The Student Room Group

manchester university interview for pharmacy

hi,
I have been called for an interview at Manchester university for pharmacy and really needed some help with how the interview will go for example what kind of questions will be on the calculations test and common questions asked in the interview
if anyone has been through this experience then please could you help me as I do not know where to start.
thank you
Reply 1
Original post by pinkpeach1122
hi,
I have been called for an interview at Manchester university for pharmacy and really needed some help with how the interview will go for example what kind of questions will be on the calculations test and common questions asked in the interview
if anyone has been through this experience then please could you help me as I do not know where to start.
thank you

Hey, I've got called for the same interview. Looking at past forums nobody has discussed anything about a calculations assessment:frown: so I'm wondering if it's a new thing or??
Hi, I know somebody a few years above me studying MPharm at Manchester now and I'm going to ask her about her interview and I'll let you know what she said, I've got an interview there on the 9th
Reply 3
Original post by Llaughland
Hi, I know somebody a few years above me studying MPharm at Manchester now and I'm going to ask her about her interview and I'll let you know what she said, I've got an interview there on the 9th

Ohright, good luck on your interview! & thankyou please do let me know, wanting to ace this interview as this is my first choice:frown:.
Original post by S_arshad
Ohright, good luck on your interview! & thankyou please do let me know, wanting to ace this interview as this is my first choice:frown:.

My friend told me that the admissions test was basic maths and conversions from mg to g etc and that the interviewers she has were nice (one staff member and a student) and asked questions like why do you want to do pharmacy and what's your biggest achievement from what she remembers. Hope that's helped to calm some nerves and good luck to everyone! ☺️
Reply 5
My friend told me that the admissions test was basic maths and conversions from mg to g etc and that the interviewers she has were nice (one staff member and a student) and asked questions like why do you want to do pharmacy and what's your biggest achievement from what she remembers. Hope that's helped to calm some nerves and good luck to everyone! ☺️

Thankyou so much! Reading this has actually made me feel more calm and positive towards my interview!:h:
Reply 6
Hi I know this might sound rude but please may I ask what your predicted grades were?
Because I've sent my UCAS off and ive applied for manchester for pharmacy as well so I was wondering if they would interview me (mine were A*AA)

Original post by pinkpeach1122
hi,
thank you
Reply 7
Original post by haykim
Hi I know this might sound rude but please may I ask what your predicted grades were?
Because I've sent my UCAS off and ive applied for manchester for pharmacy as well so I was wondering if they would interview me (mine were A*AA)

I achieved grades A*BB (I'm on a gap year) and I have my interview on the 9th so you should definitely get an interview. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by K_Pharm
I achieved grades A*BB (I'm on a gap year) and I have my interview on the 9th so you should definitely get an interview. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow!! Best of luck! My UCAS hasn't been sent off yet but hopefully i'll get at least an interview

Hey, I was wondering if you got any information on what the interview process was like from your friend?
Original post by K_Pharm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, what was the interview like and what questions were asked?
Original post by AminahSaeed
Hey, I was wondering if you got any information on what the interview process was like from your friend?

I mentioned what she said a few posts earlier, I've had an interview at Manchester since and it was fine, just make sure you know why you want to go to Manchester and make sure to know the basic stuff about Pharmacy and know a few tablets and how they work. Don't worry about the calculations test either as long as you can multiply and divide you'll do well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending