The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dirtybit
You vs the guys she tells you not to worry about
(You):

(The guys she tells you not to worry about):

I actually laughed at my computer screen, thank you brother.
Original post by SA-1
Who we got?!

We won the league! At Manchester! We won the league at Old Trafford!
Obviously a hot topic right now but of the back of my last post about Zlatan, another couple of the analytics guys do a podcast called The Double Pivot. It's a pretty good pod if you're a football fan in general, some in depth talk about different European sides and such. Released a podcast today about strikers and Zlatan is one of the focus strikers. Worth a listen if you've got a commute or some time to kill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fizzel
Obviously a hot topic right now but of the back of my last post about Zlatan, another couple of the analytics guys do a podcast called The Double Pivot. It's a pretty good pod if you're a football fan in general, some in depth talk about different European sides and such. Released a podcast today about strikers and Zlatan is one of the focus strikers. Worth a listen if you've got a commute or some time to kill.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What podcasts are you into? Football or otherwise?

I like 99% invisible, Freakonomics, and No Such Thing as a Fish

Any recommendations?
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Next I mean. Lol at how Moyes is still in a job. Tbf Sunderland are pretty **** regardless and rely on God form in April(they're like Wigan under Martinez), it's not as bad as Steve McClaren getting an easily top 10 Newcastle side relegated though.

It has to end eventually though, and when it does they'll be better off for it.

I don't think they will come straight back up if they do get relegated. Newcastle had good players who were just underperforming and could sell Wijnaldum, Janmaat, Cisse, Sissoko etc for big fees to build a new team, they can't do that. Apart from Pickford, Kone & Defoe I can't see many of their players being wanted by other Premier League clubs.
Original post by swirly

Any recommendations?
Not a whole lot of football, just that one and the Guardian podcast. I listened to the the spielverlagerung podcast too, but they have been lax with that. Good site though. Other than that just politics, history and current affairs, been listening to fivethirtyeight a fair bit of late for the elections coverge. BBC docs assignment podcasts are always good. I got audible so I've been listening to audiobooks a fair bit more than podcasts of late.
Original post by Fizzel
I got audible so I've been listening to audiobooks a fair bit more than podcasts of late.

do you read self development books?
Original post by Dirtybit
You vs the guys she tells you not to worry about
(You):

(The guys she tells you not to worry about):

Ha ha very funny.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4868
Original post by swirly
We won the league! At Manchester! We won the league at Old Trafford!

She said no Robin.. she said no..
Original post by SA-1
She said no Robin.. she said no..

YOUR'RE A SCUNTHORPE ROBIN, YOU'RE A SCUNTHORPE

like Luke hehe
Original post by trapking
Ha ha very funny.

Night all x

TrueGeordie podcasts are hilarious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swirly

Any recommendations?

Little Atoms - GOAT podcast

Other podcasts:

In Our Time - interesting, detailed walks through elements of history
Mad Dogs and Englishmen - US politics podcast (Republican-oriented) - I strongly disagree with their politics, but the presenters are very thoughtful and interesting to listen to
Moral Maze - cool discussions, title speaks for itself
Philosophy Bites; The Partially Examined Life - two good philosophy podcasts
Sawbones - often hilarious pod about the history of medicine
Imagine giving preference to Fellaini and Young over Memphis.

This confirms 100% he's going to leave in January. His career is ****ed if he stays here, he may as well go somewhere were he will actually get good game time.
Rooney ffs.

Rashford up top. Mkhi on the wing man.
Get Jones, Basti and Mata in for Rojo, Schneiderlin and Rooney and we got ourselves a team
stil no miki and more time for rooney

mou is not going to last
Original post by bigmansouf
stil no miki and more time for rooney

mou is not going to last

Mkhi's on the bench mate. He was never going to go straight into the starting XI after not playing for that long. Also Rooney only plays Europa league games. He's captain of the club he's got to play some games. Don't see why you're making a fuss about it.

Latest