The Student Room Group

Chemistry Applicants 2017

Hi,
I haven't seen a thread on this topic for 2017. Post your predicted grades, universities you have applied to/thinking of, any offers received, GCSE/AS grades and favourite chemistry topics.
GCSE grades: 4A* 7A
UCAS predicted grades: Biology OCR (A), Chemistry OCR (A), Psychology Edexcel (A)
Prospective universities: UCL, Kings college London, Queen Mary university London, Kingston
Favourite chemistry topic: Organic chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Hi,I was looking for a thread like this :smile:
My predicted grades are :
Biology (aqa) A
Chemistry (ocr) A
ICT (aqa) A
Universities I am going to apply for: York, Southampton, Kent, Surrey, East Anglia

I haven't had any offers yet because I need my referee to send my UCAS back to me because I forgot to include that I am going to retake an ICT unit this summer.Otherwise I have completed my personal statement and stuff.

GCSE Grades:7 A, 2 C

Favourite chemistry topic: Organics, and I like the maths we do in Chemistry
(edited 7 years ago)
I currently go to QM studying Chemistry!
Although it's not a top 10 university in terms of chemistry, the lecturers are really good and I'm enjoying the degree and previous students have gone far e.g. Working in Gsk, PhD at Oxford, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi
My predicted AAB
I applied to: King's College, QMUL, Kingston, Brunel
Only applied to one chemistry course at QMUL, other 4 courses are for biochemistry. Got offers for chem and biochem at QMUL so far.
Still not sure if I want to do chem or biochem :P
Original post by Lucas_Wojtysiak
Hi
My predicted AAB
I applied to: King's College, QMUL, Kingston, Brunel
Only applied to one chemistry course at QMUL, other 4 courses are for biochemistry. Got offers for chem and biochem at QMUL so far.
Still not sure if I want to do chem or biochem :P

Biochem contains a LOT more biology than chemistry

Pharmaceutical chemistry contains one module of biology and the rest is all chemistry

Chemistry is full on straight chem! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hi! I tried to start a thread like this a while ago but I guess it didn't work..

GCSE grades: 9A* 2A
UCAS predicted grades: A*A*A* (Chemistry AQA, Biology OCR, Maths Edexcel)
Prospective universities: Imperial, Birmingham, UCL, Nottingham and Oxford (although i haven't been preparing for the TSA well so probably no chance there, haha)
Favourite chemistry topic: Organic chemistry!

So far have interview invitations from Imperial and Birmingham.. Would really love an offer soon o.o i sent of my application on the 13th of October
Original post by Bloom77
I currently go to QM studying Chemistry!
Although it's not a top 10 university in terms of chemistry, the lecturers are really good and I'm enjoying the degree and previous students have gone far e.g. Working in Gsk, PhD at Oxford, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi,
. How maths heavy is the chemistry degree at QM?
Reply 7
GCSE grades: 11 A*
UCAS predicted grades: 45 (International Baccalaureate)
Prospective universities: Oxford, Bristol, Bath, Birmingham and Cardiff
Favourite chemistry topic: Probably organic mechanisms although we're about to start medicinal chemistry which looks pretty gd

Sent my application on the 13th and so far I have offers from Bristol, Bath and Cardiff & an invitation to an interview/applicant day thing at Birmingham.
Original post by DisturbedCustard
hi,
. How maths heavy is the chemistry degree at QM?

Quite maths heavy - two/three of you're modules out of 6 are maths based.

If you didn't do maths at AS at least, I think the course will be much harder for people without maths A-level, however it is still doable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Ew organic.

If anyone wants to know what a chem degree is like, let me know.
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any offers, have you been to an interview or are you invited to one?

I have an interview at York and I have offers from Surrey, Kent and UEA. My interview on the 24th of november and I am kinda of scared and excited at the same time.

Btw how are people finding their chemistry degree? Is it what you though it would be like?
Reply 11
Original post by fanannabananna
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any offers, have you been to an interview or are you invited to one?

I have an interview at York and I have offers from Surrey, Kent and UEA. My interview on the 24th of november and I am kinda of scared and excited at the same time.

Btw how are people finding their chemistry degree? Is it what you though it would be like?

I got an offer from Nottingham, and interview invitations from Birmingham and Imperial. Congrats on the offers!!!

And I've heard a lot about York! My friend who applied there also has an interview at York soon and said that it's informal and you'll probably get the offer as long as you attend the interview, so I don't think you need to worry all that much!
Original post by haes
I got an offer from Nottingham, and interview invitations from Birmingham and Imperial. Congrats on the offers!!!

And I've heard a lot about York! My friend who applied there also has an interview at York soon and said that it's informal and you'll probably get the offer as long as you attend the interview, so I don't think you need to worry all that much!

Congratulations to you too for your interviews and offers :smile:

Where else have you applied?
Reply 13
Original post by fanannabananna
Congratulations to you too for your interviews and offers :smile:

Where else have you applied?

UCL and Oxford, though I doubt I'll be hearing soon from UCL and probably going to be rejected by oxford after that TSA ;_;
Original post by haes
UCL and Oxford, though I doubt I'll be hearing soon from UCL and probably going to be rejected by oxford after that TSA ;_;

No don't think like that. I know being accepted from Oxford is hard but try and stay positive :smile: good things come to those who wait
Reply 15
anyone heard from Birmingham, UCL Manchester or warwick?????
Reply 16
Original post by ninja55
anyone heard from Birmingham, UCL Manchester or warwick?????

I was invited to an applicant day at Birmingham for an 'informal interview', going on wednesday!
Reply 17
Original post by mfleur
I was invited to an applicant day at Birmingham for an 'informal interview', going on wednesday!

oo nice, when did you send off your application
Reply 18
Really happy to find a post like this!

GCSE grades: 6A* 7A
UCAS predicted grades: Chemistry OCR (A*), Mathematics OCR (A), Physics AQA (A)
Prospective universities: St. Andrews, Southampton, Manchester, Liverpool, Reading
Favourite chemistry topic: Ligand Design

Only just sent off my UCAS so no offers yet
Hi guyss :smile:
GCSE grades: 10A*
UCAS predicted grades: Maths AQA (A*), Chemistry AQA (A*), Physics AQA (A), Further Maths AQA (A)
Prospective universities: Oxford, Imperial, Durham, UCL and York
Favourite chemistry topic: idk really know tbh :smile: I like it all!

Sent off my UCAS just before the 15th October & I've managed to get interviews at York & Imperial so far

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending