The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RWiz
I don't think experience from before uni barely adds much value unless it's a part of your gap year. Moreover, experience that relates to the world of finance is even more rare amongst first-year candidates.

They base their decision on your SJT test result and the two questions you're supposed to answer later on.

What's SJT tests??
Reply 1541
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Thats quite interesting actually. I believe its to narrow the gap between those who are quite priveleged and those who aren't.

I don't think so. I just think that banks want to "cut to the chase" and save time from reading about the 17 student organisations that you're president of etc. We all know it's ******** most of it.

Original post by BGUK19
What's SJT tests??

Situational Judgement Test. Baml gives you something like 22 "scenarios" where you have to respond how you would react. Untimed and ****ing boring.
Original post by RWiz

Situational Judgement Test. Baml gives you something like 22 "scenarios" where you have to respond how you would react. Untimed and ****ing boring.

No idea why I didn't get SJT considering I've done them ahah, It's annoying when they ask questions and your actual response isn't on there sonyou have to say something that's just similar.
Anyone who's done Barclays online interview could tell us what it was like? did u have to record yourself? or just multiple choice? cheers lads
Original post by gsfsdsfb
Anyone who's done Barclays online interview could tell us what it was like? did u have to record yourself? or just multiple choice? cheers lads

Basically for anyone who's got this Barclays interviews you have to record yourself, 3 mins at a time, saying answers to 12 questions. A few are multiple choice and don't require recording and one is written.
Original post by BGUK19
Basically for anyone who's got this Barclays interviews you have to record yourself, 3 mins at a time, saying answers to 12 questions. A few are multiple choice and don't require recording and one is written.

Thanks! Do you remember any of the questions? maybe those that you struggled with? cheers
can they see you in this barclays interview or not???
why not just take the test yourself and stop trying to gain an unfair advantage? if you don't feel confident enough to get on the programme without help from others, I really don't think it's the industry for you

(in response to gsfsdsfb)
It is just silly from people who do the interview without trying to get the questions first. That's how this industry works pal. Investment banking is not about being fair or unfair, if you think that this is the case you will be disappointed after a few weeks. IB is unfair and is about success, no sleep, 18 working hours a day, caginess, money and greed. Welcome to the real world.
Original post by gsfsdfsb
It is just silly from people who do the interview without trying to get the questions first. That's how this industry works pal. Investment banking is not about being fair or unfair, if you think that this is the case you will be disappointed after a few weeks. IB is unfair and is about success, no sleep, 18 working hours a day, caginess, money and greed. Welcome to the real world.

*watches american psycho once*
Original post by IBD2016SW
why not just take the test yourself and stop trying to gain an unfair advantage? if you don't feel confident enough to get on the programme without help from others, I really don't think it's the industry for you

(in response to gsfsdsfb)
You could say the same about everyone to have ever used this forum for help, why draw the line here?
Original post by gsfsdfsb

Allow the big man speak please

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to apply for the MS SW, googled the EMEA Spring insight, then it directs me to a page with locations in Asia and off-cycles.. Can anyone provide me with the link to apply for the EMEA Banking SW, would appreciate, thanks!
Reply 1554
Anyone else having trouble with the Barlcays interview? **** doesn't work... been 3 days now.
Reply 1555
Got the offer from BAML :smile:
Reply 1556
Original post by ndm11
Got the offer from BAML :smile:

Congrats! What are the dates? And What is your CV like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
wanna hear a joke? I told my friend i applied for BNP. He replied with 'nice..which division?'
I responded with 'the anti-immigration policy one'

Institutional Securities is their overall investment bank. Just like ICG at Citi

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gladiatorsword
wanna hear a joke? I told my friend i applied for BNP. He replied with 'nice..which division?'
I responded with 'the anti-immigration policy one'

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending