The Student Room Group

the worst post break up story you'll read.

hello, i would firstly just say that i am looking for help, i have done my part by taking part in counselling and a psychiatrist.
Here is the story: (boys perspective)
it was a typical break-up nothing special X (X=girl) lost feeling for me after 6 months of being together throughout the duration of year 12. Since we broke up before summer it meant that it let me just go depressed and not go out and etc etc. X started going out more and more since she was 18 already she could go to clubs and have fun where as i could since im 17. seeing all that happen through snapchat got me ****ed knowing that she was out in the world and i couldnt do anything to stop a guy hitting on her, the most beautiful girl in the world. i had enough and i started going out. there was one point she got drunk and called me and said she had something to say to me but she got cut off and told me she'll tell me tomorrow and of course she didn't tell me. I had enough so i went to a party and of course got drunk and i called X and i didnt hold back i said i loved her and etc and hung up. a Few days later i went to another party and this time i went to far i drank almost whole entire bottle of vodka and started vomiting and all the stuff and my parents had to pick me up and all that stuff and X found out i still dont know what she thinks about that but it was obvious i did i to just forget all my problems for a night. 2 weeks latter school started this is when i lost my mind, having to see her every day it had got me going crazy because i couldnt handle it. there is a twist to this my best friend Y started hanging out with X and this got me upset because i told everything to Y but he still talked to X. I didn't want to say anything but i regret it now. time past and me and X called one another calling each other just sad because we both couldnt handle seeing each other and she couldnt handle seeing me sad all day every single day in school. i couldnt help it because i lost the love of my life there was no other way for me to act. Than one day i was going home and i saw Y and X and another person at X's house smoking together after school and this got me heated (i was on the bus and it happened to pass her house) so i got off the bus and when to my best friend and told him WTF and shouted and everything i punched the wall multiple times because i didnt want to hurt anyone and i walked off with more angry ive ever had in my entire life that im was fcken sad and the were all happy and etc etc. 2 days later i wrote a note say i was going to hurt myself and do **** and i gave it to X and Y but i got people to give it to them and than school got involved and thats the day i lost my best friend and lost any hope with being friends with my X, i went to the A&E and i talked to 4 psychiatrist about the whole situation. i realised i ****ed up and i couldnt do much about it, i went to talk to the head master to apologise to X and Y and a few other people that were involved and at first it was good since it was only me and X but than more a more people showed up and it turned in more of a joke and pointing out my **** ups which is fair to be honest since i was the one that cause all of this and so it ended up in X wanting to hear how i was going to change and prevent anything else from happening out load which was fair. than came October which was the month on X's birthday and i wanted to do something so what i did was write a love story about our past, gift card from whole foods and more etc etc. the love story was the tricky one since i didnt know if it was going to be acceptable so what i did is i gave it to her best friend to read with the intentions to not cause any conflict or drama and i told her not to give it to X to make sure if its acceptable or not to give. but she gave it to X straight away and it ended up her hating me more and her brother threatening me to leave X alone or there would be consequences. That was the complete opposite what i wanted to happen, so this meant i had more hatred towards me. throughout all of this i had started hanging out more and with a guy in school that was going out with one of X's good friends that didnt go to the school. I didnt become friends with him because of X at all but it may have looked like that and so when X's bday came around she didnt invite the good friend because she saw on snapchat that i was hanging out with them now and then. i found this out a few days ago when a friend had called me at midnight to come out and "crash a party" because she wanted her ex boyfriend back so i said okay ill go with you because i didnt want her to be alone at midnight roaming the streets. so we went to the party and once i left i realised the X's best friend was at the party with her boyfriend and i said **** but i couldnt leave. so i called the ex boyfriend to see if he could come out to talk to her but than the boyfriend of X's bestfriend got the phone and told me how i have manipulated everyone, told lies and everything to make myself feel important and etc. he told me to apologies one more time so i did and X replied with angry which is completely understandable because all i have done in this whole situation is hurt her and cause conflict without knowing. so we talked and i attempted to try and be honest and have no manipulation and no lies and tell the truth about everything for one second she wanted it but than something changed her mind and she wanted to be left alone but i couldnt i said i just wanted to be honest for one moment. I dont want to do it to change her mind about me i just wanted her to know the honest truth even if it made me look more as the bad guy than fair enough as long as she knows the truth but shes didnt want the truth. she blocked me once again on social media and now im begging my ex bestfriend to tell her to give me a moment of honest truth because i know this is all on me i could have blocked her the second she broke up with me and left it but i did all of this and its got to the point if i even try to right my wrongs i look like the bad guy. I am the bad guy, i dont wake up in the morning and think how can i make this worse it happens without knowing i never wanted to hurt anyone i never wanted to be in this position im in with people ive lost and now her brother is coming to town from uni and yeah seems like fun. thats my post breakup story there is obviously more to the story but thats sums it up. this is not for sympathy this is more for opinions thanks for reading if you even got this far have a nice day
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
hello, i would firstly just say that i am looking for help, i have done my part by taking part in counselling and a psychiatrist.
it was a typical break-up nothing special X (X=girl) lost feeling for me after 6 months of being together throughout the duration of year 12. Since we broke up before summer it meant that it let me just go depressed and not go out and etc etc. X started going out more and more since she was 18 already she could go to clubs and have fun where as i could since im 17. seeing all that happen through snapchat got me ****ed knowing that she was out in the world and i couldnt do anything to stop a guy hitting on her, the most beautiful girl in the world. i had enough and i started going out. there was one point she got drunk and called me and said she had something to say to me but she got cut off and told me she'll tell me tomorrow and of course she didn't tell me. I had enough so i went to a party and of course got drunk and i called X and i didnt hold back i said i loved her and etc and hung up. a Few days later i went to another party and this time i went to far i drank almost whole entire bottle of vodka and started vomiting and all the stuff and my parents had to pick me up and all that stuff and X found out i still dont know what she thinks about that but it was obvious i did i to just forget all my problems for a night. 2 weeks latter school started this is when i lost my mind, having to see her every day it had got me going crazy because i couldnt handle it. there is a twist to this my best friend Y started hanging out with X and this got me upset because i told everything to Y but he still talked to X. I didn't want to say anything but i regret it now. time past and me and X called one another calling each other just sad because we both couldnt handle seeing each other and she couldnt handle seeing me sad all day every single day in school. i couldnt help it because i lost the love of my life there was no other way for me to act. Than one day i was going home and i saw Y and X and another person at X's house smoking together after school and this got me heated (i was on the bus and it happened to pass her house) so i got off the bus and when to my best friend and told him WTF and shouted and everything i punched the wall multiple times because i didnt want to hurt anyone and i walked off with more angry ive ever had in my entire life that im was fcken sad and the were all happy and etc etc. 2 days later i wrote a note say i was going to hurt myself and do **** and i gave it to X and Y but i got people to give it to them and than school got involved and thats the day i lost my best friend and lost any hope with being friends with my X, i went to the A&E and i talked to 4 psychiatrist about the whole situation. i realised i ****ed up and i couldnt do much about it, i went to talk to the head master to apologise to X and Y and a few other people that were involved and at first it was good since it was only me and X but than more a more people showed up and it turned in more of a joke and pointing out my **** ups which is fair to be honest since i was the one that cause all of this and so it ended up in X wanting to hear how i was going to change and prevent anything else from happening out load which was fair. than came October which was the month on X's birthday and i wanted to do something so what i did was write a love story about our past, gift card from whole foods and more etc etc. the love story was the tricky one since i didnt know if it was going to be acceptable so what i did is i gave it to her best friend to read with the intentions to not cause any conflict or drama and i told her not to give it to X to make sure if its acceptable or not to give. but she gave it to X straight away and it ended up her hating me more and her brother threatening me to leave X alone or there would be consequences. That was the complete opposite what i wanted to happen, so this meant i had more hatred towards me. throughout all of this i had started hanging out more and with a guy in school that was going out with one of X's good friends that didnt go to the school. I didnt become friends with him because of X at all but it may have looked like that and so when X's bday came around she didnt invite the good friend because she saw on snapchat that i was hanging out with them now and then. i found this out a few days ago when a friend had called me at midnight to come out and "crash a party" because she wanted her ex boyfriend back so i said okay ill go with you because i didnt want her to be alone at midnight roaming the streets. so we went to the party and once i left i realised the X's best friend was at the party with her boyfriend and i said **** but i couldnt leave. so i called the ex boyfriend to see if he could come out to talk to her but than the boyfriend of X's bestfriend got the phone and told me how i have manipulated everyone, told lies and everything to make myself feel important and etc. he told me to apologies one more time so i did and X replied with angry which is completely understandable because all i have done in this whole situation is hurt her and cause conflict without knowing. so we talked and i attempted to try and be honest and have no manipulation and no lies and tell the truth about everything for one second she wanted it but than something changed her mind and she wanted to be left alone but i couldnt i said i just wanted to be honest for one moment. I dont want to do it to change her mind about me i just wanted her to know the honest truth even if it made me look more as the bad guy than fair enough as long as she knows the truth but shes didnt want the truth. she blocked me once again on social media and now im begging my ex bestfriend to tell her to give me a moment of honest truth because i know this is all on me i could have blocked her the second she broke up with me and left it but i did all of this and its got to the point if i even try to right my wrongs i look like the bad guy. I am the bad guy, i dont wake up in the morning and think how can i make this worse it happens without knowing i never wanted to hurt anyone i never wanted to be in this position im in with people ive lost and now her brother is coming to town from uni and yeah seems like fun. thats my post breakup story there is obviously more to the story but thats sums it up. this is not for sympathy this is more for opinions thanks for reading if you even got this far have a nice day

XYXYXYXYXYXY is all I see.
TOO LONG. She's not worth it. Probably
Reply 2
Original post by Ciel.
XYXYXYXYXYXY is all I see.
TOO LONG. She's not worth it. Probably

Why bother replying if you are not going to read it?

I will be brutally honest looking at this from her perspective i wouldnt want to get back together with you and i would find it hard even being friends with you which might have been possible before you sent that note about harming yourself. You didnt think what impact it would have had on your best friend and your ex that they would have felt guilty and responsible if you actually did anything to yourself it was selfish of you. All you needed to do was speak to your friend and explain how you felt about them all being friendly which upset you and you probably could have sorted things then.

Sending that love letter on her birthday was inappropriate after what you did with the other note and would have made her feel uncomfortable which it did a simple happy birthday would have been fine as you are both are no longer together there is no need for the grand gesture.

Crashing the party you should not have gone as you were not invited and x probably felt you were harassing her and you are lucky she hasnt called the police. Your behaviour has been stalkerish (even though that wasnt your intention but in her eyes it looks like this) and what you need to do now is give her space and try not to contact her please. Give it a few weeks once she calmed down before apologising and do the same with the best friend.

Its going to take time but if they care about you which i think they do you should hopefully be on good terms soon.
Reply 3
Original post by chikane
Why bother replying if you are not going to read it?

I will be brutally honest looking at this from her perspective i wouldnt want to get back together with you and i would find it hard even being friends with you which might have been possible before you sent that note about harming yourself. You didnt think what impact it would have had on your best friend and your ex that they would have felt guilty and responsible if you actually did anything to yourself it was selfish of you. All you needed to do was speak to your friend and explain how you felt about them all being friendly which upset you and you probably could have sorted things then.

Sending that love letter on her birthday was inappropriate after what you did with the other note and would have made her feel uncomfortable which it did a simple happy birthday would have been fine as you are both are no longer together there is no need for the grand gesture.

Crashing the party you should not have gone as you were not invited and x probably felt you were harassing her and you are lucky she hasnt called the police. Your behaviour has been stalkerish (even though that wasnt your intention but in her eyes it looks like this) and what you need to do now is give her space and try not to contact her please. Give it a few weeks once she calmed down before apologising and do the same with the best friend.

Its going to take time but if they care about you which i think they do you should hopefully be on good terms soon.

To let them them know they should use paragraphs, and better summaries.
Reply 4
Original post by Ciel.
To let them them know they should use paragraphs, and better summaries.

This guy needs help and advice im sure the last thing on his mind is to make sure he put paragraghs and summaries in his post.
Reply 5
Original post by chikane
This guy needs help and advice im sure the last thing on his mind is to make sure he put paragraghs and summaries in his post.

Pressing enter really doesn't require that much effort does it?
Reply 6
I understand completely what you're saying, I kinda need to clear up that I didn't crash her party at all her friends happened be there but she was never there at all, that doesn't take away from the fact how it may have looked or anything of that matter. I've done nothing but be reacted in the worst way possible in this entire situation.

However, what I feel like I need to do is tell her the truth about all of my intentions even if it makes me look an ever worst person as long as she knows the truth about everything. She almost gave me a chance but she doesn't want that she wants to be left alone. Both my ex girlfriend and ex best friend deleted me off social media rightfully so I guess they didn't want to talk to me. If I go to them face to face that's clear harassment and I don't want to come across like that. I don't really know what to do now because what ever I do it makes everything worse I understand it means I should leave them alone and just not contact them. I just honest need to tell her the truth.
Reply 7
I understand completely what you're saying, I kinda need to clear up that I didn't crash her party at all her friends happened be there but she was never there at all, that doesn't take away from the fact how it may have looked or anything of that matter. I've done nothing but be reacted in the worst way possible in this entire situation.

However, what I feel like I need to do is tell her the truth about all of my intentions even if it makes me look an ever worst person as long as she knows the truth about everything. She almost gave me a chance but she doesn't want that she wants to be left alone. Both my ex girlfriend and ex best friend deleted me off social media rightfully so I guess they didn't want to talk to me. If I go to them face to face that's clear harassment and I don't want to come across like that. I don't really know what to do now because what ever I do it makes everything worse I understand it means I should leave them alone and just not contact them. I just honest need to tell her the truth.

Just give them space to calm down and then apologise and tell her the truth. If you tell her now she won't listen and will feel like you are harassing her leave her alone for the time being give it a week or 2.
that wall is so big, donald trump would be jealous
I wish I could unread things and take back the lost minutes of my life
You might wish to put some paragraphs in. Not many people will read it otherwise. Bit long as well.
Original post by Pinkberry_y

pls summarise, thanks much
Original post by 0to100
pls summarise, thanks much

He tried to drink his sorrows away, that didn't work (surprise suprise...). He tried violence, that didn't work. He tried suicide notes, that didn't work. He tried writing love stories to the girl, that didn't work. He tried befriending her best friends, that didn't work. He will never have this girl back. Ever
He tried to drink his sorrows away, that didn't work (surprise suprise...). He tried violence, that didn't work. He tried suicide notes, that didn't work. He tried writing love stories to the girl, that didn't work. He tried befriending her best friends, that didn't work. He will never have this girl back. Ever

jesus >_>
Reply 14
Original post by sleepysnooze
that wall is so big, donald trump would be jealous

Original post by 999tigger
You might wish to put some paragraphs in. Not many people will read it otherwise. Bit long as well.

GOSH. YOU GUYS. :shocked: :shockeed: and chickane said I was the mean one :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending