The Student Room Group

Boy bestfriend

Guys I have this Guy who has been my best friend since I 6. He is like everything to me,but I have a quick question. The guy has been acting a bit strange. As in he always invading my space, complimenting me and Just being too nice.

Does this mean the guy likes me or not ????????:smile::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mjohns2503
Guys I have this Guy who has been my best friend since I 6. He is like everything to me,but I have a quick question. The guy has been acting a bit strange. As in he always invading my space, complimenting me and Just being too nice.

Does this mean the guy likes me or not ????????:smile::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

that could be a possibility i mean he has known you for a long time and maybe he has slowly developed feelings for you
Reply 2
Original post by Angell99
that could be a possibility i mean he has known you for a long time and maybe he has slowly developed feelings for you

Maybe but the worst thing is that, he's friend asked me out and I told him that I'll think about it and I haven't told my best friend yet
Maybe but the worst thing is that, he's friend asked me out and I told him that I'll think about it and I haven't told my best friend yet

Make up your mind and decide who you like...
Reply 4

do you like your best friend like that or is he just a friend. you should just tell him his friend asked you out its not a crime for others to ask you out
Reply 5
This is why a guy and a girl being best friends can be so complicated...

OP, do you like him more than a friend? It sounds like he does like you.
there's no such thing as "best boy friend" - there's simply guys who want to bang you and nothing more. guys cannot see girls as only friends. even if they're ugly we'll pretty much want to bang them too.
Original post by sleepysnooze
there's no such thing as "best boy friend" - there's simply guys who want to bang you and nothing more. guys cannot see girls as only friends. even if they're ugly we'll pretty much want to bang them too.

I'm having a serious problem based on the usual replies on this site. Is this satire or do you genuinely believe what you've said?

help

"Like", in what way?

Like as in friend - obviously.

Like as in potential partner - potentially, but it's hard to tell.

Reply 9
I don't like his friend in that way but If My best friend asks me out I will say yeah coz he's peng and I now him.
But if things don't really work out it will be awkward
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I'm having a serious problem based on the usual replies on this site. Is this satire or do you genuinely believe what you've said?

help

I'm dead serious
heterosexual inter-gender "friendship" is attraction
without that element of heterosexuality, it's just "friendship"
if not, what even is "attraction"? a fancy name for friendship?
I'm not going to find my best male friend "attractive" just because we get along really well, for instance
but if I get along really well with a girl, I'm not going to consider that "friendship" - I'm going to describe that as the innate biological process that happens when a male and female enjoy each other's company
girls might be a whole lot better at suppressing their natural urges, but men aren't - we are horny as **** by our very nature. we are designed to be.

help

I think it's quite clear :P
I'm dead serious
I'm not going to find my best male friend "attractive" just because we get along really well, for instance
but if I get along really well with a girl, I'm not going to consider that "friendship" - I'm going to describe that as the innate biological process that happens when a male and female enjoy each other's company
girls might be a whole lot better at suppressing their natural urges, but men aren't - we are horny as **** by our very nature. we are designed to be.

Oh, so you think I genuinely do have sexual feelings for about half of my friends that I've repressed so hard I've forgot I even have them?

okayyyy

or is that what you're saying? help

Original post by _gcx
I think it's quite clear :P

on this section you can never be clear

the things I've seen...
I'm dead serious

Bolded the statement at which I realised the sarcasm.
Oh, so you think I genuinely do have sexual feelings for about half of my friends that I've repressed so hard I've forgot I even have them?

okayyyy

or is that what you're saying? help

yes - that's spot-on what I am saying
obviously the circumstances between you and these girls is not appropriate - that's very likely the only thing stopping you from pursuing them in another way. if you fail with one of them, for instance, that might make things between you and not only the individual girl awkward but possibly between you and the whole group of friends.

also, there's obviously the fear of rejection. but a fear of rejection doesn't then mean that you're just viewing them as "only friends" until the act of sexual initiation is made.

you can tell yourself "yeah, this pretty girl who I talk to a lot is just a friend", and to be fair, that's not that strange - it's just the fact that you know in your mind that all you and her can be is friends right now and you've internalised that. as soon as this girl starts showing any kind of interest in you would cause a sudden reversal, obviously. if these girls started showing sexual interest in you, you'd have to be a very sexually-stunted individual to not comply.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by _gcx
Bolded the statement at which I realised the sarcasm.

what?
Wait so people on this are saying a girl and a guy can't be bestfriends or even friends? Why can't they?? I have really close friends who are male and I don't see a problem with it?
Same thing happened to me, he's gone now he wants you as more than just a friend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
This is why a guy and a girl being best friends can be so complicated...

OP, do you like him more than a friend? It sounds like he does like you.

Why is it complicated?
Reply 19
Original post by BhavyaB
Why is it complicated?

I don't think a guy and girl can truly be best friends without someone developing feelings. Unless both were already in a relationship, anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest