The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by studentsixth
They've made it easier which means there's little room for mistakes :frown: I mean 21/27 for a 6.2 is ridiculous

i literally got 4.7 on s2 on the 2015 paper.
tomorrow i die.
Original post by CutieTootsie
tomorrow i die.

That's me with section 1!
that's me with section 1!

sammmeeee
tomorrow i die.

You will all be fine! Speaking from experience the BMAT for Cambridge is a relatively small factor in the admissions process, I'm now a fresher here with 4.9 5.4 3A and there's people at my college with much lower including even someone with a 1C in their essay!
They've made it easier which means there's little room for mistakes :frown: I mean 21/27 for a 6.2 is ridiculous

Thats literally what I just got in the 2015 paper and I am so depressed, that was like 7.5-7.9 in earlier papers!! Literally 24/27 for a 7 what is this witchcraft :frown: good luck tomorrow!
Original post by Whizbox
You will all be fine! Speaking from experience the BMAT for Cambridge is a relatively small factor in the admissions process, I'm now a fresher here with 4.9 5.4 3A and there's people at my college with much lower including even someone with a 1C in their essay!

Wow thanks! Thats reeassuring, what college are you at?
Original post by Whizbox

I just want a score so I can have a chance at the interview! What do you think is the absolutely bare minimum ? I would put it at 4.4, 4.9 and 2.5B but i have no idea! At this point I am just aiming for a slightly above average score.

I think if we all aim for 5.2, 5.5, 3A as a minimum all should be ok hopefully, and any higher is just a bonus
Original post by Whizbox

No way 😮 please say you're not trolling!
Which college are you at? And congrats! You're studying medicine at the best place in England!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by Lementation
I just want a score so I can have a chance at the interview! What do you think is the absolutely bare minimum ? I would put it at 4.4, 4.9 and 2.5B but i have no idea! At this point I am just aiming for a slightly above average score.

I think if we all aim for 5.2, 5.5, 3A as a minimum all should be ok hopefully, and any higher is just a bonus

I always wanted 6.0, 6.0, 4A. How are people getting 8's?!!?

Good luck everyone for tomorrow!!!!
Original post by cutekitten2017
Good luck everyone for tomorrow!!!!

You too!

Original post by Lementation

No way 😮 please say you're not trolling!
Which college are you at? And congrats! You're studying medicine at the best place in England!

Original post by isabella1999
Wow thanks! Thats reeassuring, what college are you at?

I'm at Emmanuel :smile:

I wouldn't say there is an absolute bare minimum, obviously do the best you can but at the end of the day it's unlikely to make or break your application either way, the people who make the decisions on admissions are very human and can see through one bad result in the light of other, better results!

Good luck!
The waiting begins...

Anyone for Caius??
BMAT was awful....
Original post by jjcoolio
Anyone for Caius??
BMAT was awful....

Aye same! BMAT was ok but it was harder than the earlier years. Section 1 was something else tho smh
Original post by SpookyCake
Aye same! BMAT was ok but it was harder than the earlier years. Section 1 was something else tho smh

Tell me about it! Can't predict how I've done - any idea what scores they're looking for??
Reply 136
Original post by Fusarium
Anyone applied to Trinity?

I did!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did the BMAT go? I thought section 2 was so much harder than past papers.
Original post by jjcoolio
Tell me about it! Can't predict how I've done - any idea what scores they're looking for??

Looking at last year's applicant data, the usual value was something around 5-5.5. This year might be the same thing, give or take a few points
Original post by SpookyCake
Looking at last year's applicant data, the usual value was something around 5-5.5. This year might be the same thing, give or take a few points

Oh god fingers crossed - may I ask your stats? (e.g. GCSE/AS grades, UKCAT etc)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending