The Student Room Group

Muslims, how would you react if your friend or sibling came out?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joey11223
I would wager the main aspect of why beastiality is wrong the idea that the animal cannot consent to the situation as it doesn't have the same level of sentience. If an alien species visited earth then any sex with humans would be beastiality (until potentially a new word was made), but if they were intelligent and self aware although potentially taboo, it probably wouldn't be illegal.

In fact although taboo, there have been some cases in higher animals were courts have decided in the defendants favour. A man who masturbated a dolphin had expert testimony that the dolphin likely enjoyed it and they as a species appear to have sex for pleasure.

Not my cup of tea and it makes me cringe, but then I don't have that paraphilia.

So you have no problem with beastiality as long as it's consensual? ok, How about incest?
Talking about dolphins and sex... I was a professional dancer at the Moulin Rouge in Paris. [Yes ,the profile picture is me ,many moons ago in one of my costumes]. The couple I was living with, the woman was a dancer there before me. The Moulin Rouge has a giant aquarium, which opens up and comes up from underneath the stage. My friend did a routine swimming and playing with the dolphin [this was during the entre-acte, or break while we were having a rest before the remainder of the show]. She said the male dolphin regularly had an erection and would pin her up against the side of the tank and try and have sex with her. The audience were really up close and could see everything and she just had to smile and carry on with the routine and try and pull away from him. Freaky.
(edited 7 years ago)
I would be happy that they could come out to me and I would support them all the way no matter what, I still love them 🙊
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I would be happy that they could come out to me and I would support them all the way no matter what, I still love them 🙊

Isn't it haram and sinful though?
I would tell them that it is against Islam
that's it... no further comments regarding the topic and I wouldnt really bring it up, I'd let them do what they want since I've done my part
but overall, I dont think I'd be able to neglect them as a sibling
idk with siblings I dont really know since all my siblings have mental disorders so it's hard to imagine the scenario with siblings
but if it was a close friend, I'd do what I said before, that it's against Islam, and then leave decisions and stuff for them, and not bring it later on UNLESS they brought it up
Original post by Anonymous
Isn't it haram and sinful though?

Well you don't exactly know my situation so 👀
Original post by Dominator1
So you have no problem with beastiality as long as it's consensual? ok, How about incest?

If in theory another sentient species existed, I'd have no logical reason to be against it bar some foolish idea based on emotion. If we lived in some Sci-fi novel with many space faring aliens...I'd have no issue with inter-species relations. Do not forget that not so long ago in our history black people were considered sub-human and relations were illegal due a similar idea.

Incest wise I was actually having this conservation at work not that long ago. I am an only child and so do not have experience of sibling relationships. Obviously it is taboo and I'd assume for most an inherent aversion to each other would exist due to nature wanting to avoid inbreeding depression. That said you hear of stories where children are separated at birth, or get adopted, meet later in life and become married...and find out decades later they're in fact closely related and had no idea, so there isn;t an innate ability to sense if someone is your sibling if you grow up without them.

I'm against offspring being produced from incest due to the aforementioned issue of inbreeding depression, however if two siblings were adults and engaging in a consensual sexual relationship...although the taboo aspect of it would make me feel uneasy, again what can I say? If they wouldn't have any offspring the only reasoning I can use is "morality" or "decency", human made terms which are ever shifting, sex outside of marriage was the height of immorality for instance, these days it's almost the opposite, people find it unusual to wait until marriage.
Original post by z33

i mean gays are being thrown off towers in ME - you think they'd rather choose that than be straight?

People can be kinda stupid and may have valid points but have no idea how to phrase it:

when people say "choose" to be gay, I dont think they mean gays had a checklist that said "gay" or "straight" and consciously chose to be gay >_> I think they mean, "chose to submit to that and not discipline against (what they consider to be) sin."
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Well you don't exactly know my situation so 👀

lol love when ppl use them eyes like "fool, pls 👀"
Original post by Reality Check
I don't think he's an 'obvious troll' at all. This attitude towards homosexuals is the normal with these muslims. They are stuck in the eighth century - being homosexual didn't 'exist' then.

👀

lool

@Reachin4TheStars see the eyes :rofl:
Original post by 0to100
👀

lool

Those muslins? Just Muslins?
Original post by 0to100
lol love when ppl use them eyes like "fool, pls 👀"

Lol 🙊 I get ya 👌🏼
Original post by 0to100
👀

lool

Yeah haha, they don't know what I believe so they need to back away 👀
I would do absolutely nothing,
Original post by 0to100
Lol dunno but it's like when black ppl get mad when you say "you people"
like it's too specific and singles them out or something? Idk.

...ok but still they do honour killings for stuff like homosexuality so troll or not he's probably being honest and it's not something to take lightly

:creep: I dont want you to use them muscles on me

Lol na dw I won't 🙊
Original post by z33
no
only thing in the scripture referring to homosexuality was referring to the people of lot, who were thiefs and rapists and were punished for their since - it so happened that they were men committing homosexual rape. Other than that nothing really.

Believing that homosexual acts are permissible (whether you take part in the act or not) is an act that does take one out of Islam by ijma. The Qur'an speaks against homosexuality clearly. Claiming it was talking about homosexuality only in the context is rape is not the Islamic viewpoint.
No comment
Original post by Dominator1
Disease is not the biggest issue, STDs exist among humans. Bend over for a male dog and he will literally try to **** you. Why is weird?

Dogs humping is not a sexual thing its a dominance thing.You can't compare bestiality to homosexuality.Hardly any humans practice bestiality.Animals cannot consent to sex with humans so its abuse of the animal basically.Also we haven't evolved to find animals attractive,we've evolved to find humans attractive.
Original post by joey11223
If in theory another sentient species existed, I'd have no logical reason to be against it bar some foolish idea based on emotion. If we lived in some Sci-fi novel with many space faring aliens...I'd have no issue with inter-species relations. Do not forget that not so long ago in our history black people were considered sub-human and relations were illegal due a similar idea.

Incest wise I was actually having this conservation at work not that long ago. I am an only child and so do not have experience of sibling relationships. Obviously it is taboo and I'd assume for most an inherent aversion to each other would exist due to nature wanting to avoid inbreeding depression. That said you hear of stories where children are separated at birth, or get adopted, meet later in life and become married...and find out decades later they're in fact closely related and had no idea, so there isn;t an innate ability to sense if someone is your sibling if you grow up without them.

I'm against offspring being produced from incest due to the aforementioned issue of inbreeding depression, however if two siblings were adults and engaging in a consensual sexual relationship...although the taboo aspect of it would make me feel uneasy, again what can I say? If they wouldn't have any offspring the only reasoning I can use is "morality" or "decency", human made terms which are ever shifting, sex outside of marriage was the height of immorality for instance, these days it's almost the opposite, people find it unusual to wait until marriage.

The kind of thing you see in sci fi movies with aliens and humans mating isn't realistic.Humans have evolved over milllenia on this planet.The chances of aliens actually having a comparable sexual anatomy is miniscule.It just wouldn't happen.They wouldn't be able to.Incest isn't comparable.People who have sex with family members are not exclusively attracted to family.They have the option of being attracted to people who are not family members.So its not the same.With gay people they are exclusively attracted to the same sex, they couldn't fall in love with the opposite gender if they tried.Thats a key difference I think.
Reply 39
Original post by Anonymous
Believing that homosexual acts are permissible (whether you take part in the act or not) is an act that does take one out of Islam by ijma. The Qur'an speaks against homosexuality clearly. Claiming it was talking about homosexuality only in the context is rape is not the Islamic viewpoint.

Did i say they were?
I simply stated the facts
What you make of it is up to you.

If it were clear homosexuality wouldve been the only difference between the damned and the other law abiding citizens - but rape and theft were also factors

If a boy stole something, raped someone and kissed a boy then got punished - how would you know it was for kissing the boy and neither of the other two crimes?

Not saying anything just trying to have a discussion

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending