The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I know. I'm going to the gym tomorrow and cleaning my bedroom.

And I've started writing stories again which I haven't really done since I was a teen because I can't find many interesting books to read and there's not enough TV to occupy me. Sucks that most of my friends from uni have now moved back home.

How are you filling your time?

Just working, spending time with family and being a bit of a lazy slob :P

Original post by LilithSternin
If it's any help, it does seem to go faster when interviews start coming out! Feels awful when you're right at the beginning and all you can do is wait. Hang in there!

Aw thanks :*
Original post by NafNaf39
Just working, spending time with family and being a bit of a lazy slob :P

Aw thanks :*

At least you're working. I haven't even babysat in the last couple of weeks.
At least you're working. I haven't even babysat in the last couple of weeks.

I'm not gonna lie but I've had 0 motivation to do anything, just forced myself.

Maybe pick babysitting up again, look for bank/agency jobs or even pick up a new hobby?? :biggrin:

Maybe pick babysitting up again, look for bank/agency jobs or even pick up a new hobby??

which schools did u apply to and how was your UKCAT?
Does Cambridge accept A Level resits for GEM? I'm currently a second year student at Bristol studying Computer Science, and I'd like to aim for 2018 entry but I think I'd need to resit my A levels to stand any chance. I think I could do it alongside my current work load...
Did anyone who has submitted a Cambridge application form receive confirmation it had been received?
Original post by Charades24
Did anyone who has submitted a Cambridge application form receive confirmation it had been received?

Yep, on the 24/10

I applied to Wolfson
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi all!

Maybe I've missed it somewhere here already, but does anyone have more details about what the interview/MMI process involves for GEM at the different universities?

So far I could only find the following info for the courses I've applied to:

Kings A102: MMI Early Jan
Newcastle A101: MMI 12-16 Dec / 9-12 Jan / 10-14 Feb
Queen Mary A101: Group based task / structured interview
Southampton A101: Selection day Mon 9 / Wed 11 Jan

Also any recommendations for books / courses for preparation gratefully received!

(To be clear, I haven't received any invites for interview from any of these so far!)
U��7�Q
Original post by timbotimbo
Hi all!

Maybe I've missed it somewhere here already, but does anyone have more details about what the interview/MMI process involves for GEM at the different universities?

Also any recommendations for books / courses for preparation gratefully received!

(To be clear, I haven't received any invites for interview from any of these so far!)
U��7�Q

Where did you get the information (interview dates) for Newcastle?
Original post by carbon_
Where did you get the information (interview dates) for Newcastle?

Hi, they're in the attached 2017 admissions policy from the Newcastle website.
Hi all!

U��7�Q

I used Medical School Interviews by Lee and Picard to prep for interviews and found it really useful!
Original post by LilithSternin
I used Medical School Interviews by Lee and Picard to prep for interviews and found it really useful!

Great, thanks Lilith! Are you already studying? And if so may I ask where?!
Hi, they're in the attached 2017 admissions policy from the Newcastle website.

Thank you!

Maybe pick babysitting up again, look for bank/agency jobs or even pick up a new hobby?? :biggrin:

I've picked up Spanish again since I wrote in my Personal Statement that I'm studying spanish and portuguese so I figured I should probably improve haha

I'm so anxious about results now.
Original post by carbon_
Yep, on the 24/10

I applied to Wolfson

Thank you.. This was for the seperate application form? And not just UCAS confirmation?.... I received confirmation my UCAS application had been received but no confirmation about my seperate application form...
anyone got interview from cambridge i know this is a bit early lol but....just waiting.....
I've picked up Spanish again since I wrote in my Personal Statement that I'm studying spanish and portuguese so I figured I should probably improve haha

Good luck :-)
Original post by Ama2007
anyone got interview from cambridge i know this is a bit early lol but....just waiting.....

I haven't heard from them yet, hopefully they'll let us know about interviews soon :smile:

Yeah they should be coming out pretty soon. I have my fingers and everything else crossed for you hun :smile:

Does anyone know when Birmingham hand out interview invites out for the 4 yr grad course?

Thanks!
Reply 2239
Yeah they should be coming out pretty soon. I have my fingers and everything else crossed for you hun :smile:

Does anyone know when Birmingham hand out interview invites out for the 4 yr grad course?

Thanks!

Someone said last years thread got theirs at the end of November. I stalked some of the undergraduate threads and Birmingham have already started giving out rejections for the 5yr course.

I also saw that some unis have verbally confirmed that they got the UKCAT results on Monday! So I reckon we'll start hearing in 3weeks or so x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending