The Student Room Group

This guy is too keen :S

I met this guy about three weeks ago. I've met up with him a few times, and we seemed to get on really well, I thought he was really sweet. Over text a couple of days later, he confessed to having feelings for me and I told him I felt the same way. He then then text me 'I love you' the next day, I was taken aback and tried to avoid it, and said I really like you too.

Tonight he also spammed me with about 5 lines of heart emojis and said 'I love you too much'. I said to him 'you can't love me already, you don't know me well enough, you're infatuated' but he kept saying he just had a feeling I was the 'one' and he believes his feeling, he said he knows I'm the woman he'll love. Maybe he's just a hopeless romantic, maybe I'm too much of a pessimist, I don't know, he just seems a little naive and is coming across a bit strong. What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We are both 21 also, and he told me he has had a girlfriend before, the relationship lasted a year, I've also had one relationship for a year, so I thought his approach would be a bit more reserved. I feel like like I'm in one of those relationships you might've had as a child, where you barely know each other yet think you 'love' each other and you're going to live happily ever after etc. His attention is flattering and cute, but it makes me a bit wary.
Original post by Anonymous
I met this guy about three weeks ago. I've met up with him a few times, and we seemed to get on really well, I thought he was really sweet. Over text a couple of days later, he confessed to having feelings for me and I told him I felt the same way. He then then text me 'I love you' the next day, I was taken aback and tried to avoid it, and said I really like you too.

Tonight he also spammed me with about 5 lines of heart emojis and said 'I love you too much'. I said to him 'you can't love me already, you don't know me well enough, you're infatuated' but he kept saying he just had a feeling I was the 'one' and he believes his feeling, he said he knows I'm the woman he'll love. Maybe he's just a hopeless romantic, maybe I'm too much of a pessimist, I don't know, he just seems a little naive and is coming across a bit strong. What do you think?

Ok first off tell me his age..
Reply 3
Original post by 0to100
Ok first off tell me his age..

He is 21.
from a girl's point of view, that does sound pretty desperate... but this only from a female point of view.
He is 21.

Right that's pathetic.
He sounds about 12 not 21

Think you have more or less nailed it.

1. What do you feel? Youve said above too strong, too fast and now you are having doubts as he is throwing himself at you, when he doesnt know you, which makes you question his suitability.

2. Too young or naive? As you point out he doesnt know you, even if he likes you, the words have nor significance and meaning for you, so to hear them so quickly followed up by the one etc makes it all feel a bit false.

3. Immature? is that what you want. Theres a ime and a place for emojis.

I would say have a chat and give him the opportunity to calm down and continue a a pace you are comfy with. If he cnat stop being a puppy, then you have your answer. I'd find it a bit annoying and irritating tbh.
You're right, he's either desperate or infatuated. You have to go through a whole lot of **** with someone in order to be inlove. I've been with my bf for about five months if I can count right and he just recently said it, Ommgggg stop ****ing lyin'. It feels good to be grown.
Reply 9
Original post by rayestar
from a girl's point of view, that does sound pretty desperate... but this only from a female point of view.

Yeah and he doesn't know my personality well enough, we haven't had 'deep' conversations, talked about our passions, goals for the future etc. He compliments my appearance and tells me often that I'm very beautiful, I think he might only like me for my appearance :s-smilie: I can't judge much without having met up with him frequently, but so far I'm a bit torn.
Yeah and he doesn't know my personality well enough, we haven't had 'deep' conversations, talked about our passions, goals for the future etc. He compliments my appearance and tells me often that I'm very beautiful, I think he might only like me for my appearance :s-smilie: I can't judge much without having met up with him frequently, but so far I'm a bit torn.

do u knw y u like him though? is it cos of the compliments? Maybe you can ask him what part of u he likes?
since he can be bold about his love for u, i don't think asking would hurt.
Original post by 999tigger

1. What do you feel? Youve said above too strong, too fast and now you are having doubts as he is throwing himself at you, when he doesnt know you, which makes you question his suitability.

2. Too young or naive? As you point out he doesnt know you, even if he likes you, the words have nor significance and meaning for you, so to hear them so quickly followed up by the one etc makes it all feel a bit false.

I would say have a chat and give him the opportunity to calm down and continue a a pace you are comfy with. If he cnat stop being a puppy, then you have your answer. I'd find it a bit annoying and irritating tbh.

Yeah I totally understand what you mean. I have been in a relationship before and there was none of this, there was affection but it felt more mature and we really knew each other inside out so the I love you's had meaning. I think because he's just met me, he feels as though all of this new and exciting, I should probably stop speaking to him every single day, and limit it to every few days so he calms down a bit.
Original post by 999tigger

if i were only a few weeks into the relationship, I wouldn't want an overflow of heart emojis though... maybe it's just me??:redface:
Original post by xobeauty
You're right, he's either desperate or infatuated. You have to go through a whole lot of **** with someone in order to be inlove. I've been with my bf for about five months if I can count right and he just recently said it, Ommgggg stop ****ing lyin'. It feels good to be grown.

I think maybe he's able to do this because it's over text. I doubt he would actually tell me he loves me, how I'm the 'one' etc directly to me, maybe after a very long time as it takes more to say it in real life. When I met him, he was absolutely fine, he spoke to me completely normally, he was actually a bit shy and I thought he was so lovely, so maybe this is just a text thing (hopefully..)
Reply 14
omg lmao cuck spotted

It is so hard for me to love a girl. the most i'll love a girl is 20%, my country 50%, my people 60%, and my religion 80%. this phag loves you already :rofl:
Yeah I totally understand what you mean. I have been in a relationship before and there was none of this, there was affection but it felt more mature and we really knew each other inside out so the I love you's had meaning. I think because he's just met me, he feels as though all of this new and exciting, I should probably stop speaking to him every single day, and limit it to every few days so he calms down a bit.

Maybe talk to him when hes calm and see if you cna get him to just slow down a bit. Its whether its some movie he is starring in or he has the ability to listen and then change his behaviour to meet your needs. Always a good sign.
if i were only a few weeks into the relationship, I wouldn't want an overflow of heart emojis though... maybe it's just me??:redface:

I wouldn't even call us a relationship yet and I hope he isn't assuming that we are boyfriend and girlfriend. He told me he liked me, I told him I liked him back and I've also told him that he couldn't possibly love me yet, how we needed to get to know each other a lot more and learn more about each other before we say things like that.. it didn't stop him saying he loved me again the next day however. He's sent me a couple of heart emojis here and there after complimenting me which I thought was very sweet, it's just there were like 5-6 lines of spammed heart emojis tonight with lots of kiss faces!

If you are capable and have been chatting in depth and for long periods, then a few emojis arent harmful. If I for them for 50% of the text then i'd think that was the only way they could communicate. I'd find it depressing and a bit moronic.

I think OPs point is saying I love you takes much more time to get to know someone so it means soemthing, so to be bandying it about so early makes it less about her and just he likes the idea of it. It lacks a bit of meaning. She wouldnt be ready tosay it back till months down the line and then it would be a big decision.

lol nope not just you

I wouldn't mind if a girl did it but Idk about adult males doing that
do u knw y u like him though? is it cos of the compliments? Maybe you can ask him what part of u he likes?
since he can be bold about his love for u, i don't think asking would hurt.

I originally liked him because he seemed really shy and sweet when I met him, I found him very easy to speak to and I found him very attractive too, I left with a good impression of him. He seemed the same when I first text him, I changed my profile picture to a picture of myself, and that same day, he kept complimenting the picture and his entire behaviour changed towards me. I did ask him why he loved me, he said I was very nice, beautiful and classy. I doubt he'll be this bold in real life, I think he's just doing it as he has more freedom over text.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending