The Student Room Group

GCSE 2017 Exams

I will be taking the exams in 2017, lets start this thread to talk about them, the timetables are already out too, what do you think about the new english and maths 9-1 gcses?

Scroll to see replies

New maths is rather hard and just confusingly worded, what do you think?
Reply 2
Original post by t_123
I will be taking the exams in 2017, lets start this thread to talk about them, the timetables are already out too, what do you think about the new english and maths 9-1 gcses?

I find English not that difficult. for me it is quite easy especially English literature. i am hoping to get 7/8 grade as i want to do it in A level.
the advice i would give is revise weeks before as i am pretty sure you won't get a lot of quotes in your head in last minute revison:smile:
On the otherhand Maths is just....
i can't really describe it except DIFFICULT but with revison i am hoping to get 7 grade- fingers crossed.
when you said the timetables are out, what do you mean, if you can tell me about it that would be nice:biggrin:
Also if you need help on English i can help you if you want. pm me or whatever u want. what exam boards are you doing?
Reply 3
Original post by t_123

I had a look at the specimens just for the sake of it and they look so much harder compared to the old specs.
Original post by Tinka99
I had a look at the specimens just for the sake of it and they look so much harder compared to the old specs.

:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geek567
I find English not that difficult. for me it is quite easy especially English literature. i am hoping to get 7/8 grade as i want to do it in A level.
the advice i would give is revise weeks before as i am pretty sure you won't get a lot of quotes in your head in last minute revison:smile:
i can't really describe it except DIFFICULT but with revison i am hoping to get 7 grade- fingers crossed.
when you said the timetables are out, what do you mean, if you can tell me about it that would be nice:biggrin:
Also if you need help on English i can help you if you want. pm me or whatever u want. what exam boards are you doing?

How will you memorise the poems?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Habina786xx
How will you memorise the poems?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you need to memorise poems?
Reply 7
Original post by Tinka99

What exam boards are you doing for math and English?
Original post by Tinka99

For english literature ?

Oh sorry my exam boards AQA, you probably have it differently. However, we have to memorise what the poems are about, form, structure..etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tinka99

You won't know what poems you are comparing until the exam so you need to know everything about all of them including quotes to support your answer as you will get one unseen poem. Fun! :redface:
Original post by geek567

What books are you studying for English literature?
And also where do we find the timetables I'm doing Aqa English and edexcel mathematics
For english literature ?

Oh sorry my exam boards AQA, you probably have it differently. However, we have to memorise what the poems are about, form, structure..etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am just curious about the new spec. How many poems do you need to learn and do you also need to learn quotes from books?
For english literature ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same. So frustrating as there are like 12 poems in that anthology. Are you doing love and relationships?
Original post by MainlyMathsHelp
You won't know what poems you are comparing until the exam so you need to know everything about all of them including quotes to support your answer as you will get one unseen poem. Fun! :redface:

Absolutely:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah same. So frustrating as there are like 12 poems in that anthology. Are you doing love and relationships?

Yeah I would be happy if I got a level 6 tbh as I'm not doing English for A levels. Just need a pass.

Im doing power and conflict AQA.
What are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by geek567

Thanks for your advice! I have private messaged you!
Yeah I would be happy if I got a level 6 tbh as I'm not doing English for A levels. Just need a pass.

Im doing power and conflict AQA.
What are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Love and relationships.
Reply 17
Original post by Daydreamer3
New maths is rather hard and just confusingly worded, what do you think?

I totally agree, it's a nightmare for me!!
Love and relationships.

Aw yeah how are you finding it?

What would you rather prefer power and Conflict or love and relationships?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why did they make it harder? :/
Not fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest