The Student Room Group

Manchester University A100 (2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by michaela__
Tell me about bio I hate making revision notes for it as they take so long, the closest thing I've found is the CGP books for bio

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you type or write your notes
Original post by DocPK
do you type or write your notes

I write them out as I don't learn from typed notes I know that sounds weird 😂 the effort from writing helps me remember it somehow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 282
I write them out as I don't learn from typed notes I know that sounds weird 😂 the effort from writing helps me remember it somehow

Posted from TSR Mobile

dw i understand, my friends the same! she will write them out then keep on repeating them out loud, very annoying when you try and revise with her haha
Reply 284
Hey you lot,

Now the UCAS form and Non Academic Info form has been submitted for you all, good luck!

It's all a waiting game now! Be patient and stay positive :smile:

I got my interview invite at the start of December so relax! Or don't if you're still doing a-levels - work hard! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JayAhm
Hey you lot,

Now the UCAS form and Non Academic Info form has been submitted for you all, good luck!

It's all a waiting game now! Be patient and stay positive :smile:

I got my interview invite at the start of December so relax! Or don't if you're still doing a-levels - work hard! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thank you that's really lovely!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What does everyone think the cut off might be this year? 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
What does everyone think the cut off might be this year? 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

On open day they said different cut off's for different applicant cohorts depending on achieved A levels, predicted, international, graduate ect
Original post by SarahCroydon
On open day they said different cut off's for different applicant cohorts depending on achieved A levels, predicted, international, graduate ect

I was under the impression it was normal then WP+ flag cut offs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 289

Posted from TSR Mobile

'WP + flag cut offs' ???
Original post by DocPK
'WP + flag cut offs' ???

So there's the normal cut off for 'normal' applicants, if you're WP flag you're part of the normal cut off like me, if you're WP+ flag then you get a lower cut off. It stands for widening participation and on their website it has some more details about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Them too however the non WP flag cut off is also in cohort bands
They said their scoring is quite complex based on competing with applicants with simular backgrounds
Them too however the non WP flag cut off is also in cohort bands
They said their scoring is quite complex based on competing with applicants with simular backgrounds

I went to their open day and they didn't say any of that there but I'll take anything I can get 😉 I just want Manchester to invite me so bad 😂 I'll be devastated if I just miss the cut off

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to their open day and they didn't say any of that there but I'll take anything I can get 😉 I just want Manchester to invite me so bad 😂 I'll be devastated if I just miss the cut off

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will miss out before you as your score is better than mine
I will miss out before you as your score is better than mine

My score is one big hoax tbf😂 it's my QR score that drags me up😂 last year was 665 so I'm just worried 😬 I loved Manchester too much to just not risk it though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 295
So there's the normal cut off for 'normal' applicants, if you're WP flag you're part of the normal cut off like me, if you're WP+ flag then you get a lower cut off. It stands for widening participation and on their website it has some more details about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I didn't know about that. I'm a WP flag too 😂 Surprised my old school doesn't get me a + flag tbh
Original post by DocPK
Ahh I didn't know about that. I'm a WP flag too 😂 Surprised my old school doesn't get me a + flag tbh

Same here my old school gets low GCSEs but for some reason it's somehow scraping by for Manchester to not give me WP+ flag 😂 ffs😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
My score is one big hoax tbf😂 it's my QR score that drags me up😂 last year was 665 so I'm just worried 😬 I loved Manchester too much to just not risk it though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have WP flags?
Do you have WP flags?

WP not WP+

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 299
Same here my old school gets low GCSEs but for some reason it's somehow scraping by for Manchester to not give me WP+ flag 😂 ffs😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes ikr, so annoying! hopefully our UKCAT and form will be enough. I really hope I get in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending