The Student Room Group

I'm 15, should I get checked?

Basically I'm 15 and I am so worried that I have an STD..

I have given BJ's to three different guys (18,25,24)

Kissed so many people I dont even know at parties

I have had sex with one guy with a condom

Dunno if i could actually have any stds but i feel like I have one

Should I get tested and if so how do I get tested because im 15, i dont want my parents to know.

Thanks
Original post by Anonymous

Should I get tested and if so how do I get tested because im 15, i dont want my parents to know.

Thanks

No harm in getting tested if it makes you feel relieved, generally as long as you aren't at serious risk they wouldnt tell your parents so dont worry about that.
Look for a local sexual health clinic - they may well have a 'drop-in' (turn up without an appointment) service for U26s.

You'll need to tell them about the oral (they'll give you a throat swab) but I am wondering if what you have is 'guilt' because it doesn't sound like you enjoyed what you've been doing.

I presume you know that all of the men you gave oral to and the one you had intercourse were committing an offence if they didn't reasonably believe you were at least 16.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Thanks

I don't think you are at much risk personally unless you have symptoms, but there is no harm in getting tested. You might as well if you are worried. Your parents shouldn't find out as it will be confidential. You can google sexual health clinics and they will probably have a section for info for under 16s. You can delete your history afterwards if you are really worried about people finding out.

You can also talk to your GP about it, but i'm pretty sure they will just send you to a sexual health clinic anyway.
I believe you can go for a walk-in appointment at most sexual health clinics so you can just "go shopping" in the area the clinic is then head over there to go to the walk-in. Nobody has to know :smile:
Original post by Kindred
I don't think you are at much risk personally unless you have symptoms, but there is no harm in getting tested.

It's quite common for infections in the throat not to have any symptoms - or be treated as 'just a sore throat' etc. So it's a good idea to be tested if you've been giving oral to assorted men.
Reply 5
What's this? No bashing of the OP for being a promiscuous under-aged treacle?

Gosh, what has TSR turned into.
Reply 6
Original post by unprinted
It's quite common for infections in the throat not to have any symptoms - or be treated as 'just a sore throat' etc. So it's a good idea to be tested if you've been giving oral to assorted men.

I hadn't considered that. Thank you for mentioning it. :smile:
And that's a good point OP, some things don't have symptoms or ones that are noticable, so if you have any concerns it's always worth getting it checked. Still not worth worrying yourself about it, but there's no harm in making sure and you can always ask for general advice while you are there so you would know the things to look out for in the future. :smile:
Maybe you should, because if they are 24-25 and you are only 15 then it sounds bit shady. Maybe they did it with you because they know they have STD
Reply 8
I don't think anyone can promise parents won't be informed. Services are confidential but when patient appears to be at risk of harm - in this case child sexual exploitation, this is not a guarantee that can be made. It's likely there would be a further referral.

If the OP is sharing here they may well want to know that if they spoke out something could be done. Especially if they are being trafficked or being otherwise exploited.

Quick Reply

Latest