The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by flux capacitor
Are they Chinese? I got kicked off another tread because I wanted something translated into English from Chinese

Goodness knows what they are. Either Turkish, Middle Eastern. They could well be Romanisn which means they would be legal. It still wouldn't explain why the boy is not at school.

Haha, the Chinese tend to be quite wealthy and in some cases quite snobby. They are unoffending, just tend to go about their business without causing issues. Of course they speak Chinese a lot, which means we can't understand, but they don't engage in antisocial behaviour.
Original post by Fruli
I did it anonymously, so I didn't find out - though the men have now moved out. Such people don't seem to stay long.

Quite possibly you have thwarted an act of terror - bet they got scoped up in time.

It intrigues me how your suspicions were aroused in the first place? Don't these kind keep a low profile and blend in? Do you have bugging equipment or something?
Are you Lee Wallace ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's gross and racist. I seriously hope you are ashamed of yourself.
Reply 24
Quite possibly you have thwarted an act of terror - bet they got scoped up in time.

It intrigues me how your suspicions were aroused in the first place? Don't these kind keep a low profile and blend in? Do you have bugging equipment or something?

Haha, I studied psychology and now work as a behaviour researcher for a management consultancy, so being conscious of people's behaviour has become second nature. I generally question some things that other people around me don't question, things that I think are obvious but not so obvious to others.

I also work from home so always always conscious of what people are up to during the day. It's a compact apartment building.
Original post by Fruli
Haha, I studied psychology and now work as a behaviour researcher for a management consultancy.....

Interesting stuff - but why go anonymous?

If you don't, perhaps you might get to know if the authorities are doing anything?
Reply 26
Interesting stuff - but why go anonymous?

If you don't, perhaps you might get to know if the authorities are doing anything?

I'm worried the police or immigration authorities could let slip that I reported it and I don't want to get into the neighbours wrong books incase they harm me.

Also there's a particular estate agent letting these people in and I don't want them to find out that I'm the culprit who would have done the reporting, because ultimately they would be culpable. They are meant to be very stringent with passport checks these days.

The men I suspected of terrorism were British Asian lads, so I guess would have passed passport checks. They moved in soon after the apartments were ready, this was in May. One of them worked and the other didn't. At night time they always had random men coming in and out of the apartment. You might be right about their activities having been thwarted because they moved out in September, which is not very long considering the amount of furniture etc that has to be moved and also the fact that it was a new apartment.

The only woman I ever saw go in the apartment was presumably the men's mother, as the parents stayed there for a month in June. She was wearing a hijab. They might have been visiting from Pakistan, who knows.
:congrats:

Yes mate. I respect you for that, really and truly. Get them out of here.

Now I've never reported to immigration because I don't even know how to do that yet but I have reported them to other things like I've got some romanies fined for how they leave their rubbish, and I went to council and reported their landlord which got the property publicly seized and they ended up moving :biggrin: They yelled at me they had to kip in the park afterwards though. So i told them become a citizen and work.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fruli
I'm worried the police or immigration authorities could let slip that I reported it and I don't want to get into the neighbours wrong books incase they harm me.

Also there's a particular estate agent letting these people in and I don't want them to find out that I'm the culprit who would have done the reporting, because ultimately they would be culpable. They are meant to be very stringent with passport checks these days.

The men I suspected of terrorism were British Asian lads, so I guess would have passed passport checks. They moved in soon after the apartments were ready, this was in May. One of them worked and the other didn't. At night time they always had random men coming in and out of the apartment. You might be right about their activities having been thwarted because they moved out in September, which is not very long considering the amount of furniture etc that has to be moved and also the fact that it was a new apartment.

The only woman I ever saw go in the apartment was presumably the men's mother, as the parents stayed there for a month in June. She was wearing a hijab. They might have been visiting from Pakistan, who knows.

:rofl:
Original post by RossB1702
Are you Lee Wallace ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lee Wallace is a grass
RIP community, hello Stasi-esque police state.
Reply 31
Original post by 0to100
:rofl:

Its not funny, it's sad.
The woman is right.
They might be terrorists.
She acted right.
If only everyone acted like that, and were not afraid to be seen as "racist".
It's a matter of national security.
Original post by Fruli
Goodness knows what they are. Either Turkish, Middle Eastern. They could well be Romanisn which means they would be legal. It still wouldn't explain why the boy is not at school.

Haha, the Chinese tend to be quite wealthy and in some cases quite snobby. They are unoffending, just tend to go about their business without causing issues. Of course they speak Chinese a lot, which means we can't understand, but they don't engage in antisocial behaviour.

Please tell us which ethnicities are offending then and cause issues? In my experience you experience ***** from every walk of life...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love how all you people act all sensitive about national security but continue to illegally bomb the **** of places like Syria and exploit it unecessarily.
If they were terrorists then it is good that they're been dealt with, but on the whole you need to be dead certain.
Original post by Exovexo
Its not funny, it's sad.
The woman is right.
They might be terrorists.
She acted right.
If only everyone acted like that, and were not afraid to be seen as "racist".
It's a matter of national security.

why the h are you quoting me for, I clearly agree with her, jog on.
Original post by Fruli
They have a 12 year old boy who isn't attending school, I mentioned that.

Oh and I did it online. Never realised it was so easy.

The boy doesn't have to attend school. He may be home-schooled.
Reply 36
Original post by Seamus123
The boy doesn't have to attend school. He may be home-schooled.

I actually did write in my report that he may be home schooled but who knows.

Given that they do not know a word of English, it's perhaps in their interests and the nation's interest to get the lad into a proper school where he will be taught English, otherwise he will just be a burden to British society when he's an adult. Either on benefits or doing crime.

I say this as a person not born in the UK but has fully integrated.
Original post by Fruli
I actually did write in my report that he may be home schooled but who knows.

Given that they do not know a word of English, it's perhaps in their interests and the nation's interest to get the lad into a proper school where he will be taught English, otherwise he will just be a burden to British society when he's an adult. Either on benefits or doing crime.

I say this as a person not born in the UK but has fully integrated.

Why? On benefits because he may be home-schooled, commit crime because he's home-schooled, or because he doesn't speak English? Which is it?
Reply 38
Original post by Seamus123
Why? On benefits because he may be home-schooled, commit crime because he's home-schooled, or because he doesn't speak English? Which is it?

Err yes. How on earth do you get a proper job as an adult in Great Britain, when you do not speak a word of English. Use your brain.
Original post by Fruli
Err yes. How on earth do you get a proper job as an adult in Great Britain, when you do not speak a word of English. Use your brain.

Either way you did te right thing to report. If you're wrong then you're wrong. If you're right then woohoo, you did your good deed for the day lol

Latest