The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Fruli
Err yes. How on earth do you get a proper job as an adult in Great Britain, when you do not speak a word of English. Use your brain.

Don't feel bad for what you did.
You did the right thing.
What made you suspect them of terrorism?
Original post by Fruli
Goodness knows what they are. Either Turkish, Middle Eastern. They could well be Romanisn which means they would be legal. It still wouldn't explain why the boy is not at school.

Haha, the Chinese tend to be quite wealthy and in some cases quite snobby. They are unoffending, just tend to go about their business without causing issues. Of course they speak Chinese a lot, which means we can't understand, but they don't engage in antisocial behaviour.

Easy there to group all Chinese people as the same. I have seen Chinese people doing illegal things like stuffing teddy bears with illegal things and have seen the teddy bear ripped apart. They probably used the teddy bear as a cover to their illegal doings. And these people hardly spoke English and looked so innocent you would not know they were doing illegal stuff.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Fruli
I actually did write in my report that he may be home schooled but who knows.

Given that they do not know a word of English, it's perhaps in their interests and the nation's interest to get the lad into a proper school where he will be taught English, otherwise he will just be a burden to British society when he's an adult. Either on benefits or doing crime.

I say this as a person not born in the UK but has fully integrated.

Lol so if someone doesn't know English they are either on benefits or they're a criminal. Great logic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by A321
Lol so if someone doesn't know English they are either on benefits or they're a criminal. Great logic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could become either of those two things, but risk is minimised if the boy learns English. As someone who works with predictive analytics in behavioural research I know what I'm talking about. Obviously it won't make sense to some people, especially those who aren't able to think broadly.
Reply 45
Original post by Exovexo
Don't feel bad for what you did.
You did the right thing.

Thank you.

I'm actually encouraged by the positive affirmation I have received from this thread. I thought there would be a huge backlash.
Reply 46
I suppose they made it my business when they decided to start smoking and making the communal corridor unbearable.

With regards to the suspected terrorists, as others have highlighted, it's a matter of national security.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fruli
I suppose they made it my business when they decided to start smoking and making the communal corridor unbearable.

With regards to the suspected terrorists, as others have highlighted, it's a matter of national security.

Again, what actually made you suspect them of terrorism? Was it their shade of brown? :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by childofthesun
Again, what actually made you suspect them of terrorism? Was it their shade of brown? :smile:

I gave the reasons in one of my earlier posts. I won't repeat.
Reply 49
Original post by 0to100
:congrats:

Yes mate. I respect you for that, really and truly. Get them out of here.

Now I've never reported to immigration because I don't even know how to do that yet but I have reported them to other things like I've got some romanies fined for how they leave their rubbish, and I went to council and reported their landlord which got the property publicly seized and they ended up moving :biggrin: They yelled at me they had to kip in the park afterwards though. So i told them become a citizen and work.

This is the sort of citizenship we need. Well done for nipping it in the bud😀!
Original post by Fruli
I was a remainer but I'm originally not British, but I can't deny the negatives so called multiculturalism has brought to the country, so many unreconciled cultural differences.

I also think sometimes it's easy to blame immigration where the law is failing. I seriously think there should be heavy penalties for people engage in antisocial behaviour.

As I'm writing this, I'm thinking Brexit might actually be a good thing after all. This human rights law has caused so many problems and so much disharmony.

What has the Human Rights Act got to do with Brexit or indeed, to so-called disharmony?
Original post by Fruli
I'm worried the police or immigration authorities could let slip that I reported it and I don't want to get into the neighbours wrong books incase they harm me.

Also there's a particular estate agent letting these people in and I don't want them to find out that I'm the culprit who would have done the reporting, because ultimately they would be culpable. They are meant to be very stringent with passport checks these days.

The men I suspected of terrorism were British Asian lads, so I guess would have passed passport checks. They moved in soon after the apartments were ready, this was in May. One of them worked and the other didn't. At night time they always had random men coming in and out of the apartment. You might be right about their activities having been thwarted because they moved out in September, which is not very long considering the amount of furniture etc that has to be moved and also the fact that it was a new apartment.

The only woman I ever saw go in the apartment was presumably the men's mother, as the parents stayed there for a month in June. She was wearing a hijab. They might have been visiting from Pakistan, who knows.

So being brown/arab looking and having loads of friends and or extended family members visiting (as often the case is) = terrorists.
Interesting take you have there.
I can imagine the conversion with the police or 101 going like this:
Fruli: Hello I'd like to report suspected terror
Operator: ok sir what suspicious acts have you seen?
Fruli: well I've seen a load of brown people going into a house, and uhhh a woman with a hijaab entering the premises
Operator: sir you haven't mentioned any suspicious activities.
Fruli: But they are brown, asian and woman had hijab
Operator: Hangs up
Fruli: hello... Heloo!! Dang it.
*Goes back to window watching people keeping an eye out for suspicious activities.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by Vanny17
Easy there to group all Chinese people as the same. I have seen Chinese people doing illegal things like stuffing teddy bears with illegal things and have seen the teddy bear ripped apart. They probably used the teddy bear as a cover to their illegal doings. And these people hardly spoke English and looked so innocent you would not know they were doing illegal stuff.

Going slightly off topic...

I remember you! We go way back, the days of Imso, shinytoy, cherrycherryboom, black girl threads, etc.

Good old TSR days,
Original post by Fruli

The only "reason" in your earlier post is them being "Turkish or Middle Eastern".

Anyway, you did what you believed was right, but I find it rather strange that the people who supposedly get the most outraged over illegal immigration and terrorism seem to want these people to be illegal immigrants or terrorists. Speaks volumes, really.
Reply 54
Original post by Al-farhan
So being brown/arab looking and having loads of friends and or extended family members visiting (as often the case is) = terrorists.
I can imagine the conversion with the police or 111 going like this:
Fruli: well I've seen a load of brown people going into a house, and uhhh a woman with a hijaab entering the premises
*Goes back to window watching people keeping an eye out for suspicious activities.

Sorry to break your assumption but they actually took it very seriously, asked for their address and details of the agent.

They tried to get me to give my details but I refused.

In terms of my suspicions, they did ask about night activities and I told them about the activities I'd seen at night. The town I live in is an ideal location for a terrorist, due to the lack of cctv. This is compared to London and other big cities where there's cctv at every corner.
Original post by Fruli
Sorry to break your assumption but they actually took it very seriously, asked for their address and details of the agent.

They tried to get me to give my details but I refused.

In terms of my suspicions, they did ask about night activities and I told them about the activities I'd seen at night. The town I live in is an ideal location for a terrorist, due to the lack of cctv. This is compared to London and other big cities where there's cctv at every corner.

Of course they have to take it seriously, but that still doesn't take away from the ridiculousness of having several brown people coming together and a woman in hijab= terrorists.
I mean it is as ridiculous as if I saw a couple white dudes with shaven heads coming to visit you I immediately assume ''these lot are far right extremists''
Unless you had other obvious grounds of suspicion that you are not telling us. What were the night suspicions?

Dare I say that on the grounds you have provided so far this is simply prejudice based suspicion (which non the less has to be taken seriously by authorities).
Original post by childofthesun

Original post by Fruli

Original post by Al-farhan
I can imagine the conversion with the police or 101 going like this:

PRSOM
OP is a joke. It's unbelievable that people are actually commending him/her
Original post by Fruli
Could become either of those two things, but risk is minimised if the boy learns English. As someone who works with predictive analytics in behavioural research I know what I'm talking about. Obviously it won't make sense to some people, especially those who aren't able to think broadly.

:rofl: wtf? What a fake qualification :colondollar:
Good. We need to send the illegals back, there are so many of them in this country and they don't pay tax, they are a huge nuisance I've found.

Latest