The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beautifulxxx
Lol well our weekend is almost over in Saudi. Spent most of today stressing. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You live in Saudi? Wow Mashallah. How is it there? I would love to go there.
Yeah I heard that Friday is Monday, so Friday is the first day of the week there, or am I wrong?
Why are you stressing?
I'm okay alhamdullilah, probably do some revision and watch football.:smile:
Reply 6621
Original post by ak143244
What are you guys planning to do this weekend?

Going to my uncle's tomorrow insha'Allah for dinner along with other family friends who are invited :smile: gonna have amazing food as always there Alhamdulillah and just meeting my Afghan friends after ages Alhamdulillah gonna be fun :biggrin: wbu?
Original post by h333
Going to my uncle's tomorrow insha'Allah for dinner along with other family friends who are invited :smile: gonna have amazing food as always there Alhamdulillah and just meeting my Afghan friends after ages Alhamdulillah gonna be fun :biggrin: wbu?

I really like your family, you get along so well :smile:
I actually though amazi was a type of food untill I saw the ng at the end lol.
Ah that's good. Always good to meet your friends that you've not seen for a while
Hey, I made a friend at college today :smile:
I'm not doing much, just revision and watching football.
What is your favourite food?
Reply 6623
I really like your family, you get along so well :smile:
I actually though amazi was a type of food untill I saw the ng at the end lol.
Ah that's good. Always good to meet your friends that you've not seen for a while
Hey, I made a friend at college today :smile:
I'm not doing much, just revision and watching football.
What is your favourite food?

Oh thanks a lot so nice of you :h:
Lool 😄 bless you.
Sure is....I know we are gonna talk and talk and not fee l satisfied like always 😂 we never want to end our convos and our mums just laugh and say omd how much do you lot talk? 😂😂
Omd really? That's great to know Alhamdulillah 😊
I see.
That's hard I have a few...but if I was to say one now then it would be aushak (It's Afghan dumplings) idk I like it a lot :biggrin:
Wbu?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
Oh thanks a lot so nice of you :h:
Lool 😄 bless you.
Sure is....I know we are gonna talk and talk and not fee l satisfied like always 😂 we never want to end our convos and our mums just laugh and say omd how much do you lot talk? 😂😂
Omd really? That's great to know Alhamdulillah 😊
I see.
That's hard I have a few...but if I was to say one now then it would be aushak (It's Afghan dumplings) idk I like it a lot :biggrin:
Wbu?

No problem :smile:
Haha, aww that's good. It's because you've not seen them for a long time and you just want to tell them your whole life story to that person. I've been there before lol. Bless you.
Yeah, jazakullah for the help :h:
Ohhh dumplings! They're okay I guess :smile:
I like everything really, Have you heard of fish parkora? They are the best ever thing that has ever been invented in this world. Lol but seriously, they are so nice. I also like red chicken with roti but I like red chicken in small pieces (pasta size) and with some sweetcorn :h:
I've never tried Afgan food I don't think, hopefully I'll try some soon inshallah :smile:
(I don't know why but when ever I find something cute or nice I just say aww, bless him/her, do you do that?)

I'm going sleep now, take care :biggrin:
Have a good day tomorrow, enjoy your company with your family and friends :smile:
May Allah bless you and your family. Ameen.
And until next time, Kudafiz :h: :hello:
You live in Saudi? Wow Mashallah. How is it there? I would love to go there.
Yeah I heard that Friday is Monday, so Friday is the first day of the week there, or am I wrong?
Why are you stressing?
I'm okay alhamdullilah, probably do some revision and watch football.:smile:

Yep alhamdulilah. May Allah facilitate it for you to come here, ameen :smile: It has its ups and downs to be honest just like in any other country, but alhamdulilah in terms of practicing Islam I think it's the best country.
Haha actually nope we have friday off because of jumuah, and saturday also so that's our weekend.
Exams coming up and generally quite busy these days so its stressful.
Ah haha okay :smile: What's the weather like in the UK currently?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Epicurean
Right there is my problem with you. You go out of your way to condemn every one who doesn't practice Islam the way you do as not being Muslim or not being "normal" Muslims. You justify sectarianism by hiding behind this label of "normal Muslim". The "normal practicing Muslims" I know are not intent on the sectarianism you preach. I remember a recent Guardian article you quoted and posted on TSR, and every time "Shia Muslims" was mentioned in the article, you went out of your way to cross out "Muslim". The "normal practicing Muslims" I know are far more accepting and tolerant than you, and I will not accept your attempts to deny their right to call themselves Muslims or practice their religion. They are the ones that have to pick up the seeds of the discord you sow.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=68389940&t=4398658#post68389940

Go there. less spam for others.
Completely agree with your final sentence, especially with countries like France. It equally abuses basic human rights and religious freedom. That seems to be less emphasized than Saudi however.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I disagree with France's stance in regards to secularism. Is it equally as bad as Saudi Arabia? No chance. There are no Churches in Saudi Arabia, there are an estimated 2,300 mosques in France. There is far more religious freedom in France than Saudi Arabia. But France has issues that I disagree with for example their stance on the burkini. I'm more than willing to criticise France, and I'd be more than happy to voice my criticisms if you wish to hear. Somehow I doubt IFL would be quite so open to voicing criticism of Saudi Arabia's issues in regard to freedom of religion. But I could be proved wrong.
Yep alhamdulilah. May Allah facilitate it for you to come here, ameen :smile: It has its ups and downs to be honest just like in any other country, but alhamdulilah in terms of practicing Islam I think it's the best country.
Haha actually nope we have friday off because of jumuah, and saturday also so that's our weekend.
Exams coming up and generally quite busy these days so its stressful.
Ah haha okay :smile: What's the weather like in the UK currently?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, may Allah make it easy for you. Ameen
Hmm true, everyone is segregated there right?
Oh yeah that's it.
It is the worst, it's freezing and raining which sucks. Your winter is like summer here. Seriously. :smile:

I need to go to sleep now.
Don't stress, revise and make dua before you sit the exam.
Try to pray 2 nafl before you sit the exam as well. Helps a lot :smile:
Everything will be fine inshallah
Take care, Kudafiz :h:
Reply 6629
No problem :smile:
Haha, aww that's good. It's because you've not seen them for a long time and you just want to tell them your whole life story to that person. I've been there before lol. Bless you.
Yeah, jazakullah for the help :h:
Ohhh dumplings! They're okay I guess :smile:
I like everything really, Have you heard of fish parkora? They are the best ever thing that has ever been invented in this world. Lol but seriously, they are so nice. I also like red chicken with roti but I like red chicken in small pieces (pasta size) and with some sweetcorn :h:
I've never tried Afgan food I don't think, hopefully I'll try some soon inshallah :smile:
(I don't know why but when ever I find something cute or nice I just say aww, bless him/her, do you do that?)

I'm going sleep now, take care :biggrin:
Have a good day tomorrow, enjoy your company with your family and friends :smile:
May Allah bless you and your family. Ameen.
And until next time, Kudafiz :h: :hello:

Yeah that's why 😆 but we talk about good stuff Alhamdulillah eg Islamic stories too and just go deep into it without realising most of the time 😄
BarakAllahu Feek.
Ooh tbh have not tried that yet 😮
Chicken is good 😊
Yeah insha'Allah you should try Afghan cuisines if you get a chance.
Yes I do that a lot too 😂

Jzk. Ameen. Wa iyyak 😊
Allah/Khuda hafiz.
Original post by Enginerd.
Around 90kg before maintaining which surprises people. What do you weigh at the moment?

That's good to hear, I actually would prefer working to Uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Below 60 again :frown:

What's you're height?
Original post by IdeasForLife
Below 60 again :frown:

What's you're height?

Below 60? At what height?

I'm around 5 11.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Below 60? At what height?

I'm around 5 11.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The awesome asian height of 5 7.

Tbf the thing with me is that if i wreck up gym diet, I plummit down weight so easily. Altho I will reach 70 (or atleast 65 or over) next summer sometime insha'Allah if all goes to plans.
(edited 7 years ago)
The awesome asian height of 5 7.

Tbf the thing with me is that if i wreck up gym diet, I plummit down so easily. Altho I will reach 70 near summer insha'Allah if all goes to plans.

I guess you just have to be consistent with your eating and make sure you get enough calories in a day to be in a surplus. In Sha Allah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess you just have to be consistent with your eating and make sure you get enough calories in a day to be in a surplus. In Sha Allah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yy:

How were your lectures today?
:yy:

How were your lectures today?

I had the day off today, lecture got cancelled. Needed it tbh...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had the day off today, lecture got cancelled. Needed it tbh...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like a good day :tongue:
Sounds like a good day :tongue:

It was :tongue:, how was yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was :tongue:, how was yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Started good alhamdulillah. Ending on a bad note with too much typing being done on TSR :ninja:
Original post by MyBigBellybutton
Hey nice story, I'm just wondering does this have any truth to it or is it just a way to express?

I can't find a hadith to back it up atm, but its a famous story told by a lot of scholars, so this makes it reliable. Either way it is not a flase story.

Latest

Trending

Trending