The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax professional programme 2016 Manchester

Was given a provisional offer mid August but checks still not finished and no start date? Anyone else in that position? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Savlarr
Was given a provisional offer mid August but checks still not finished and no start date? Anyone else in that position? Thanks

Me! Finally someone else from the same location in the same position! I've sent some 'angry' emails out today to various addresses, hopefully get a response other than the generic one.
Reply 2
Original post by keeleyvic
Me! Finally someone else from the same location in the same position! I've sent some 'angry' emails out today to various addresses, hopefully get a response other than the generic one.

Thanks for your quick reply, my parents have been slowly dying of stress over the last few weeks! Just checking are you on the CRS/1667/16 HMRC Band O Tax Professional Programme 2016. Let me know what they say!
Original post by Savlarr
Thanks for your quick reply, my parents have been slowly dying of stress over the last few weeks! Just checking are you on the CRS/1667/16 HMRC Band O Tax Professional Programme 2016. Let me know what they say!

Mine too! Still in the job I was in whilst at uni so not even really part time! They're getting stressed at me for not in full time work.
Yeah I'm on the same one, O role off the back of TPS. Did you get the email to send off your DBS on 21st september?
Reply 4
Mine too! Still in the job I was in whilst at uni so not even really part time! They're getting stressed at me for not in full time work.
Yeah I'm on the same one, O role off the back of TPS. Did you get the email to send off your DBS on 21st september?

Yeah I did, Ive sent off the DBS and that health questionnaire. Also have your references been asked to send anything in yet?
Original post by Savlarr
Yeah I did, Ive sent off the DBS and that health questionnaire. Also have your references been asked to send anything in yet?

Nope my references haven't heard anything either. The last contact I had with hmrc was confirmation from that address they received my health questionnaire
Reply 6
yeah you are in exactly the same situation as me. Its good to know someone else! Let me know if the situation changes for you and vice versa.
Original post by Savlarr
yeah you are in exactly the same situation as me. Its good to know someone else! Let me know if the situation changes for you and vice versa.

Will do! I'll let you know if i hear anything from any of my emails aswell haha. Glad someone else from the same location is experiencing the same thing! Had all thoughts that they'd forgotten about me
Good Morning, We are currently awaiting a response from the vacancy holder as we require further ID for yourself. We cannot accept ID straight from a candidate so we notified the vacancy holder of what ID documentation we needed. They should be in contact with you. Kind Regards,Just got that response so not filling me with much hope really considering all documents they asked for they received and they haven't even put in an application for my DBS yet. If I was in a position now where I had received another job offer from else where I would be withdrawing this application. Doesn't fill me with much hope on how it's ran on the inside.
Reply 9
Good Morning, We are currently awaiting a response from the vacancy holder as we require further ID for yourself. We cannot accept ID straight from a candidate so we notified the vacancy holder of what ID documentation we needed. They should be in contact with you. Kind Regards,Just got that response so not filling me with much hope really considering all documents they asked for they received and they haven't even put in an application for my DBS yet. If I was in a position now where I had received another job offer from else where I would be withdrawing this application. Doesn't fill me with much hope on how it's ran on the inside.

Sorry been away for the weekend and just got your reply- it's exactly what I got too and I know that I sent them more than they needed and it was all perfect. Not sure if they're doing DBS checks for a whole group of us- did you see the list of email addresses on the email we got asking us to bring in the documents to the office in Manchester? Am going to email that person today as well as through the portal- let me know how you get on!!
Original post by Savlarr
Sorry been away for the weekend and just got your reply- it's exactly what I got too and I know that I sent them more than they needed and it was all perfect. Not sure if they're doing DBS checks for a whole group of us- did you see the list of email addresses on the email we got asking us to bring in the documents to the office in Manchester? Am going to email that person today as well as through the portal- let me know how you get on!!

Got a reply off e & c recruitment email address saying they can't provide individual updates but it could be a number of weeks before progression to the next stage. I doubt we will have a start date this side of Christmas.
Yeah I've tried emailing them but had no reply

I'm 80% sure I'm withdrawing my application. The only thing stopping me is not having another job lined up
(edited 7 years ago)
Manchester should have contacted us on 26/09 for missing documents but never did...Just trying to get in touch with someone from manchester now. If you have any luck let me know
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Manchester should have contacted us on 26/09 for missing documents but never did...Just trying to get in touch with someone from manchester now. If you have any luck let me know

Ive just been called by somebody at the Manchester office to organise a time to bring additional documentation. Hopefully theyll do the same for you if they haven't already!
Original post by Savlarr
Ive just been called by somebody at the Manchester office to organise a time to bring additional documentation. Hopefully theyll do the same for you if they haven't already!

Nope not had anything :frown:
Could you send me the number they rang You on please?
Reply 14
Nope not had anything :frown:
Could you send me the number they rang You on please?

sure its 03000 553229
Original post by Savlarr
sure its 03000 553229

Thanks! Someone who's just been recruited is in the office now sending me updates of what's happening haha. I'm giving it til Monday for a call then I'll ring them or blag my way into the office haha
Reply 16
Thanks! Someone who's just been recruited is in the office now sending me updates of what's happening haha. I'm giving it til Monday for a call then I'll ring them or blag my way into the office haha

If you could let me know what they're saying it would be great. Do you want me to mention you on Monday- if so give me your details.
Original post by Savlarr
If you could let me know what they're saying it would be great. Do you want me to mention you on Monday- if so give me your details.

Please do! My names Keeley McCarthy. They're just saying that they're asking people to come in in the week with there documents
Reply 18
Please do! My names Keeley McCarthy. They're just saying that they're asking people to come in in the week with there documents

Sounds like there's been a mess up and all our documents that we took in earlier have been mislaid or something- good job they didn't get the originals then. Will mention your name and try and find out what's going on.
Original post by Savlarr
Sounds like there's been a mess up and all our documents that we took in earlier have been mislaid or something- good job they didn't get the originals then. Will mention your name and try and find out what's going on.

The whole thing has just been a shambles. I'm gonna go down Tuesday if I've not heard anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending