The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ox2018
Technical question, was asked this recently: "Why would you expect deals to be more frequently financed with debt rather than equity"?

So essentially pros and cons of debt vs equity financing. thoughts?

Reasons that come to my mind right now:

Pros:
super-low interest rates, even negative-yield bonds by some corporates (ex. Sanofi)
easy to raise debt financing now, better terms, opportunity to take higher leverage
makes most deal EPS accretive
you don't get diluted and don't share upside from the deal

Cons:
higher bankruptcy risk
credit profile gets poor, potentially downgraded
higher financial leverage causing additional fixed costs
Does anyone have any insights on IBD summer HSBC AC? I can trade DB, Citi, Jefferies, Gleacher, Blackstone
How long after BAML telephone interview for response on AC?
Same question for Citi also - if anyone has experience from this year?

checking my email every 5m ☺️☺️
Reply 5143
How do you go about leveraging an offer? Contact HR and say it straight? I don't want to sound pushy

Thanks in advance
Reply 5144
Any advice for HSBC first round global markets?
Original post by blackboard
How long after BAML telephone interview for response on AC?
Same question for Citi also - if anyone has experience from this year?

checking my email every 5m ☺️☺️

hey, i did the BAML interview two weeks back, and was told that i would hear back at the latest by last week; till date, i have not heard back from there. you reckon that we should email them or something?

when was yours btw?
Original post by miyavvii
hey, i did the BAML interview two weeks back, and was told that i would hear back at the latest by last week; till date, i have not heard back from there. you reckon that we should email them or something?

when was yours btw?

Two weeks ago also
RBC S&T AC, anyone done one before?
Anyone have any info on Goldman Sachs Video interview? Can trade for Barclays (both Video&Phone), Gleacher Shacklock and RBC.
Thanks!
Original post by brian_sp12
interested in anyone who has done DB or BNP markets final round. I can trade with first or finale round of HSBC, Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley, Nomura, Citi.

Hi! How was MS final round? AC? Technical questions?
Original post by Bdoskail
RBC S&T AC, anyone done one before?

Hi, when did you find out about your RBC ac.
I have passed the telephone but not received anything since "you are now under consideration for an final round AC"
Original post by ucheofili
Hi, when did you find out about your RBC ac.
I have passed the telephone but not received anything since "you are now under consideration for an final round AC"

Found out today
Original post by miyavvii

when was yours btw?

Hey what division was this for? Also SA or FT?
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone done RBC Markets AC ? If so, msg me
Original post by JackRTBlake
Anyone done RBC Markets AC ? If so, msg me

when did you have your telephone?
Does anyone know if RBC AC retests the numerical test,
Original post by dave788
Does anyone know if RBC AC retests the numerical test,

Original post by ucheofili

2 weeks ago
Does anyone have any idea on how long MS take to respond after 1st round telephone interview? Also, whether the next stage would be another interview or straight to AC?
Original post by olly_price
Does anyone have any idea on how long MS take to respond after 1st round telephone interview? Also, whether the next stage would be another interview or straight to AC?

Next stage is another interview. Morgan Stanley love their interviews. I had four interviews last year and then didn't get progressed to AC.

Varies depending on how long your interviewer takes to give feedback, whether you're being placed on hold or not, whether they can find another banker to interview you and when they're free etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending