The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance undergraduate applications 2017

Hows everyone's applications going?
I applied to: Warwick, Kent, Sussex and Surrey for A + F and got 3/4 offers back for this subject :biggrin: Very quick responses from Kent and Surrey! I'm interested to know what everyone thinks about the unis they've applied to and what your favorite is too.

So far I really liked Warwick's campus but I think my favorite overall uni is either Kent or Surrey because they focus well on the third year placement. Sussex is probably my last option and when I visit Surrey properly I will decide whether I prefer that or Warwick. Already visited every uni but Surrey and thought they were all decent :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by CallumJSC
I applied to: Warwick, Kent, Sussex and Surrey for A + F and got 3/4 offers back for this subject :biggrin: Very quick responses from Kent and Surrey! I'm interested to know what everyone thinks about the unis they've applied to and what your favorite is too.

So far I really liked Warwick's campus but I think my favorite overall uni is either Kent or Surrey because they focus well on the third year placement. Sussex is probably my last option and when I visit Surrey properly I will decide whether I prefer that or Warwick. Already visited every uni but Surrey and thought they were all decent :smile:

What were your predicted grades and AS grades?
Reply 2
Original post by Deeeeee
What were your predicted grades and AS grades?

My realistic prediction I asked to put an A*AA in Business Studies, Maths and Economics respectively, despite my teachers wanting me to put A*A*A. Also predicted an A in AS Further Maths.
Last year I got AABD in Business Studies, Economics, Maths and Physics - still annoyed about physics as 1 mark off a C but oh well since not relevant to accounting and finance

Since all my offers are AAA (Warwick) or below and I should get higher than that hopefully :smile: Deliberately avoided applying to LSE or anywhere too tricky as I'm not the most academic and not too bothered about going to a prestigious uni as I go to a below average secondary school and like it there.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ive got offers from UEA (uncon), Kent (Uncon), Surrey and Loughborough. Im waiting of nottingham accountancy (Flying Start)

AABC as AS

@CallumJSC
Reply 4
Impressive! I've got all my offers as conditional - Any idea what you did to get the unconditionals? Hopefully won't matter in the long run though if I perform well.

Also, which uni interests you the most out of them? I really like Surrey and Kent
@citibankrec
Reply 5
That's really good. I plan on applying to warwick lse icl and Reading. submitting my ucas on saturday. My AS were AAAC in maths economics gerogaphy and chemistry respectively. Predicted AAA. a bit nervous about lse and warwick.
Impressive! I've got all my offers as conditional - Any idea what you did to get the unconditionals? Hopefully won't matter in the long run though if I perform well.

Also, which uni interests you the most out of them? I really like Surrey and Kent
@citibankrec

No idea how i got them! My predicted grades are AAA

Nottingham if i get an offer. I haven't visited surrey or kent.
Original post by Deeeeee
That's really good. I plan on applying to warwick lse icl and Reading. submitting my ucas on saturday. My AS were AAAC in maths economics gerogaphy and chemistry respectively. Predicted AAA. a bit nervous about lse and warwick.

Reading for the PwC degree?
Reply 8
Original post by citibankrec
Reading for the PwC degree?

na, want to go into investment banking
Original post by Deeeeee
na, want to go into investment banking

Ah okay
Reply 10
No idea how i got them! My predicted grades are AAA

Nottingham if i get an offer. I haven't visited surrey or kent.

Nice predictions :smile: Maybe your personal statement was really good or they preferred your subjects over mine?

I thought Kent was alright, the subject talk was the best one I've been to. I'll be visiting the surrey applicant day :smile:
Nice predictions :smile: Maybe your personal statement was really good or they preferred your subjects over mine?

I thought Kent was alright, the subject talk was the best one I've been to. I'll be visiting the surrey applicant day :smile:

i did work experience at PwC, so that might have clinched it :wink:
Reply 12
i did work experience at PwC, so that might have clinched it :wink:

Probably, I did mine at a local accountancy firm XD What's your favorite subject you take?
Probably, I did mine at a local accountancy firm XD What's your favorite subject you take?

probs econ wbu
Reply 14
probs econ wbu

Economics is okay, I prefer it much more this year with all the micro diagrams! But ATM probably maths :smile: since I always enjoy doing it at school and at home. Economics is a bit boring every now and then, especially topics like globalization.

zoology seems right for you

@citibankrec

some unis just give out unconditionals really easily --> nothing to worry about
Reply 17
Original post by igot100ums
some unis just give out unconditionals really easily --> nothing to worry about

It's more the fact I applied to one of the unis he applied to and he came out with the unconditional so I was just trying to see why :smile:
Hi! Omg i have been searching for a page like this for ages! And btw well done on your offers! That is amazing. I have had three offers so far. Ive applied to Durham Lancaster Exeter UEA and Swansea
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by CillyCelina
Hi! Omg i have been searching for a page like this for ages! And btw well done on your unconditional offers! That is amazing. I have had three offers so far. Ive applied to Durham Lancaster Exeter UEA and Swansea

Nice Celina :biggrin: Yeah me too so I had to create one XD Well done on your offers and some nice Unis there. I might have put some of them down if it wasn't for them being a bit too far from my house.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending