The Student Room Group

She brutally rejected me but keeps messaging me

I matched with a girl on Tinder (yeah i'm desperate) and we spoke for a while before agreeing to meet up. I was excited and left uni early ,on the day, she randomly cancelled on me saying that i don't care about her and not making enough effort so she won't turn up to see me. This has happened to me since i was about 15.

She then apologised saying it was unfair to take out her past on me so i asked to meet her again and she said she's not interested so i deleted her from facebook. 4 days later she messages me saying again she's sorry and that she has anger issues and some other crap which i didn't read. I don't know what her problem is but i have just about given up on finding love and i'm 25.

I have mild social anxiety so approaching girls in real life is not that easy and the few times i have done so i end up getting some lame excuse. I honestly wish i was born a woman cos everything comes so easy to them in terms of relationships. I have a lot of stress with my dissertation so i can't afford to be wasting my energy on vampires who will suck the life out of me.

I've become very depressed and withdrawn all of a sudden so i keep away from people. I also keep getting rejected from grad schemes which is disheartening. I haven't got the guts for suicide so i'm in this for the long run. What can i do to not lose my mind?
Reply 1
Original post by samantham999
LOL

And what is so funny?
Reply 2
Don't waste your time on people like her. Try and focus on yourself. Do things you enjoy and spend more time with your friends. If you're unhappy a relationship isn't going to fix the problem.
Original post by wifty
Don't waste your time on people like her. Try and focus on yourself. Do things you enjoy and spend more time with your friends. If you're unhappy a relationship isn't going to fix the problem.

u should go out with OP
Reply 4
Original post by NotGodofWorld
u should go out with OP

Thx Cupid
Original post by Anonymous
I matched with a girl on Tinder (yeah i'm desperate) and we spoke for a while before agreeing to meet up. I was excited and left uni early ,on the day, she randomly cancelled on me saying that i don't care about her and not making enough effort so she won't turn up to see me. This has happened to me since i was about 15.

She then apologised saying it was unfair to take out her past on me so i asked to meet her again and she said she's not interested so i deleted her from facebook. 4 days later she messages me saying again she's sorry and that she has anger issues and some other crap which i didn't read. I don't know what her problem is but i have just about given up on finding love and i'm 25.

I have mild social anxiety so approaching girls in real life is not that easy and the few times i have done so i end up getting some lame excuse. I honestly wish i was born a woman cos everything comes so easy to them in terms of relationships. I have a lot of stress with my dissertation so i can't afford to be wasting my energy on vampires who will suck the life out of me.

I've become very depressed and withdrawn all of a sudden so i keep away from people. I also keep getting rejected from grad schemes which is disheartening. I haven't got the guts for suicide so i'm in this for the long run. What can i do to not lose my mind?

I am in a similar situation as you so your not the only one (and nor am I which makes me feel better). I reckon me and you need advice on how to interact with women.

I also suffer from social anxiety which doesn't help.
For starters, stop replying to this girl. She's a time waster, she's stringing you along and you've never even met her so what's the loss to your life?

Concentrate on your friends, uni and being happy in yourself. I thought i was going to be single forever after a brutal breakup. I tried all the dating sites and met nothing but freaks. I was so depressed i went out and bought a cat so i'd have some company (crazy cat lady!). I stopped searching for love and reminded myself that i don't need a man to make me happy. Then one day i went out for work drinks, met this guy in the pub and moved in with him 5 months later.

The point is alot can change really fast. Surround yourself with good people and don't get desperate. Be happy being you and love will find you when it's the right time.
Reply 7
She seems like she is playing games with you and only messages you when you back off and when you show her attention she says she isnt interested. I feel there are alot of flakes on Tinder so wouldn't recommend it, try other dating sites like Plenty of fish etc or even better join a society or go out clubbing. Also like the other guy says dont go looking for love it will happen when the time is right just concentrate on yourself and your dissertation. If you are struggling with grad schemes go to your career department and get help with applications/cv's or job interviews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending