The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bammy jastard 27
Basically a completely inefficient Frank Lampard. I find it funny he doesn't get the criticism that Ozil gets. Maybe because it's United and their players are exempt to criticism in the media.
Genuinely which world are you living in? The criticism of him quite literally started with his first touch of the ball in the PL.
Reply 4981
Original post by mojojojo101
Before this summer how many times had you guys watched Pogba play?

He is a box-to-box midfielder who played best at Juventus driving/linking from midfield, creating overloads then cutting inside and helping to control the tempo of the game.

The Pogba of this season isnt even half the player of last year considering Martial, Smalling, Rashford, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan, Blind, Shaw, Rooney and others are playing way below their level it seems odd to criticise Pogba and not Mourinho, whose job it is to get each player playing to the best of his ability.

I've actually watched Pogba, hence why I said he's best playing in a 3 or a 4-4-2 diamond. He's also played on the left of a 4-4-2 but when he played there I had questions of his effectiveness.

I'm taking the piss. Clearly Pogba's a bbm but also has the ability to play further forward and deeper(although he's not great defensively deeper).

Also you know how I feel about Mourinho so there was no need for that last sentence.
I think the problems lie at CF, having someone who can't run in behind with pace makes us one dimensional. Wingers should stay on the touchline to stretch their full backs to create space. It isn't fair to expect our full backs to be the play makers as today the ball always fell to Shaw or Darmian to cross it.

That said both of their goals were world class but arguably Dave should have saved the first one, but it doesn't hide the fact we cant score goals. Rashford is not a winger nor should he be starting two games a week.

I personally feel that these players don't feel for the club as much as before, we had Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Gary, Butt, Beckham, Rio, Evra etc who actually loved the club. Now the players are just with us because we pay the most £s.

Jose has a lot of work to do :colonhash: I'm still pretty confident come May we'll be up there :colondollar:
Reply 4983
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
I think the problems lie at CF, having someone who can't run in behind with pace makes us one dimensional. Wingers should stay on the touchline to stretch their full backs to create space. It isn't fair to expect our full backs to be the play makers as today the ball always fell to Shaw or Darmian to cross it.

That said both of their goals were world class but arguably Dave should have saved the first one, but it doesn't hide the fact we cant score goals. Rashford is not a winger nor should he be starting two games a week.

I personally feel that these players don't feel for the club as much as before, we had Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Gary, Butt, Beckham, Rio, Evra etc who actually loved the club. Now the players are just with us because we pay the most £s.

Jose has a lot of work to do :colonhash: I'm still pretty confident come May we'll be up there :colondollar:

No offence but do you think the players feel for Manchester City?

It is what happens when you sell your souls.
No offence but do you think the players feel for Manchester City?

Good Point :smile:

Original post by James.Carnell
It is what happens when you sell your souls.

But we didn't did we. We hired the best coach who was available at that given time.
Good Point :smile:

But we didn't did we. We hired the best coach who was available at that given time.

A coach that does not provide teams with an identity except with utter cynicism and negativity both on and off the pitch.

Man Utd always had an identity of how they did things, subsequent managers after SAF (apart from LVG who did well to hold on to traditions) have done their best to throw that out of the window. The only manager so far that can walk away with any pride is LVG, and guess what? He was successfully building an identity based on youthful flair players.

I believe that LVG was the best manager for Man Utd and his "philosophy" would have produced results because the team showed signs of gelling and growing together.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37867990

The great meltdown of our time begins.
A coach that does not provide teams with an identity except with utter cynicism and negativity both on and off the pitch.

Man Utd always had an identity of how they did things, subsequent managers after SAF (apart from LVG who did well to hold on to traditions) have done their best to throw that out of the window. The only manager so far that can walk away with any pride is LVG, and guess what? He was successfully building an identity based on youthful flair players.

I believe that LVG was the best manager for Man Utd and his "philosophy" would have produced results because the team showed signs of gelling and growing together.

You must have not watched LVG football last season :tongue:

Honestly your claims are laughable in my opinion, in the long term we'll be better of with Jose...

Honestly your claims are laughable in my opinion, in the long term we'll be better of with Jose...

:lol:

Bookmarked.
Reply 4990
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37867990

The great meltdown of our time begins.

It's started already.
Tell the media bout my woes
You know how that **** go.

Bookmarked.

Good, make a statement as well and i'l bookmark it :smile:
It's started already.
Tell the media bout my woes
You know how that **** go.

"that's that **** i don't like" -Sosa.

At least LvG left a legacy in Rashford, Martial, Schweiny, Schneiderlin! Surprised Bothwrick Jackson was loaned out he was quality.

You must not have watched Mourinho football this season...
Please everyone..... Enjoy da wyne and a meeence pie. Goodbye.

[video="youtube;ukuOdn0f0Vo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukuOdn0f0Vo[/video]
You must not have watched Mourinho football this season...

Are you a United fan? If so then its only been a couple of months. Regardless I could argue the "performances" have been good with the odd crap game.
Are you a United fan? If so then its only been a couple of months. Regardless I could argue the "performances" have been good with the odd crap game.

Nah you've been pretty dire with the exception of the Liverpool game - which even then was solely defensive with close to zero attacking intent.

You created well against Burnley but they were happy to give you as much time and space as you needed, and regardless you didn't get the win so I'm not sure I'd call that a "good" performance per se.
All in all, your current position fairly reflects the general quality of your play this season - not useless but without direction.

You clearly have the quality in your side to beat pretty much any other team in the league, but there just isn't any strategy or system that you're working with.
You look at City with their possession game and Liverpool with their pressing and you can see why we're where we are. We don't have the quality of players you do, but we have a way of playing whereby the players know exactly what they're doing individually and as a group.
(edited 7 years ago)
LvG's press interviews were pure comedy >>>>>

[video="youtube;nTB6QOaIAGQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTB6QOaIAGQ[/video]

I'm dead.

Because I come here delusionally trying to pretend that everything is fine you are questioning my status as a Man Utd fan.

If I am allowed my opinion, the football is as bad if not worse than last year, the players are continuously not performing anywhere near the level they are capable of and already the club has Mourinho's entirely toxic atmosphere surrounding it. The sooner Mourinho pisses off the better.

If I am allowed my opinion, the football is as bad if not worse than last year, the players are continuously not performing anywhere near the level they are capable of and already the club has Mourinho's entirely toxic atmosphere surrounding it. The sooner Mourinho pisses off the better.

Scholes brought up a good point today in the post match analysis.

He said, if we sack Mourinho say in January if he continues on this bad streak who on earth are we going to get? The players are constantly having to adapt to new philosophies so we wouldn't be actually going anywhere and will be stuck in the constant cycle of getting a new manager, then he flops, and we are back at square 1 again.

Right now the best we can do is be patient for a long time and accept we ARE an average team now that can't win the Europa League or challenge for the title. Wait till he has had 2-3 transfer windows and then let's see where Man Utd are then (that is if he doesn't **** up big time in which case he will be sacked). I think Mourinho is starting to realise this is a tougher job than he initially thought and he's also slowly learning to leave his ego out of it...you can see how he has reversed his decision on Schweinstieger and at least given Mkhitaryan some minutes today after blocking him out.

He has to focus on playing players in the right positions and pick a starting XI that gets the best out of players like Pogba. Rashford shouldn't be on the wing too. As much as I hate him I believe he can turn this around but to do that he has to stop being such a stubborn **** and get his **** together which tbh knowing him he probably won't do but he proves people wrong so let's wait and see.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest