The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official imperial college london 2017 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dinliltla
i applied for that too and only got an acknowledgement after 2weeks or something like that. I think they're going to start sending offers for us after they've finished with people that need interviews/extra work provided

Ah thanks, I was just getting worried because I didn't know if anyone else had one. Btw what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I don't think that biological sciences interview- main reason I applied
Original post by icecreamcookie5
Ah thanks, I was just getting worried because I didn't know if anyone else had one. Btw what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

I'm an EU student, but the equivalents would be A*A*A*! What about you?
Same here, but I also have an additional A in maths :smile: I am a medical applicant but if I didn't get in, I would love to study this course. Good luck for your application x
Original post by aleuria
QUEENS wau?
st johns

Original post by onlyvips
Hi again, when did you receive the email for your interview invite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monday oct 31, could you share all that you know about the test?
Original post by davozgenius
st johns

All I've heard was that it was a 30 minute computer test which is multiple choice (take a look at last years aero forum it has a lot of details of it)

But at the open day the aero people said they can't tell me anything about the test

Original post by davozgenius
st johns

Also, when did you send off your UCAS application?

Same here, but I also have an additional A in maths :smile: I am a medical applicant but if I didn't get in, I would love to study this course. Good luck for your application x

Did you apply for medicine at imperial as well? Best of luck, I'm sure you'll ace it :smile:
No, not at Imperial- I really wanted to avoid doing the BMAT. I have applied to all UKCAT universities but I am slightly worried because my personal statement is entirely medicine based. I don't want Imperial to think that they are my last option because I genuinely would love to study Biology if not medicine :smile: Thanks anyway x
Do imperial typically interview maths students?
is there anyone applying to medical biosciences?
Original post by gertrudemc
is there anyone applying to medical biosciences?

I am!
Original post by Roxxstar
I am!

They're not interviewing are they? I'm really bad at finding info in their website!
where else are you applying?
Original post by aleuria
YES! which other unis are you applying to?

Bristol, Bath, Surrey and Southampton! Couldn't be bothered with Oxbridge again haha. How about you?
Has anyone got an offer to study Biological Sciences yet? Just wondering because I sent my application off and haven't heard anything back yet from them.

Hey, I haven't sent my application off yet but was wondering what grades are you predicted?
Original post by gertrudemc
They're not interviewing are they? I'm really bad at finding info in their website!
where else are you applying?

No, they don't do interviews :smile:
Has anyone got an offer to study Biological Sciences yet? Just wondering because I sent my application off and haven't heard anything back yet from them.

When I was applying I sent off my application in early Novemember and I didn't hear back from Imperial until late February! Don't worry if you haven't heard back yet, no news is good news :h:

Good luck with your application!
Original post by agahaga
GCSE: 9A* (biology, chemistry, English language, French, geography, HE: food & nutrition, maths, RS) and 1 further A grade (English literature).

AS predictions: AAAA (biology, chemistry, maths, French)

Not yet done a-levels.

Extracurricular:
Member of my schools CCF
Enjoy sports incl. bike riding and athletics, but don't compete.
Volunteered at a food bank for 1.5 years
Hands on work experience in an elderly care home and have hospital experience.
Member of my schools prefect team.
Have done NCS and will be continuing as a 'mentor' this summer.

Based on this info, what sort of chance do I have on getting in? I know that entry is based largely on A level grades and BMAT scored esp. for 2017 entry.

Tad late, but I'm 99% sure we go to the same school! Sounds like it anyway.
Reply 518
Hi
Has anyone done the MAT test, if so how was it?
Also when do you think they will be giving out offers for maths courses?
Reply 519
Will Imperial be allowed to see my MAT score if I allow them? (Applying for Computing)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending