The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cal 1
I thought being a PARTNERS candidate only gave you a lower A-level cutoff? They say on their website's PARTNERS video that the same UKCAT cutoffs apply:

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/schools/partners/

I'm assuming they must've changed this if they've emailed you? Is there anyone who can confirm they got a lower UKCAT cutoff? :smile:

I'm curious as I'm a PARTNERS applicant too!

I emailed and they gave me a table of cut offs for normal and partners applicants.
Reply 281
Original post by chrisdale98
I emailed and they gave me a table of cut offs for normal and partners applicants.

Ahh that's good news then. What UKCAT did you get?
Reply 282
Really hoping they send out interviews soon 🙏🏼
Original post by Cal 1
Ahh that's good news then. What UKCAT did you get?

1980 :/ AR let me down in real thing. Based on past cut offs unless it rockets to 720 i should be safe :smile:
Original post by JAL591
Really hoping they send out interviews soon 🙏🏼

They started sending them on like the 10th/11th November last year so fingers crossed next week 😬😬😬
I've had the email about needing further information on studying that I've done within the past 3 years. Has everyone got this email? I'm assuming it's sent to everyone and it doesn't necessarily mean I've passed the ukcat cut off?
Original post by Joanne86
I've had the email about needing further information on studying that I've done within the past 3 years. Has everyone got this email? I'm assuming it's sent to everyone and it doesn't necessarily mean I've passed the ukcat cut off?

I haven't received this email. Probably because I'm applying with predicted grades.

Original post by Gogregg
I haven't received this email. Probably because I'm applying with predicted grades.

I have attained my grades already and I haven't received any email. Joanne86, have you been in education within the last 3 years?

haven't had that email, but have been sent an email saying I need to fill in a fees questionnaire to determine if im a home paying student, probably because my birthplace is not in UK even though im a British citizen.
Original post by Gap yaaah
haven't had that email, but have been sent an email saying I need to fill in a fees questionnaire to determine if im a home paying student, probably because my birthplace is not in UK even though im a British citizen.

Same but I was born in U.K. But lived abroad for many years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 290

Hi, kinda been spying on this thread for a while. I'm a biomed graduate doing an MSc atm but I haven't applied to GEM at Newcastle. I haven't received this e-mail but then again I haven't been very hopeful about Newcastle because of my low UKCAT :frown:
Original post by arrow95
Hi, kinda been spying on this thread for a while. I'm a biomed graduate doing an MSc atm but I haven't applied to GEM at Newcastle. I haven't received this e-mail but then again I haven't been very hopeful about Newcastle because of my low UKCAT :frown:

what was your ukcat?
Reply 292
Original post by Lostperson
what was your ukcat?

670 band 1. My QR and AR were pretty low but got a high VR which dragged it up.
Original post by arrow95
670 band 1. My QR and AR were pretty low but got a high VR which dragged it up.

ah i see!!...
how did you get a high VR.
that section dragged my score down big time!
Original post by arrow95

Did you apply as a private candidate or through your uni? If it's as a private I guess it's just to verify you've actually been at uni rather than just bumming about after A levels....I'm a grad too (last year of BSc now) and haven't received that email but as I applied through my uni, that uni actually being Newcastle, maybe it's more clear I'm still at uni so have studied?
Reply 295
ah i see!!...
how did you get a high VR.
that section dragged my score down big time!

I got 790, always been more of a reader haha! Most people I know did worst on VR.
Reply 296
Original post by greenfeather
Did you apply as a private candidate or through your uni? If it's as a private I guess it's just to verify you've actually been at uni rather than just bumming about after A levels....I'm a grad too (last year of BSc now) and haven't received that email but as I applied through my uni, that uni actually being Newcastle, maybe it's more clear I'm still at uni so have studied?

I've applied independently, I'm in Newcastle currently for my MSc though, did my BSc elsewhere! Maybe that explains it? I'm so worried now! I'm a British citizen but my permanent home isn't in the UK and I wasn't born here so I'm extra worried they haven't even asked me anything finance wise.
Original post by arrow95
I've applied independently, I'm in Newcastle currently for my MSc though, did my BSc elsewhere! Maybe that explains it? I'm so worried now! I'm a British citizen but my permanent home isn't in the UK and I wasn't born here so I'm extra worried they haven't even asked me anything finance wise.

i haven't either... i do not think its anything to worry about :smile:
they simply score u by UKCAT, and minimum academic requirements.
Reply 298
i haven't either... i do not think its anything to worry about :smile:
they simply score u by UKCAT, and minimum academic requirements.

I hope the e-mail means nothing! I'll try and relax now thanks :smile:
Original post by arrow95
I hope the e-mail means nothing! I'll try and relax now thanks :smile:

maybe they haven't reached our applications yet :smile:
I'm nervous about the ukcat cut off....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending