The Student Room Group

The Ghosts and Folklore Society!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeathGuardElite
i have a friend who believes they have a daemon infesting their home.
and no its not very common

Do you know why they believe that?
Original post by Leviathan1741
Do you know why they believe that?

supposedly stuff that has happened in the home, couldn't get much details but i do know her and her friend were drove into the bathroom to flee from it at one time.
thing is my view on daemons is much different then the common person,
supposedly stuff that has happened in the home, couldn't get much details but i do know her and her friend were drove into the bathroom to flee from it at one time.
thing is my view on daemons is much different then the common person,

Hmm, that sounds intriguing!
Hmm, that sounds intriguing!

it is i'd love to investigate it but i wonder if i could make it worse, as i practice demonolotry(a subsect of Theistic Satanism)
it is i'd love to investigate it but i wonder if i could make it worse, as i practice demonolotry(a subsect of Theistic Satanism)

Yeah that might not be the best idea then!
Yeah that might not be the best idea then!

but it could end up coming with me instead which would benefit them and not bother me at all which is the only other postive outcome besides me trying to help get rid of it which as idk the full situation i can't do without risks.
a lot of people say my story seems made up, and I'm not exactly sure if I actually experienced a ghost (maybe it was my imagination), but here is my story:
I went on a school trip for a week to Wales a few years ago, where we all stayed in this small activities centre. This trip was nothiing educational btw. We all grouped ourselves into a group of 4 and went into our cabins, and my close friend was sharing a room with me. Everything seemed normal for the night, until a light switched on in the bathroom, when there was no one there. This light was automatic, so it only switched on when someone went in, but it was at night so no one actually went into the bathroom. We all ignored that maybe it was just some coincidence. Later, during the night I couldn't sleep (I can't sleep if it's not my bed lol), so I went to my friend's bed to just talk to her. The other 2 people in the room were asleep. About half an hour later, the bathroom light switched on again- no one was there. We both ignored it and continued talking. Since it was dark, we kinda got sleepy cos it's kinda tiring to look in the dark. Then, I stood up to go back to my own bed and I saw a middle aged lady stand behind my friend where she was kinda getting ready to sleep. But in a flash, when I readjusted my vision, the lady was gone. I really don't know if I actually saw the lady, now that i think about it. It may have just been a psychological thing or those shady things that appear when u stare into the darkness. But, I still remember the face of the lady.

Spoiler

If people would be interested i could tell you about a encounter i had with what i think was a ghost and about a few creepy things that have occured in two houses i have lived.
If people would be interested i could tell you about a encounter i had with what i think was a ghost and about a few creepy things that have occured in two houses i have lived.

I'd definitely be interested! :smile:
Original post by alishba-rosex
this thread is interesting:smile: I sound mad, but I actually want to see a ghost lol #badidea

I'm glad you like it! I want to see one too but I know I'd be terrified if I did! :tongue:
I'm glad you like it! I want to see one too but I know I'd be terrified if I did! :tongue:

there's times when I believe in ghosts and when i don't lol
after horror movies, I totally believe in them, but the next morning meh
I'd definitely be interested! :smile:

I'll post it when i get the chance as i am busy till monday.
So my encounter and some random stuff about my older family house
It was night and i was laying on the sofa in the living room, from the position i was laying i could see down the passage way and i could see the light through the glass of the door i was laying there staring at the back of the sofa as i couldn't go back to sleep and i turned over and i saw the outline of a man standing there appearing to be wearing miner attire(the town i lived in was built on top of a collapsed mine which took part of the town with it) in that house some bizzare things happened for example you could occasionally hear someone walk up the stairs and down them but there would be no one there it'd be hard for there to be someone there due to who lived there and the times it could occur.
My parents bed was a couple inches away from the wall and at night there would be knocking on their headboard and if you knocked something would knock back, final thing is one day my mother was in the bathroom and she heard someone say to her "mommy i dont want to be here" and she turned around expecting me to be there but i was downstairs watching TV before anyone asks about siblings my sister was a year old at this time i think.

in the last house the current one my parents live in when we were in the process of moving my father took photos in the house and the photos had orbs on them he also says that when he was working on the house to make it ready to move in he felt like there was someone in the house with him and one time he ran downstairs with a hammer prepared to confront someone but there was no one there, another thing about the house at 3:30am on the dot the front doors handle would move as if someone was trying to open the door and this would occur three times and then stop.
Pleasley Vale Mills, Nottinghamshire

Pleasley Vale Mills were first built more than 200 years ago, in 1784. During the rise of the cotton industry in the 19th century, child labour was used at the mills in order to meet demand, and sadly many of them perished in the harsh working conditions. The mills were destroyed in the 1940s by two major fires, but were rebuilt and continued to be used until 1987 when manufacturing ended. The mills fell into dereliction; however one of them has been partially renovated, while the other remains in neglect.

The sounds of children’s voices are regularly heard throughout the two mills, most often by the staff who now work in them. Staff members have also reported seeing unexplained lights, shadows and experience feelings of depression while in the building, particularly on the first floor corridor, where the presence of an unhappy man has been felt.

The apparition of a man, thought to be Henry Cater, has also been seen standing in the car park outside the mills at night. He is said to appear so life-like that staff delivering stock to the mill, along with the security guards, have stopped to speak to him on many occasions; however, they never get a reply. The End Office on the 4th floor is believed to be one of the most haunted rooms in the first mill. Henry Cater is thought to haunt this area as well, and is believed to be responsible for the many noises which are often heard there, including footsteps, bangs, and dragging sounds.

One of the strangest things which happen at the mill is the behaviour of Joe, a dog who belongs to one of the mill’s tenants. Sometimes upon entering the building, he begins barking and growling at some unseen entity, which he then chases up the stairs to the fourth floor, before returning to his owner.

In addition to the mills themselves, the woodland surrounding them is also thought to be haunted, with shadowy figures, laughter and voices all being seen and heard there. Many deaths at the mills, especially those of the children, went unregistered, and it is thought that many of their bodies were buried in the woodland around the mills. It is these children who are thought to haunt the woods and cause the phenomena which has been experienced within them.
Reply 154
Thanks for inviting me into this crazy house of horrors.
Original post by Kyx
Thanks for inviting me into this crazy house of horrors.

You're welcome! :h:
Birds in Mythology

Norse mythology

Huginn and Muninn

In Norse mythology, Huginn and Muninn are a pair of ravens, possessing the gift of speech, belonging to the supreme god Odin. They are often depicted sitting on Odin’s shoulders, from which they fly at dawn, returning in the evening. Each day they fly around the world, Midgard, bringing back information for Odin about everything they see and hear, so that Odin always knows what is going on in the world.

German mythology

Nachtkrapp

The Nachtkrapp, translated from German as ‘night raven’, is a mythical raven-like creature sometimes used in Germany and Austria to scare children into going to bed. Similar creatures are also described in the mythology of other European countries, including Hungary, Poland and Russia. In Norse mythology, the creature (Nattravnen in Swedish) is usually depicted with no eyes and holes in its wings, which cause illness if looked at.

Different versions of the Nachtkrapp legend exist, the most common one being that the Nachtkrapp leaves its home at night to hunt. If any children see the Nachtkrapp, it will take them back to its nest and eat them, first ripping off their legs, and lastly devouring their heart. Less violent stories of the Nachtkrapp say that if seen, the creature will simply put children into his bag and take them away, or in the case of the Wütender Nachtkrapp (‘angry night raven’), it will crow loudly and flap its wings until the children are frightened into going to sleep.

Danish mythology

Valravn

In Danish mythology, the Valravn (‘raven of the slain’) is the name for a legendary raven. Valravn eat the bodies of the dead on battlefields, although their capabilities vary according to different versions of the legend. One legend says that the valravn transform into knights after consuming the whole heart of a dead child. Other legends say that if a valravn eats the body and heart of a king slain in battle, it will gain all human knowledge and become malicious, leading people astray and possessing superhuman powers.

Other stories of the valravn describe it as a half-wolf, half-raven hybrid monster.
It seems I have found my people.
So my encounter and some random stuff about my older family house
It was night and i was laying on the sofa in the living room, from the position i was laying i could see down the passage way and i could see the light through the glass of the door i was laying there staring at the back of the sofa as i couldn't go back to sleep and i turned over and i saw the outline of a man standing there appearing to be wearing miner attire(the town i lived in was built on top of a collapsed mine which took part of the town with it) in that house some bizzare things happened for example you could occasionally hear someone walk up the stairs and down them but there would be no one there it'd be hard for there to be someone there due to who lived there and the times it could occur.
My parents bed was a couple inches away from the wall and at night there would be knocking on their headboard and if you knocked something would knock back, final thing is one day my mother was in the bathroom and she heard someone say to her "mommy i dont want to be here" and she turned around expecting me to be there but i was downstairs watching TV before anyone asks about siblings my sister was a year old at this time i think.

in the last house the current one my parents live in when we were in the process of moving my father took photos in the house and the photos had orbs on them he also says that when he was working on the house to make it ready to move in he felt like there was someone in the house with him and one time he ran downstairs with a hammer prepared to confront someone but there was no one there, another thing about the house at 3:30am on the dot the front doors handle would move as if someone was trying to open the door and this would occur three times and then stop.

What a truly terrifying story. I don't know you coped! I think if I ever saw a ghost I would have to be admitted to hospital. I do love hearing these stories though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blondyx
What a truly terrifying story. I don't know you coped! I think if I ever saw a ghost I would have to be admitted to hospital. I do love hearing these stories though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont fear the dead, heck i also got more happy stories like one time i went to chillingham castle i was about 7 and i played with a ghost child lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending