The Student Room Group

2017 Bristol medicine hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

How many people have got
interview confirmations from bristol till now ?
Original post by Pochi101
How many people have got

Only one on TSR that we know of, and I've seen one on social media from yesterday. So not a lot!
Just received an email that my application is still under consideration, anyone else receive this?
Original post by Pochi101
How many people have got

Interview dates for all Med Schools are released very gradually to control numbers and ensure that the early interview dates get filled up before they release the next ones. When you get interviewed means nothing. It has no influence on whether or not you get an offer - and in the future none of your patients will ask you when you got interviewed.

You have not been rejected. There are still heaps of interviews left. You still have every chance of getting an interview.
Original post by CutieTootsie
no i got an email because they wanted some more information from me, so don't worry!

im so pleased you got an interview well done!
Original post by noctisff
Just received an email that my application is still under consideration, anyone else receive this?

Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I got the same email this morning. I'm reapplying this year. Takibg a gap year.
Original post by masterscientist2
Yeah, I got the same email this morning. I'm reapplying this year. Takibg a gap year.

I'm a gap year applicant too, maybe they are starting with us?

Im on gap year and haven't recieved anything yet, except the acknowledgement email few weeks ago...
So much confusion

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the same email too but I'm not a gap year applicant, so who knows lol
I think I got that "still considering" email 5 times last year before the final rejection in March. I think it means you have not got an interview yet but your name is still in the pot for the next batch of interviews. That "still considering" email tends to come out at the same time as others are getting interview slots.
Reply 252
Original post by BadLashes
I think I got that "still considering" email 5 times last year before the final rejection in March. I think it means you have not got an interview yet but your name is still in the pot for the next batch of interviews. That "still considering" email tends to come out at the same time as others are getting interview slots.

Interesting. So those who don't get it at each batch either are getting rejected or offered an interview then perhaps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was told last year they set a minimum mark. If you are below that you get a rejection. I know someone who is now in Oxford doing medicine and he was rejected by Bristol early November last year. Above that you are either flagged as interview/hold. The still considering email is for that category OR they have actually not scored your application yet. Last year when people rang up about the status of their application they were told it had not been marked yet. This got people cross as folk were already getting offers. Other Unis tend to wait until everyone had been interviewed. The Bristol thread was always the busy one as things seemed to be happening all the time.

So if you get that "still considering" email you application has either not been scored yet, put in the hold pile or put in the pile that will be offered an interview at a later date.
Original post by rayrk
Interesting. So those who don't get it at each batch either are getting rejected or offered an interview then perhaps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This would make sense. I havnt got the email (interview or further consideration) I think I've got rejected Though as I didn't think my personal statement was that great. Worried now :frown:
Original post by isabella1999
This would make sense. I havnt got the email (interview or further consideration) I think I've got rejected Though as I didn't think my personal statement was that great. Worried now :frown:

I didn't get it either. So nervous right now! I feel like I'm gunna get rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GradeAMerchant
I didn't get it either. So nervous right now! I feel like I'm gunna get rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so sad as it's my second choice :frown:(( I love bristol :frown:

We havnt got outright rejected yet so maybe it's wrong for us to make assumptions. I just hope not
Original post by isabella1999
I'm so sad as it's my second choice :frown:(( I love bristol :frown:

We havnt got outright rejected yet so maybe it's wrong for us to make assumptions. I just hope not

Yeah true, you shouldn't worry though I'm sure you will get an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, don't panic!

I know it's so easy to read into things (and I'm one of the worst for it) but it's not going to get us anywhere :smile:. Atm VERY FEW interviews have been given out - so still plenty more to come.

Unless you've been outright rejected, you're still in the running :biggrin:
Just got an interview 😀😀😀😀😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending