The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Finally decided on a topic! We have to submit two choices though - am thinking of writing down a really awful one so my other idea gets picked! :-)
Original post by diggy
Have you tried contacting a data analysis professor ?

Hi I've got it all sorted now - thank you anyway!
Only just decided my topic and I already want to die, there's so much work.

On an unrelated note - what's the stance on referencing Newspaper articles? I mean, I know you can. But if someone referenced say, The Daily Mail?
Original post by Anna.Karenina
Finally decided on a topic! We have to submit two choices though - am thinking of writing down a really awful one so my other idea gets picked! :-)

Thats funny! This made me laugh out loud!
Original post by pierreboobvier
Only just decided my topic and I already want to die, there's so much work.

On an unrelated note - what's the stance on referencing Newspaper articles? I mean, I know you can. But if someone referenced say, The Daily Mail?

You should ask your uni or a lecturer in your particular study on their own rules for referencing as each uni is different in what they regard as substantial references and less trustworthy references.
Mm
Can you guys do me a massive favour and fill out this questionnaire for my project, its aimed at university students. Thanks.
https://goo.gl/forms/eW2Usg2ksdgjEWSt2
havent even picked a question sigh
Does anyone else have to write a literature review for their dissertation? Mine is due today and I'm still completely lost on it..!
What stage is everyone at with their dissertations? :-)
What stage is everyone at with their dissertations? :-)

My research is (hopefully) finished and I'm finally starting to pick up some traction on the writing front
Original post by Paparazzo
My research is (hopefully) finished and I'm finally starting to pick up some traction on the writing front

My university do it the other way round - we do the literature review, the abstract, the methodology and the introduction, and then we do the research and analysis.
Literature review done - 1,600 words! Introduction time!
Pretty sure I over-reference. 3000 words in with nearly 60 references
Original post by Paparazzo
Pretty sure I over-reference. 3000 words in with nearly 60 references

I'm 3,500 in and only have 31 :frown: What are you doing your dissertation on?
Draft introduction done, literature review done, draft methodology done. Waiting now for my ethics approval so I can start the data collection!
I'm 3,500 in and only have 31 :frown: What are you doing your dissertation on?

The future of EU citizenship

Exciting times
When are all your dissertations due? I haven't even had my first dissertation supervisor meeting yet, let alone started writing it.
Original post by GoingToBurst
When are all your dissertations due? I haven't even had my first dissertation supervisor meeting yet, let alone started writing it.

2nd May :smile:
2nd May :smile:

You're making awesome progress! Well done! :biggrin:

Latest