The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

I've sent my portfolio to Nottingham tonight ( I think !) but have not had anything to confirm they have received it . Did anyone else get an email once they had sent theirs ?
Don't think any universities acknowledge receipt of portfolios. Tracked deliveries for peace of mind...
I think at that stage they just decide whether your accepted or declined via Track. And was yours due today because I'm wondering if I can submit at night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peter Pan99
I've sent my portfolio to Nottingham tonight ( I think !) but have not had anything to confirm they have received it . Did anyone else get an email once they had sent theirs ?

Hey, I sent my portfolio for Nottingham off on Wednesday and I emailed them to ask if they received it/could access it on MyNottingham and they said yes. If you're worried then definitely email them 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks
Did you put it in the upload my document section in mynottingham and under what file section did you put it under ? My applicant upload. Or my work ?
Thanks
Original post by Peter Pan99
Thanks
Did you put it in the upload my document section in mynottingham and under what file section did you put it under ? My applicant upload. Or my work ?
Thanks

Yeah I did! I just uploaded to the my applicant upload!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys (:

I thought it might be fun if after the whole application process is done (every uni responded) we share our portfolios. Would anyone be interested in doing so? I personally find it really interesting to see others work and their interpretations on certain things.

...but maybe that's just me bhaha
Original post by eRric_O
I think at that stage they just decide whether your accepted or declined via Track. And was yours due today because I'm wondering if I can submit at night.

Hi
Yes mine was due today and I phoned Nottingham and they said that it had arrived. Phew !
Also got request for Sheffield today. Anyone else ?
Original post by poopiepie
Hey guys (:

I thought it might be fun if after the whole application process is done (every uni responded) we share our portfolios. Would anyone be interested in doing so? I personally find it really interesting to see others work and their interpretations on certain things.

...but maybe that's just me bhaha

No, it's a good idea. Haven't people done this before? I know one thing we found useful (and encouraging) was the UCL task examples (of failed/succeeded). Though not quite sure how useful yet!

It's hard to know what competition one's up against. I'm sure many applicants are assuming there are a whole load of incredibly talented artists who are already at 2nd year Pt1 level ;-) But I'm assuming that this is not the case and that the vast majority of candidates (indeed, the vast majority of successful candidates) are actually quite normal.

What proportion of 2017 UK architecture school applicants are here, I wonder? Was someone talking about how successful TSR lurkers/posters are compared to "the rest"? ;-)
[QUOTE="Pan99;68338784" Peter="Peter"]
Original post by eRric_O

Hi
Yes mine was due today and I phoned Nottingham and they said that it had arrived. Phew !

I got one aswell (:
[QUOTE="Pan99;68338784" Peter="Peter"]
Original post by eRric_O

Hi

got mine almost 2 weeks ago now, hoping to send it off on monday, just over a week before the deadline? what is everyones street task like? I'm doing multiple studies on one sheet rather than one 'final piece' style sheet
So UCL have finally acknowledged by email receipt of task - sent in a couple of weeks ago!
Original post by czhang1998
Hi guys has anyone here received an offer from Bath?? I just heard from an friend that their friend has got an offer there 😱

I know someone who has got an offer there already :O
Original post by starsfly

So they ARE starting to give out offers :eek::eek4::eek3:
Original post by czhang1998
So they ARE starting to give out offers :eek::eek4::eek3:

Oh nooooooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah jeez I had heard that they gave out offers in March and April.

I guess good luck to everyone. I'm not sure about you but I'm gonna spend the next couple of days spamming refresh on my email.
Original post by BasilBrick
Ah jeez I had heard that they gave out offers in March and April.

I guess good luck to everyone. I'm not sure about you but I'm gonna spend the next couple of days spamming refresh on my email.

I'm literally doing exactly that every single day 😂😂😂

UK or international?
Original post by thewinelake
UK or international?

Uk
Happened at least a week ago
Uk
Happened at least a week ago

And he/she applied this year, right? ;-) Was the surname Foster, or Rogers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending