The Student Room Group

Make 1-100 from 2,0,1,6!

So I've been tasked to make the numbers 1 to 100 using only the numbers 2,0,1,6. My teacher isn't sure if we can do them all... anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks!
Reply 1
How many have you got so far?
Original post by mynameisjoe775
So I've been tasked to make the numbers 1 to 100 using only the numbers 2,0,1,6. My teacher isn't sure if we can do them all... anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks!

What are you allowed to do with the numbers?
Original post by quirky editor
What are you allowed to do with the numbers?

Anything. I've got loads of basic ones like 2x1x6+0 buts it's make numbers like 99,98,95... pretty much everything over 40
Anything. I've got loads of basic ones like 2x1x6+0 buts it's make numbers like 99,98,95... pretty much everything over 40

I'm pretty sure it's not possible.
Reply 5
Can you use powers? Like 2^6 for example?
Use powers! And factorials... all the good stuff:smile:
(6-2)! = 24... 0 is an interesting one (abs no pun intended!!!); you can turn it into 1 by using it as a power but otherwise not really sure how you could use it.
Hm... so can you use the decimal point and percentages? In case they might be useful...but prob mostly powers...
99= 2^6 + 6^2 -1 +0
(so says my brother :smile:)
Reply 8
You can basically
make 40 first by 6+2 and 6-1 times the two numbers together then
do 6-1 = 5 then divide the 5 by 2 to make 2.5 then times this by 40 to get 100 and then add the add 0 and times the remaining numbers by the zeros

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by OGGUS
You can basically
make 40 first by 6+2 and 6-1 times the two numbers together then
do 6-1 = 5 then divide the 5 by 2 to make 2.5 then times this by 40 to get 100 and then add the add 0 and times the remaining numbers by the zeros

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not clear what you're trying to show here but I'm pretty sure the teacher will have specified that numbers cannot be used more than once.

Otherwise you could do 1 + 1 + 1 + ... to make any number.

Or 0 x 2 x 6 + 1 + 1 + ... if you had to use all the numbers.
Reply 10
Original post by notnek
It's not clear what you're trying to show here but I'm pretty sure the teacher will have specified that numbers cannot be used more than once.

I thought you had to make 100
Original post by notnek

Yeh you can only use each number once which sucks
Yeh you can only use each number once which sucks

Have you got 2^6?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply