The Student Room Group

I gave up the love of my life for my friend

So basically myself and my very good friend like the same girl. As soon as I found this out I backed off and helped my friend get her. I am feeling quite bad that I will never get her but happy for my friend at the same time. Did I do the right thing?

Scroll to see replies

if your friend is a true friend he will leave the girl
Original post by Anonymous
So basically myself and my very good friend like the same girl. As soon as I found this out I backed off and helped my friend get her. I am feeling quite bad that I will never get her but happy for my friend at the same time. Did I do the right thing?

You did and you didn't. You done good by helping your friend and you backed off. You done bad to give up someone you love.
Original post by Angry Bird

That's true. :smile:
Reply 4

Original post by Transitory
That's true. :smile:

You're both assuming that he knows. And not necessarily - if that logic were applied no one would be able to date her and no one would benefit at all. What's the purpose in this?
Does your friend know how you feel about her? Does the girl know?

You've demonstrated extreme loyalty and valour, so that's commendable. But have they...?

As the above poster said, by this logic then the OP would also have to give her up if he were a true friend..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by _Fergo
You're both assuming that he knows. And not necessarily - if that logic were applied no one would be able to date her and no one would benefit at all. What's the purpose in this?

Then he would lose his friend though.
Reply 8
Original post by Transitory
Then he would lose his friend though.

Why? The OP says he's happy for his friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a way, its up to who the girl likes the most as you can't decide who she wants to be with

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Fergo

Original post by donutellme
Does your friend know how you feel about her? Does the girl know?

You've demonstrated extreme loyalty and valour, so that's commendable. But have they...?

Yes,my friend does know that I like her
Original post by _Fergo
Why? The OP says he's happy for his friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, wrote the wrong thing.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
As the above poster said, by this logic then the OP would also have to stay give her up if he were a true friend..

he should leave her and they both should forget about her
The idea of backing off from a girl for a friend is something I've always found ridiculous. Dating doesn't work on a first come first served basis, she might not have even liked your friend. Hell she might not have liked either of you.

It's not something I'd ever do purely for the lack of sense in it.
Reply 14

'The love of my life' geez you weren't even dating her.
Well if she truly was the 'love of your life', then you wouldn't hve given her up so easily.

Yes, i mean you did do a right thing in a way as, u sacrified the person u love for ur friend, which is very good, but does she love ur friend?

If u dont mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
Yes, i mean you did do a right thing in a way as, u sacrified the person u love for ur friend, which is very good, but does she love ur friend?

If u dont mind me asking? :smile:

Well, since they are dating now, I'd guess so.
Original post by Ciel.
'The love of my life' geez you weren't even dating her.

Well what I meant was the girl I like/have crush on
Original post by Retired_Messiah
The idea of backing off from a girl for a friend is something I've always found ridiculous. Dating doesn't work on a first come first served basis, she might not have even liked your friend. Hell she might not have liked either of you.

It's not something I'd ever do purely for the lack of sense in it.

Original post by Funnycatvideos
Well if she truly was the 'love of your life', then you wouldn't hve given her up so easily.

So basically I messed up. Well I guess I am gonna need some alcohol for a while

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending