The Student Room Group

17 years old never had a Relationship?

Ok so I just turned 17 and started sixth form and its happening again im awkward as... I cant talk to girls and have become really anti-social. People find it weird as im really shy yet im 6'4. I have had some girls flirt with me however I just dunno what to say, I have never had a girlfriend and kinda feel the odd one out in my friendship group.

Any help?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Ok so I just turned 17 and started sixth form and its happening again im awkward as... I cant talk to girls and have become really anti-social. People find it weird as im really shy yet im 6'4. I have had some girls flirt with me however I just dunno what to say, I have never had a girlfriend and kinda feel the odd one out in my friendship group.

Any help?

Aww you sound exactly like the male version of me tbh, just minus the guys flirt with ya part. I know the struggle and it can be tough, but i guess love will find you when you are ready, but i know it feels lonely and tough due to you see others in relationships. Sorry i cant be much of a help, but if you ever want someone to talk to about how you feel just say. :smile:
Reply 2
Aww you sound exactly like the male version of me tbh, just minus the guys flirt with ya part. I know the struggle and it can be tough, but i guess love will find you when you are ready, but i know it feels lonely and tough due to you see others in relationships. Sorry i cant be much of a help, but if you ever want someone to talk to about how you feel just say. :smile:

Thank you, nice to know other people are experiencing the same problems :smile:
Reply 3
And 23 and eternally single, don't sweat it pal

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a girl in year 13 and I get what you mean by feeling the odd one out but don't worry about it- your not the only one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you, nice to know other people are experiencing the same problems :smile:

No worries and yea your not alone. :smile: I swear the pressure given to teens nowadays to be in love is getting higher :/
Original post by RobML
And 23 and eternally single, don't sweat it pal

Posted from TSR Mobile

How the heck are you still single?? :eek: You are a great looking guy. And never say that its eternally.
20 and never been in relationship chill dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
You aren't the only one. I'm 17 and in Year 13, but I've never had a relationship or drunk alcohol or smoker. Hell, I haven't been to a party either.
Reply 9
How the heck are you still single?? :eek: You are a great looking guy. And never say that its eternally.

Too much for any one person to handle, I guess :wink:
Dunno what to tell ya, kid.

If you haven't had a girlfriend until now I think you're screwed. 17 is extremely late even by conservative standards. :console:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
You aren't the only one. I'm 17 and in Year 13, but I've never had a relationship or drunk alcohol or smoker. Hell, I haven't been to a party either.

I have done the other 2/3 trust me its something u probably will never want to experience, its just really awkward especially when people get really drunk at parties and they throw up everywhere.
Reply 12
I have done the other 2/3 trust me its something u probably will never want to experience, its just really awkward especially when people get really drunk at parties and they throw up everywhere.

Drinking and partying can be pretty nice don't listen to this
Original post by RDKGames

If you haven't had a girlfriend until now I think you're screwed. 17 is extremely late even by conservative standards. :console:

Can u explain more?
"The Unholy Knight of Sarcasm" - Alright got ya, don't matter. :smile:

Well then... I am absolutely f*cked :rofl:
Reply 16
It is pretty normal. What makes you think 17 is an age where you should have had a relationship by?

Just relax, you have time. I'm 22 and never had one so count your blessings. Sounds like you have some confidence issues, your height isn't the issue here.
Original post by RobML
Too much for any one person to handle, I guess :wink:

Oh really now. :wink:

So does that mean im screwed then. lol

Any help?

Well, I'm 26 and I've been single for 6 yrs, my last & only relationship only lasted less than a month and we didn't do much together, that's why it still feels like I'm still a virgin.

But I still hold on to the belief that you don't need a relationship or a sex life for a happy life. Especially if you work on improving other parts of your life, e.g. personal ambitions & passions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending