The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mehtj006
Hold up public boy, so you didn't get into oxbridge, but your tryjng to make it out like you did. And why the hell you posting on the lse applicants page. Your not even an applicant.

Which offers did you get from Warwick and King's? What course?
What subjects are you taking by the way?

Don't forget that LSE is better than Oxbridge in some areas. For example in Economics.

JohnGreek is trying to answer applicant's questions, which is helpful and you should appreciate it.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I'm guessing maybe you didnt get into lse. Hmmmm.

He did. By the way, getting an offer from competitive courses in LSE is a different case to someone getting an offer from the less competitive courses.
Hmmm, if im terrible at provoking people why are you still talking to me. Somebody seems to have got their knickers in a twist. Good luck in whichever uni you went to, not sure which it is yet.

Childish act...
You are making yourself look bad :biggrin:
Original post by Fbiemad
He did. By the way, getting an offer from competitive courses in LSE is a different case to someone getting an offer from the less competitive courses.

If i remember correctly law and BMS at LSE have an offer rate of around 20%. So they are equally competitive.
If i remember correctly law and BMS at LSE have an offer rate of around 20%. So they are equally competitive.

Sure, but the quality of applicants might be different. Look up the deviations in average UMS between the two?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gmahapatra
Sure, but the quality of applicants might be different. Look up the deviations in average UMS between the two?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Comparing ums may be a tough factor considering the deviation in subject choice i.e. numerical vs essay based

You need to compare the quality of applicants.
Original post by Fbiemad
You need to compare the quality of applicants.

They are two different fields so it's tough to say. But both equally as competive amongst the respected cohort.
They are two different fields so it's tough to say. But both equally as competive amongst the respected cohort.

For example: Medicine and Biological Sciences are both competitive as well, but Medicine's applicants are way stronger than the Biological Sciences applicants on average, so it makes Medicine more competitive. Their applicants both have same subjects usually.

We dont have to only look at the numbers and forget about everything else.

I do agree that it is competitive though, obviously its not easy to get an offer from LSE.

Anyways, lets end this topic, it wont benefit anyone in the end of the day. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 529
Hey seniors and fellow peers, any ideas when will the first batch of offer come out? :smile:
Original post by Fbiemad
Medicine and Biological Sciences are both competitive as well, but Medicine's applicants are way stronger than the Biological Sciences applicants on averaage, so it makes Medicine more competitive. They both have same subjects usually as well.

We dont have to only look at the numbers and forget about everything else.

I do agree that it is competitive though, obviously its not easy in the end of the day to get an offer from LSE.

I agree, getting an offer from lse would be the best thing.
Original post by Heheboy
Hey seniors and fellow peers, any ideas when will the first batch of offer come out? :smile:

Very soon for some courses.
Reply 532
Original post by Fbiemad
Very soon for some courses.

Is it possible for some rejections to come out today? Left an hour to 5pm :redface: and it's so scary
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Heheboy
Is it possible for some rejections to come out today? Left an hour to 5pm :redface: and it's so scary

It is indeed possible. Learned it the hard way.
Alright, so now I'm starting to see the trend when thursdays and fridays come around. It's gotten me shaken up ngl.
Original post by FriltonMiedman
It is indeed possible. Learned it the hard way.

Does this mean you got a rejection today?
Original post by domaths
Does this mean you got a rejection today?

Correct.
Correct.

Commiserations man :frown:... I'm scared to check my email now :afraid:
Reply 538
Correct.

Omg pls have my commiseration on your application :frown: If you don't mind, may i know what course are you applying for, what time did u receive the rejection and what is the status of your application (i.e. how many weeks)?

Once again, sorry to hear that :frown:
Correct.

Very sorry to hear this man, but you know - you win some, you lose some. :frown: and end of the day, maybe LSE just wasn't right for you? What do you think let you down?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending