The Student Room Group

Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1660
Original post by emelinaw
Yeah that sounds right - they would send offers in alphabetic order but in bands of scores.
Someone said that everyone would be sent offers completely by surname, but so that even if you got a higher score, you would get an offer after someone with an A surname - that would obviously be unfair!!

Lol that was me who said that, dumb suggestion i know, but yeah i think youre right anyways. idont know whether to pick an early interview date to get it out the way in case i get one for cambridge (but this will limit my prep for bham) or a later one, bc im not guaranteed a cambridge interview whatsoever, and i may aswell make the most of what i have. help pleaseee
Original post by Sulee
Lol that was me who said that, dumb suggestion i know, but yeah i think youre right anyways. idont know whether to pick an early interview date to get it out the way in case i get one for cambridge (but this will limit my prep for bham) or a later one, bc im not guaranteed a cambridge interview whatsoever, and i may aswell make the most of what i have. help pleaseee

It's hard I know! I think I'd choose the later date to have as much time to prep as possible but I guess it depends on how likely you think you are to get an interview at Cambridge :/
The Bham interview notification can't be based off of scores (as in anyone with more than a score of 9) for two reasons: 1) I have a score of 10 and haven't received notification, and 2) I have a friend with a score of less than 9 with an interview.
It also can't be alphabetical as my friend has the same first letter of their first name as me and a later second name first letter than me.

So, my guess is it just batches, like a user above suggested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to Birmingham with a score of 10 on the offer calculator and my surname starts with D but I haven't heard anything yet :frown:
Original post by LakersFan24
I applied to Birmingham with a score of 10 on the offer calculator and my surname starts with D but I haven't heard anything yet :frown:

My surname begins with D and I also have a score of 10. Don't fret, it's evidently not alphabetical, it must just be done in batches.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got an interview for Bristol!
The moment you realise they thought your PS was good enough 😭😭

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 1666
Original post by LakersFan24

Im on the interview page rn, and theres 390 spots left. you can be very sure youre one of the 390, what are the odds you wont be, knowing you got a 10
Reply 1667
It's hard I know! I think I'd choose the later date to have as much time to prep as possible but I guess it depends on how likely you think you are to get an interview at Cambridge :/

Well out of 95 applicants to my college last year, 55 got interviewed for 19 places. So yeah, probs not gonna get an interview after the BMAT bc my college use it to shortlist for interview. Later date it is.
Original post by Sulee
Well out of 95 applicants to my college last year, 55 got interviewed for 19 places. So yeah, probs not gonna get an interview after the BMAT bc my college use it to shortlist for interview. Later date it is.

I just got my Birmingham offer too! So happy haha good luck with yours :smile:
Original post by Kozmo
My surname begins with D and I also have a score of 10. Don't fret, it's evidently not alphabetical, it must just be done in batches.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Sulee
Im on the interview page rn, and theres 390 spots left. you can be very sure youre one of the 390, what are the odds you wont be, knowing you got a 10

Yeah you're both probably right. I just stress excessively haha. Congrats and best of luck!
Reply 1670
I just got my Birmingham offer too! So happy haha good luck with yours :smile:

You too man, head down, adrenaline up and prepare like madddd
Original post by CutieTootsie

CONGRATS IM SO JEL! I hope they give out dentistry interviews soon. 🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sulee
You too man, head down, adrenaline up and prepare like madddd

How are you planning on preparing?

Omg you got Bristol??!! So jel that's my first choice I hope I hear soon 😂
Reply 1674
How are you planning on preparing?

Get upto scratch on medical ethics, maybe watch a few documentaries on important cases throughout time, learn about the obesity epidemic, review the most important medical breakthroughs in the last few years, and research the diseases i saw on my work exp just in case. standard stuff. ill kickstart with the isc book tho as im sure most will
Original post by skittles17
CONGRATS IM SO JEL! I hope they give out dentistry interviews soon. 🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by erinls2
Omg you got Bristol??!! So jel that's my first choice I hope I hear soon 😂

Don't worry I'm sure they will!

Well done!😘

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sulee
Get upto scratch on medical ethics, maybe watch a few documentaries on important cases throughout time, learn about the obesity epidemic, review the most important medical breakthroughs in the last few years, and research the diseases i saw on my work exp just in case. standard stuff. ill kickstart with the isc book tho as im sure most will

Dont forget all the stuff on your PS, teamwork, leadership, responsibility, why medicine, why that uni, why not nursing, what you do for fun/what interests you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an interview from Birmingham this morning :smile:
Don't worry I'm sure they will!

mehhh thanks for the faith :P Are you a UK or international applicant? And what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending