The Student Room Group

Should there be economic sanctions against the USA if Trump wins?

This poll is closed

Do you support sanctions against the US if Trump wins?

Yes 20%
No 80%
Not sure0%
Total votes: 35
If Trump wins the election it will be unthinkable, here is a person who wants to build a wall around Mexico and is xenophobic.

If he wins should there be the following sanctions against the US until Trump resigns or another election is called. Like all fair lawful sanctions they will be immediately removed on compliance.

1) Britain to stop trading with the US and with hold payments of any debts to the US.

2) Russia to cut off the Siberia to Alaska gas pipe line and cease trading with the US.

3) Expulsion of US forces personnel from bases in Eastern Europe, Turkey and. Syria.

4) China to cease trading with the US.

5) EU to cease trading with US.

Of course a lot of this depends on the will of prime minister unelect May who probably is a Trump supporter, but if we get an election with a coalition government then these sanctions can be enforced.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bore off
Please limit yourself to one stupid thread per day
Original post by Drewski
Bore off

I suppose no prizes for guessing you're a Trump supporter?
Reply 4
There should be if Hillary enacts her plan and starts ww3
Reply 5
Original post by Ambitious1999
I suppose no prizes for guessing you're a Trump supporter?

I suppose you support hillary and the bombing of the Middle East
He doesn't want to build a wall around Mexico, just across the border with the US. Still completely moronic, just not quite as stupid as you're thinking.
yep Chocodile Twinkies™ should be banned sine die.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocodile_Twinkie
Ahaha at first I thought you were a crazy commie but now Im comvinced you are a Chinese/Russian shill

"Expulsion of bases in the middle east and eastern europe"

Ahahahhahaha the worst thing is you are probably a remainer who shunned people for overestimating Britains power
Reply 9
Op you aren't very involved in politics are you?

Punishing a nation for voting for someone who is not going to break international law because you disagree with them

And believing that if there was an election the Tory majority would be extended there would be no coalition government
Original post by joecphillips
Op you aren't very involved in politics are you?

Punishing a nation for voting for someone who is not going to break international law because you disagree with them

And believing that if there was an election the Tory majority would be extended there would be no coalition government

I agree that the OP is dumb, but Trump has been pretty open about his plans to break international law.
Reply 11
Original post by SmashConcept
I agree that the OP is dumb, but Trump has been pretty open about his plans to break international law.

What law?

Torture yes but then he seems to have realised he would be breaking it and backed down
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by joecphillips
What law?

Torture yes but then he seems to have realised he would be breaking it and backed down

Targeting the families of terrorists would seem to be a pretty blatant violation of the whole "don't murder civilians" thing.

Great to hear that a major party's nomination for president worked out that torture is against the law halfway through his campaign though. I don't follow them closely, so that's news to me.
Reply 13
Original post by SmashConcept
Targeting the families of terrorists would seem to be a pretty blatant violation of the whole "don't murder civilians" thing.

Great to hear that a major party's nomination for president worked out that torture is against the law halfway through his campaign though. I don't follow them closely, so that's news to me.

It is also against international law to start a war of aggression which Hillary plans to do both sides have made mistakes on international law but one backed down when challenged.
Somehow I don't think ruining our economy and weakening our security is a rational policy to pursue.
I rreeeely fink that we shud ban usa from using dollards they woud be really poorr and have to let trump go and we can get georrge washintun back.
If some of his more extreme policy's ever get through congress there may be a slight reason to impose sanctions, but in all honestly a Trump presidency is just going to cause 4 years where nothing progresses as Trump does not have enough support in his party to get anything through.
Long live democracy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
You overreact. Trump is still bound under the constitution and has to deal with a republican (anti-trump) congress, not to mention any violation of human rights will immediately be taken to the Supreme Court. What is the issue here? Trump won't be able to deliver on half of what he's delivered, forget the ability I bet even if he could he wouldn't.
That would backfire.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending