The Student Room Group

Dentistry applicants 2017

Hi, I have recently submitted my application for dentistry to:
KCL
QML
Cardiff
Manchester

I have been rejected by Manchester already due to not meeting the GCSE requirement, however others have not got back to me yet. I am really worried that with my stats bellow if ill get a place from any dental schools. so if youre someone whos also applied for dentistry 2017 then drop your stats bellow and tell us about your application progress.

GCSE: 4A 1A* 3B and 3C
AS : AAB
UKCAT: 633
PREDICTED: A*AA
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Cardiff are gcse heavy as well so dont be surprised if you are rejected by them. Think it's about 5 a*s that they require. If you don't get in this year though next year you will hopefully have good A level grades and be able to improve your UKCAT score. Having said all that if you have a good personal statement it could yet secure you an interview so dont give up all hope!
Reply 3
Original post by samahmad
Hi, I have recently submitted my application for dentistry to:
KCL
QML
Cardiff
Manchester

I have been rejected by Manchester already due to not meeting the GCSE requirement, however others have not got back to me yet. I am really worried that with my stats bellow if ill get a place from any dental schools. so if youre someone whos also applied for dentistry 2017 then drop your stats bellow and tell us about your application progress.

GCSE: 4A 1A* 3B and 3C
AS : AAB
UKCAT: 633
PREDICTED: A*AA

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3049625
Check out this thread, that's where most of us are chatting :smile:
Reply 4
At GCSE: 4A* 2A and 5B
At AS/predicted grades: A* A* A
My UKCAT was quite low, averaging at 625 and band 2 on situational judgement

I'm applying to KCL, Liverpool, Bristol and Cardiff.
I haven't received anything yet. How about yourself?
I'm worried I'm not good enough 😞
Reply 5
Original post by Momiba13
At GCSE: 4A* 2A and 5B
At AS/predicted grades: A* A* A
My UKCAT was quite low, averaging at 625 and band 2 on situational judgement

I'm applying to KCL, Liverpool, Bristol and Cardiff.
I haven't received anything yet. How about yourself?
I'm worried I'm not good enough 😞

I think the only university that has replied to dental applicants is Manchester so i wouldn't worry about it. Don't discredit yourself because you are a good candidate (great predicted grades) so I'm sure you'll get offers!!
Your stats seem pretty good, if i was you i wouldn't worry and just try to stay positive
Reply 7
Original post by Aaron Bernbaum
Your stats seem pretty good, if i was you i wouldn't worry and just try to stay positive

Thank you !! I was just a little worried about my UKCAT score. It wasn't as great as I had expected :/ but thanks for the support!!
Reply 8
Original post by Chisom99
I think the only university that has replied to dental applicants is Manchester so i wouldn't worry about it. Don't discredit yourself because you are a good candidate (great predicted grades) so I'm sure you'll get offers!!

That's a relief!!
I wish I applied to Manchester :frown:
Where did everyone else apply?
Reply 9
Sheffield
Birmingham
Queen Mary's
Liverpool
I haven't heard anything :/
Reply 10
How exciting ! All great unis :smile:
All the best of luck to you btw :smile: and to everyone else applying for dentistry
Hi! Does anyone know when Manchester interviews international BDS Applicants?
I'm an international applicant applying to:
- King's College London
- Bristol
- Glasgow
- Manchester
Sent my UCAS app on the 12th of Oct and heard back from all schools except Manchester with confirmation emails
GCSEs: 9A*s 4As
AS level: AACC (Chemistry, Spanish, Biology and History respectively)
A level predictions: AAAA (Chemistry, Biology, Spanish and EPQ)
UKCAT: 613 and band 2 SJT
Applied to: Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff and Bristol.
I haven't heard anything back from any uni yet. I feel like my UKCAT will be what ruins my chances :/
Original post by kp0pfan21
GCSEs: 9A*s 4As
AS level: AACC (Chemistry, Spanish, Biology and History respectively)
A level predictions: AAAA (Chemistry, Biology, Spanish and EPQ)
UKCAT: 613 and band 2 SJT
Applied to: Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff and Bristol.
I haven't heard anything back from any uni yet. I feel like my UKCAT will be what ruins my chances :/

I wouldn't worry too much as your GCSES are very strong. Just make sure you prepare well for interview as that's the biggest decider when you get an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest