Do I apply to sixth forms now

Watch this thread
Felicia20
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I want to apply to a couple of sixth forms that already have their applications open BUT
I didn't get my latest mock results for English (which I know I didn't do great in) and in physics I got only a B. I will apply for oversubscribed courses such as maths and sciences. Will the sixth forms (I am applying for grammar schools) value more my predicted grades (4 As 6A*) or will the mock results affect this by any means?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Fox Corner)
x
username2471155
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Felicia20)
So I want to apply to a couple of sixth forms that already have their applications open BUT
I didn't get my latest mock results for English (which I know I didn't do great in) and in physics I got only a B. I will apply for oversubscribed courses such as maths and sciences. Will the sixth forms (I am applying for grammar schools) value more my predicted grades (4 As 6A*) or will the mock results affect this by any means?
A prediction of 6A* and 4A should be enough alone. You don't have to mention the mocks unless they ask you for your results.
Felicia20
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Illimitable)
A prediction of 6A* and 4A should be enough alone. You don't have to mention the mocks unless they ask you for your results.
Thank you
username2471155
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Felicia20)
Thank you
Your welcome.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
They'll, probably, only be interested in predicted grades, not performance in any end-of-topic mock.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (226)
42.24%
The paper was reasonable (228)
42.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
8.97%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
6.17%

Watched Threads