The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Right... I have been so bloody good with not venting about HMRC but today I have finally had enough!!!!!!!

I am for 1320/16 for those who don't know already and my pre employment checks are complete. I phoned today as my current employer is offering me a promotion. I spoke to someone who I literally could not understand because their words did not make sense! AT ALL! Everything had "like, I don't know, like, emm, like, ok I don't know" and my favourite "We don't know, you need to send an email". No matter what I said, for example the fact that I have sent 10 emails already or the fact that the email just goes to the people I was talking to on the phone, it simply did not matter I just got the same old "you need to send an email" when I asked her if the email would just end up in front of the person I was speaking with currently on the phone she said "yes". THIS BEGGARS BELIEF!

I understand that they are under pressure but the person on the phone was just plain rude and could not be bothered. I asked them to clarify how they were appointing people i.e. on what basis merit or otherwise and they would not answer. They stated they did not know. I again asked them to put me in touch with the people that did know and they said "we don't have any method to get in contact with them".

This is a complete shambles. It is so unprofessional. I am seriously considering just withdrawing now.

Sorry for the rant people it was you or my other half!
Original post by Waki7866
Whats the difference between CCO and enforcement and conplaince?

Anyone at Bham starting 28th Nov?

yeh i start then as well city center house however i'm o band, not ho. got holidays booked mid December, so hoping they will get approved.
Original post by DeltaGuy
Right... I have been so bloody good with not venting about HMRC but today I have finally had enough!!!!!!!

I am for 1320/16 for those who don't know already and my pre employment checks are complete. I phoned today as my current employer is offering me a promotion. I spoke to someone who I literally could not understand because their words did not make sense! AT ALL! Everything had "like, I don't know, like, emm, like, ok I don't know" and my favourite "We don't know, you need to send an email". No matter what I said, for example the fact that I have sent 10 emails already or the fact that the email just goes to the people I was talking to on the phone, it simply did not matter I just got the same old "you need to send an email" when I asked her if the email would just end up in front of the person I was speaking with currently on the phone she said "yes". THIS BEGGARS BELIEF!

I understand that they are under pressure but the person on the phone was just plain rude and could not be bothered. I asked them to clarify how they were appointing people i.e. on what basis merit or otherwise and they would not answer. They stated they did not know. I again asked them to put me in touch with the people that did know and they said "we don't have any method to get in contact with them".

This is a complete shambles. It is so unprofessional. I am seriously considering just withdrawing now.

Basically there's more than one intake, so if u don't start now you'll start in December/Jan. It is so frustrating because the recruitment team don't have a clue and they're doing the recruitment and giving out offers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DeltaGuy

Do you know that there is a Civil Service Comissioner who was put in place to oversee the recruitment who you could get in touch with if you feel that strongly. Page 2 of this document should be particularly interesting reading for you Delta http://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Recruitment-Principles.pdf
Original post by newcomer2016
yeh i start then as well city center house however i'm o band, not ho. got holidays booked mid December, so hoping they will get approved.

i hope so too...i got some holidays booked in december but in hoping as its the christmas time they are abit comfortable with us taking time off...who you gota see on your first day?
Original post by MHRos
Anyone here 1667/16

ME! Although I'm going round in circles with everything at the moment.....
Original post by Congly
I'm 1667/16 as well. I also had an email asking for "missing documents" -even though I gave them all they asked for

i'm the same - someone finally replied to my emails and said that 'additional information is needed and it is the responsibility of the vacancy holder to request the documents from me'
Original post by HungryHippo53
i'm the same - someone finally replied to my emails and said that 'additional information is needed and it is the responsibility of the vacancy holder to request the documents from me'

UPDATE - Just had a phone call from Edinburgh. Need to take all my documents back in. What is going on across the board - it seems everyone across the country needs to resubmit their documents!
No, from 1667/16 but I was originally TP2016. It's a nightmare - I've had a phone call to go back in with all my documents again. I'm so annoyed because I need to take a half day annual leave to do it which now leaves me without a full week holiday. I'm not going abroad so I can just change my travel plans and work the morning before I go away but it's not the point!
No, from 1667/16 but I was originally TP2016. It's a nightmare - I've had a phone call to go back in with all my documents again. I'm so annoyed because I need to take a half day annual leave to do it which now leaves me without a full week holiday. I'm not going abroad so I can just change my travel plans and work the morning before I go away but it's not the point!

Pull a sickie, I heard there are loads of flu viruses going on now that's winter's knocking 😂😂😂
(edited 7 years ago)
So after all this waiting and anticipation; we're not going to get our formal offers until December? Looking at start dates for the end of jan/feb. This is mental.

Im from 1667/16 too. Least youve had a phone call to take your documents back in! CSR have been requesting mine from the vacancy holder since 26th September but no one has been in touch with me!

Sorry to hear about your holiday but like someone else has said, lots of winter viruses going around at the minute... Hopefully you can go away with the knowledge that it is all sorted for you!
Just got an email from CSR saying my pre employment checks were complete for 2066/15 in Belfast. Wasn't required to do AccessNi, they just done a DBS with the info I gave on September 11th.

Also waiting on my checks being cleared for 1320/16 with manpower and they are now a week behind my 2066 checks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 2494
UPDATE - Just had a phone call from Edinburgh. Need to take all my documents back in. What is going on across the board - it seems everyone across the country needs to resubmit their documents!

What position did u apply for? I got my formal offer last Friday for Edinburgh. Fingers crossed u will get yours soon.
Original post by sac14
What position did u apply for? I got my formal offer last Friday for Edinburgh. Fingers crossed u will get yours soon.

I got mine too but my status hasn't changed yet on csr, has yours?
Reply 2496
Original post by memoryfish
I got mine too but my status hasn't changed yet on csr, has yours?

It says formal offer, we will be contacting you soon about your start date.
I have been emailed my start date 28.11 .
Congratulations
Original post by sac14

It's an Officer job - what's yours? When did you get you provisional offer / send all your documents back?
Reply 2498
It's an Officer job - what's yours? When did you get you provisional offer / send all your documents back?

Mines is HO. I got my provisional offer on 13.9.16 and formal on 28.10.16. I didnt have to go back with any documents.
Reply 2499
Original post by sac14
Mines is HO. I got my provisional offer on 13.9.16 and formal on 28.10.16. I didnt have to go back with any documents.

What date was your interview? I've been thinking that perhaps manpower feel behind on completing document checks and so decided to check those for the last people to interview before their documents 'expired' so that at least some people would get an offer on schedule.

I interviewed 1 August and had to resubmit forms that were now over 3 months old

Latest