The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by m0.4444
MCQ integral the x^4 one was larger than x^2 for values of a<1.

awww yeah I remeber now. yeah I put the one where a>1 I think or was it a<1 can't remember
Original post by Moogle679
Was that the bilateral functions one?

Yeah. It was a show that question so you would know where you went wrong. The reasoning had to be solid that was all.
how would u go about explaining the areas bit for the bilateral functions? i argued that both upper and lower limits were the same?
Original post by m0.4444
Yeah. It was a show that question so you would know where you went wrong. The reasoning had to be solid that was all.

Yeah I liked that question
When will the paper be uploaded?
Original post by SM-
What did people put for the MCQ on integral of the two equations being larger etc.
Also what was choice a and b for the last one as I forgot but I put a

I put 6/5^4 :frown:
Original post by louisforrest
I got 10 combinations but didn't use any logic just that b had to be applied 3 times and a twice or something then I justsat for ages and worked out the combinations. got 107 for c I think

Ya im actually so stupid i messed that up.
Reply 1327
How many marks do you guys think the last 2 parts of each of Q2 3 and 5 was worth?
Reply 1328
Also how did you do the un and tn for Q5
Original post by danielhx
how would u go about explaining the areas bit for the bilateral functions? i argued that both upper and lower limits were the same?

I translated it graphically. So i reflected it then shifted it. Since the both functions where equal all the ys where the same but the x values swapped over.
Original post by redsquared
I put 6/5^4 :frown:

It was definitely this value
Original post by louisforrest
I got 10 combinations but didn't use any logic just that b had to be applied 3 times and a twice or something then I justsat for ages and worked out the combinations. got 107 for c I think

Yeah 108 = 2^2 * 3^3 so you needed a twice and b thrice.

Then 5!/(2! * 3!) came to 10.
i got (6/5)^4
All I know is that I got full 15 for Q4, I remember getting radius 9 and the angle being pi/6 I forgot what I put for the area though.
Original post by SM-
How many marks do you guys think the last 2 parts of each of Q2 3 and 5 was worth?

Last part of Q3 probably wasn't worth much.

Last part of Q2 and Q5 will probably be worth a lot as they were incredibly difficult.
Reply 1335
I just got 6/5, maybe I made a mistake somewhere :frown:
Reply 1336
Original post by hammyt1404
i got (6/5)^4

I put that but don't know why😂
Original post by AmanGottu
Ya im actually so stupid i messed that up.

The short cut was 5 choose 3 or you could have calculated 5 choose 2
Values of A, B, C for Q5?
MCQs:
1) l^105
2) 2-root2
3)didn't do
4)2 for even 3 for odd
5) the one that had a positive value for y when X=1, and also passed through the origin
6) didn't do
7) 3
8) a<(6/5)^4
9) didn't do
10) b

Latest

Trending

Trending