The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So for J, I can't remember if I got b or c. What was answer b again?

Think I've got somewhere in the high fifties, maybe 60/61 if I'm lucky, so I think it might be a bit borderline as to whether I get an interview. Depends how many marks the last parts of Q2 and Q5 are cos I got stuck on those.
Original post by RuairiMorrissey
I feel like I've not done well enough to get an interview : (

same. was getting mid 60s then completely flunked this. absolute miracle if i get 50 lol. hopefully my gcses and as levels/predictions could possibly help me (theyre almost perfect....unlike my mat score ayy lmao :///)
Original post by CaiusMartius
same. was getting mid 60s then completely flunked this. absolute miracle if i get 50 lol. hopefully my gcses and as levels/predictions could possibly help me (theyre almost perfect....unlike my mat score ayy lmao :///)

I was getting 80's in past papers but didn't get anywhere near that the one time it counted!
Original post by joels188

Think I've got somewhere in the high fifties, maybe 60/61 if I'm lucky, so I think it might be a bit borderline as to whether I get an interview. Depends how many marks the last parts of Q2 and Q5 are cos I got stuck on those.

Thats exactly how i think i did, hopefully we're on low end of the scale for getting an interview, and i put the answer for J was that if there is only one distinct prime factor then there are some final digits which are impossible, not sure if its right though.
Reply 1384
What was the values of a for the multiple choice and what was the choices A and B in the last one?
Original post by redsquared
Thats exactly how i think i did, hopefully we're on low end of the scale for getting an interview, and i put the answer for J was that if there is only one distinct prime factor then there are some final digits which are impossible, not sure if its right though.

Fingers crossed!
Hi, sorry if i sound very uninformed, but is it true that at a certain point your mat score doesnt matter? the feedback graphs show a decreasing correlation between mat score and offer likelihood once you are above the 70s?
In the bilateral functions how did people prove f (×) part after proving x^n isn't it pretty much exactly the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watching this thread I have 0 memory of what I did. Hopefully I'll get above 50. But I think I have completely butchered the MCQs. Anxiety is taking the better part of me.
Original post by dfbenjamin
0 isn't possible and I just realised why. I put the same as you thinking for some reason that 5^2 ended in 0 lol

ah well

F*** I forgot about 0 :frown:
Yeah that's exactly what I done but it was such a strange question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redsquared
F*** I forgot about 0 :frown:

yeah it sucks

especially since i found that B was false, then went on and did the impossible digits one and found that was false (incorrectly) and then guessed the wrong one... if I had just said "aha this is false I can stop" I would have gotten it right :frown:
Original post by joels188

Same here. I got stuck on q2 and q5. They seemed difficult. I think it was just less than 1/2 for q5 and 1/4 q2
Reply 1393
When will oxford release the paper and mark scheme?
Original post by pressurize
Hi, sorry if i sound very uninformed, but is it true that at a certain point your mat score doesnt matter? the feedback graphs show a decreasing correlation between mat score and offer likelihood once you are above the 70s?

If you're in the mid 70s I think you'd have to really mess up your interview not to get an offer.
0 isn't possible and I just realised why. I put the same as you thinking for some reason that 5^2 ended in 0 lol

ah well

Ah yes I remember now, I did put that :smile:
What did people get for q6?

It was the dancers one about off-beat dances. if the sum is odd. If i remember for the very last parts i got something about there being 2 rings if n was even and 1 ring if n was odd?
yeah it sucks

especially since i found that B was false, then went on and did the impossible digits one and found that was false (incorrectly) and then guessed the wrong one... if I had just said "aha this is false I can stop" I would have gotten it right :frown:

Oh well thats another 4 marks i didn't get
Reply 1398
Original post by m0.4444
What did people get for q6?

It was the dancers one about off-beat dances. if the sum is odd. If i remember for the very last parts i got something about there being 2 rings if n was even and 1 ring if n was odd?

I also got something like that. Therefore using the previous part I believe n had to be divisible by 6?
I just really explicitly split the polynomial up into lots of x^ns then applied the result to all of them. I thought that question was weird since there was barely a leap in thought between each part, it pretty much just flowed on

Yeah i did the same. I said that f(x) could be written as a polynomial hence you can integrate each x term in the same way you did for the part before

Latest

Trending

Trending