The Student Room Group

KPMG audit programme 2017 discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by ZRSFizzyBongs
Well done! I hope it goes well for you :smile: I'm sitting my verbal tomorrow and my numerical Sunday so hopefully I'll be offered an interview after that.

Do you know what sort of percentile is a good place to be at for the verbal? Or just % correct in general?
unfortunately im not told my percentile but my approach was quantity focused which may of made me lose accuracy but I still got through😄 I'd advise don't stay on a question too long and go with gut instinct. Doing some practise tests beforehand should help as well😄
Reply 161
Original post by DarkEnergy
Congratulations & good luck mate, hope you get on the scheme!
thanks mate and you, the tests don't stop there unfortunately😅 The next stage has a written exercise that is notoriously hard😄
Original post by dom117117
Hey everyone, just been told I'll be getting a first interveiw😄 Anyone got a date set yet?????

Well done, about to sit my numerical reasoning so hopefully I will too after that!
Reply 163
Original post by swilliams1
Well done, about to sit my numerical reasoning so hopefully I will too after that!
good luck mate😄 its hard beware😄
good luck mate😄 its hard beware😄

Haha, you were not wrong that was very difficult! Surely, the passmark cant be very high
Reply 165
Haha, you were not wrong that was very difficult! Surely, the passmark cant be very high
I was only confident I got a few right so must be low😄 How many Qs did u answer?
I was only confident I got a few right so must be low😄 How many Qs did u answer?

I answered them all, but the last 5 or 6 were complete guesses! Wasn't sure whether leave the ones I didn't have time for or not,decided against it and just lucky guessed haha
Reply 167
I answered them all, but the last 5 or 6 were complete guesses! Wasn't sure whether leave the ones I didn't have time for or not,decided against it and just lucky guessed haha
as long as you got a few right you'll be fine😄 from the sounds of it you did very well👍
as long as you got a few right you'll be fine😄 from the sounds of it you did very well👍

I hope so! Do you know how many more rounds there are after these tests?
Reply 169
I hope so! Do you know how many more rounds there are after these tests?
first interveiw with a written test (great more tests) then a final interveiw with a partner😄
first interveiw with a written test (great more tests) then a final interveiw with a partner😄

Haha so the reward for passing the tests is another test, great
For academic reference is a personal statement used for UCAS and geared towards law acceptable or would it have to be about general skills etc
Original post by Embow124
For academic reference is a personal statement used for UCAS and geared towards law acceptable or would it have to be about general skills etc

I just used my UCAS reference which was mainly about Physics.
Original post by Embow124

I would say it's best for a teacher to write one because then it will be evidence from another that you're on track for your grades and another person's perspective on your character
Reply 174
Original post by helena1999
I would say it's best for a teacher to write one because then it will be evidence from another that you're on track for your grades and another person's perspective on your character
I agree I don't think your allowed to write your own reference😀
Absolutely ****ed the numerical test. Got about 14 questions done then just started guessing as I was about to run out of time. Only confident on about 10 of those 14 too... so well below 50%. I found the verbal pretty easy but this just caught me by surprise. Should receive my rejection email within 48 hours :u:

It really pisses me off because none of the questions really stumped me, just took ages.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 176
Absolutely ****ed the numerical test. Got about 14 questions done then just started guessing as I was about to run out of time. Only confident on about 10 of those 14 too... so well below 50%. I found the verbal pretty easy but this just caught me by surprise. Should receive my rejection email within 48 hours :u:

It really pisses me off because none of the questions really stumped me, just took ages.
I doubt it mate the pass marks low, having 10 right answers is great😄
I doubt it mate the pass marks low, having 10 right answers is great😄

Cheers but really? That's like 40%, I know the test is designed for graduates but still.

Anyways how quickly after doing your last test did you get invited for interview?
Reply 178
Cheers but really? That's like 40%, I know the test is designed for graduates but still.

Anyways how quickly after doing your last test did you get invited for interview?

Did mine on a Friday heard the Monday. The test removes 30% of candidates so 70% get through😀
Did mine on a Friday heard the Monday. The test removes 30% of candidates so 70% get through😀

Alright, thanks. Did you find out early on the Monday?

Also do you get your scores back?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending