The Student Room Group

...im doomed

so im not a very social person and I dont have any friends so I met this guy online and we got alone nicely, now he wants to meet me but the problem is that he lives three hours away. What should I say, because i have to stay the entire weekend? btw im 18 ..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Meet him half way? Ask him if he can travel instead? Try skyping with him beforehand so you know he's real. Meet in a public place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
why are u meeting randoms online?
Reply 3
Original post by A321
Meet him half way? Ask him if he can travel instead? Meet in a public place!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked him but he didnt want to ..
Reply 4
Original post by MyBigBellybutton
why are u meeting randoms online?

because im terrbile at making friends irl so i thought i was a good ide a to do that online
Original post by andrea_gt
so im not a very social person and I dont have any friends so I met this guy online and we got alone nicely, now he wants to meet me but the problem is that he lives three hours away. What should I say, because i have to stay the entire weekend? btw im 18 ..

He can make the journey to visit you.
Do you like him enough to wnat to sustain an ldr?
Is he the type who will try and guilt you into sleeping with him?

Why do you have to travel and see him? Why can't he travel up to see you and just for the one day? This situation doesn't sound right at all, please don't agree and go down to stay with him. Your first meeting should be somewhere public and safe at the very least.
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
He can make the journey to visit you.
Do you like him enough to wnat to sustain an ldr?
Is he the type who will try and guilt you into sleeping with him?

No not really tbh. and he has done that a couple of times
What should i tell him? because i dont have an exuse for not meeting him

Forget it, look at your safety first. Am I right in saying that he wants you to stay for the weekend (at his place)? :afraid: You know what that means right? Clue: you and him alone...

Find someone else closer, there are so many people, and as the woman you have the ultimate decision, guys more closer would be queuing to see you. If he is not willing to meet half way then is he really genuinely interested or does he just want t quick ****?

Because I tried online dating once only because I was horny, though I had no luck (I am a guy btw).
Reply 9
Original post by Eboracum7
Why do you have to travel and see him? Why can't he travel up to see you and just for the one day? This situation doesn't sound right at all, please don't agree and go down to stay with him. Your first meeting should be somewhere public and safe at the very least.

Because he just said that would be better
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
Forget it, look at your safety first. Am I right in saying that he wants you to stay for the weekend (at his place)? :afraid: You know what that means right? Clue: you and him alone...

Find someone else closer, there are so many people, and as the woman you have the ultimate decision, guys more closer would be queuing to see you. If he is not willing to meet half way then is he really genuinely interested or does he just want t quick ****?

Because I tried online dating once only because I was horny, though I had no luck (I am a guy btw).

Yes he wanted me to stay at his place because then it would be cheaper for me
No not really tbh. and he has done that a couple of times

Then your OP is misleading. Go, dont go. Meet half way. You either want to continue it or you dont. 3hrs is a long way to travel for an 18 year old. Are your parents concerned?
Reply 12
Then your OP is misleading. Go, dont go. Meet half way. You either want to continue it or you dont. 3hrs is a long way to travel for an 18 year old. Are your parents concerned?

They have no idea about this, so thats why i needed an excuse for being away for the entire weekend
They have no idea about this, so thats why i needed an excuse for being away for the entire weekend

From a safety point of view I do not think it is a good idea. You are being foolhardy/ reckless imo.
You should leave all your contact details plus tell someone exactly where you are going and who with.
Have they met this boy?

If you lie to them and they find out, then be prepared for the consequences,
Reply 14
From a safety point of view I do not think it is a good idea. You are being foolhardy/ reckless imo.
You should leave all your contact details plus tell someone exactly where you are going and who with.
Have they met this boy?

If you lie to them and they find out, then be prepared for the consequences,

Never met him or seen him, they dont even know im talking to someone online

OP, what your saying is really worrying me. Tell your parents and see what they say, if they support you great, if not then you know your wrong to do this.

Your young and naive, I get the impression that the drive for a relationship is causing you to oversee reality.

Tell him, meet half way or not at all, if he really wants you/and cares for you he will compromise. And if you do meet, for heavens sake make sure someone knows where you are, whether it is a family member, relative or a trusted friend, and by that I mean exact location, not just the town you'll be in.
Reply 16
OP, what your saying is really worrying me. Tell your parents and see what they say, if they support you great, if not then you know your wrong to do this.

Your young and naive, I get the impression that the drive for a relationship is causing you to oversee reality.

Tell him, meet half way or not at all, if he really wants you/and cares for you he will compromise. And if you do meet, for heavens sake make sure someone knows where you are, whether it is a family member, relative or a trusted friend, and by that I mean exact location, not just the town you'll be in.

I know already they wont support this, thats mainly the reason why i need an excuse.
Alarm bells. You are young. It sounds like you are putting youself in a foolish place. Your parents should matter more to you than someone you hardly know.
I know already they wont support this, thats mainly the reason why i need an excuse.

Put it this way even if you two do end up seeing each other and all goes well your still gonna have trouble seeing each other in the future, how many different excuses will you tell your parents, how much money will you spend on the train tickets (they're bloody expensive nowadays), the more you get into each other the more you will want to see each other.

Cut it short while things are not serious and find someone closer. I am sure you as the female get bombarded with msgs in online dating.
Reply 19
Put it this way even if you two do end up seeing each other and all goes well your still gonna have trouble seeing each other in the future, how many different excuses will you tell your parents, how much money will you spend on the train tickets (they're bloody expensive nowadays), the more you get into each other the more you will want to see each other.

Cut it short while things are not serious and find someone closer. I am sure you as the female get bombarded with msgs in online dating.

Yeah, i think thats probably the best option here at the moment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending