personality. You do not need to change yourself/ personality for some guy. Ever seen this quote "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln. Focus on other things, forget guys. They will come to you when the time is right. Don't worry OP.
Original post by Zarek
I think unless you're above average attractiveness things don't land on a plate and dating is very hard work. As well as the clothes and make up work on the social skills and repartee. Get some advice from more successful mates. And be tenacious, with effort it happens.

Guys aren't that picky mate :biggrin:
approach guys
Reply 12
Original post by cbreef
Guys aren't that picky mate :biggrin:

While it may be a tad easier for girls to initiate a casual bonk, I think it can be just as frustrating for them, the search for a worthwhile relationship..
Unattractive? Unlikely.
Need a bit of confidence, sure, but there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with you per-se. Where do you go? What do you do? Do you talk to men? Do you initiate? Do you flirt? Do you work? Are you clean? Are you healthy? Do you smell good? Do you have an approachable look (IE. Not resting ***** face).

Too many variables, and even then there's no guarantees. Good quality people miss out on dating all the time. Hell, I'm one of 'em. Sometimes life just doesn't work out the way we like and we just have to wait things out. Call it a dry spell or whatever, but once it's over you'll be back on your feet in no time.

In the mean time? Improve yourself in any way possible, FOR YOU.
I didn't either until I started college 🙊
Original post by redleader1
I dont know you but listen to me, it doesnt matter, its all about personality and you will find a guy who loves you for who you are, depsite looks.

This guy knows what's up^
Good quality advice so far.

Improve your confidence, you said you're not massively sociable or talkative. Be proud of yourself, do things that make you happy, what makes you confident? Be happy within yourself, find the good qualities, the positives, focus on making your life a happy place to be.

Find a way to be sociable and talkative, this could be via volunteering, working, joining clubs out of interest to enable you to become more sociable and talkative and this will boost your confidence. Having male friends will help.Be sociable everyday, talk to people at the bus stop, the shop staff, people you see, just saying anything like "it's a nice day isn't it", etc.

Why not try online or speed dating? You could even meet men joining clubs out of interest or even approaching men.
Pls upload a pic or send us one and then we can give you actual tailored specific to you advice on what's going on. Right now you're getting a lot of hot air and empty words
Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy
This guy knows what's up^

Thanks. Even some on here saying she needs confidence it not necessarily
the case because even if she's shy somone will like her for who she is. Take me and many others who like shy girls. There's no problem people think too much.
Original post by redleader1
Thanks. Even some on here saying she needs confidence it not necessarily
the case because even if she's shy somone will like her for who she is. Take me and many others who like shy girls. There's no problem people think too much.

Yeah, I've always been more attracted to shy girls than extroverted ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending