The Student Room Group

I need advice Please!!

It's November, (I'm in year 12) I am currently getting all E's and U's for all of my subjects after revising so hard for them and after doing so many tests in school. I now have 5 months left till my As Exams and I feel so unprepared and feel like I am going to fail everything. I am beyond stressed and I feel like we are not even early In the year anymore. Please someone give me advice as I am not feeling to happy and extremely upset. PlEASE HELP ME!

Scroll to see replies

Hiya,

First of all, don't panic, you are completely normal and doing absolutely fine. There is a leap between GCSE and A Level that everyone struggles with at first- remember you've gone from GCSEs where you've been comfortable with the content and the exam technique and gained confidence over 2 years whereas at the moment you are still a beginner at AS.

Year 12 seems to whizz by and this can feel really scary. One of the best ways to tackle this is to have a really good structure. Write down when you are going to have relaxation times as I know from experience that overworking will have a major impact on your physical and mental wellbeing and ultimately you won't be on top form when it comes to doing the exams. Work in time not only to learn the theory but also to start to do some practice questions, not only do they repeat like at GCSE but this will help you to gaon confidence in the exam technique and will boost your grades massively!

If you feel like your stress is effecting your life- the best thing to do is talk to someone about it because everyone is in the same boat even if you feel like you're not coping as well as others. It is also important to get all the subject related help available, ask away as soon as you get stuck, go and find your teachers e.t.c as it is very easy to get behind in such a short year.

Hope this helps :smile: If you need any more advice just ask, as I was in exactly the same position this time last year!
Original post by VioletPhillippo
Hiya,

First of all, don't panic, you are completely normal and doing absolutely fine. There is a leap between GCSE and A Level that everyone struggles with at first- remember you've gone from GCSEs where you've been comfortable with the content and the exam technique and gained confidence over 2 years whereas at the moment you are still a beginner at AS.

Year 12 seems to whizz by and this can feel really scary. One of the best ways to tackle this is to have a really good structure. Write down when you are going to have relaxation times as I know from experience that overworking will have a major impact on your physical and mental wellbeing and ultimately you won't be on top form when it comes to doing the exams. Work in time not only to learn the theory but also to start to do some practice questions, not only do they repeat like at GCSE but this will help you to gaon confidence in the exam technique and will boost your grades massively!

If you feel like your stress is effecting your life- the best thing to do is talk to someone about it because everyone is in the same boat even if you feel like you're not coping as well as others. It is also important to get all the subject related help available, ask away as soon as you get stuck, go and find your teachers e.t.c as it is very easy to get behind in such a short year.

Hope this helps :smile: If you need any more advice just ask, as I was in exactly the same position this time last year!

Thank you so much for the advice, what is stressing me out even more is TIME. Like do you think we are still early in the school year and do you think there is time to improve as i am really worrying about this particular aspect.
Reply 3
Original post by Freshstart123
It's November, (I'm in year 12) I am currently getting all E's and U's for all of my subjects after revising so hard for them and after doing so many tests in school. I now have 5 months left till my As Exams and I feel so unprepared and feel like I am going to fail everything. I am beyond stressed and I feel like we are not even early In the year anymore. Please someone give me advice as I am not feeling to happy and extremely upset. PlEASE HELP ME!

what exam board are you on?
Original post by Rashina
what exam board are you on?

I am doing bio and chem and physics my exam board for bio is edexcel and for chem it is aqa as well as pysyics too
H

what are you doing to overcome all of this?
Reply 6
I am doing bio and chem and physics my exam board for bio is edexcel and for chem it is aqa as well as pysyics too

I am doing maths, chem, physics and further maths all in the edexcel board
Original post by Rashina
I am doing maths, chem, physics and further maths all in the edexcel board

I am so stressed and i feel so dumb
Reply 8
I am so stressed and i feel so dumb

I'm just nervous
Original post by Rashina
I'm just nervous

Since we are in November now, do you think we are still considered early in the year?
Since we are in November now, do you think we are still considered early in the year?

Ya
Original post by Rashina
Ya

The thing is all of my teachers are like stressing me out and saying we are no longer early in the school year and exams are just a corner away, what do you think?
The thing is all of my teachers are like stressing me out and saying we are no longer early in the school year and exams are just a corner away, what do you think?

I have no teachers. I am a private candidate now. I left school recently.
Original post by Rashina
I have no teachers. I am a private candidate now. I left school recently.

Oh really. how you finding that. But yeah about my qustion what do you think?
Oh really. how you finding that. But yeah about my qustion what do you think?

Maybe they want you to revise more.
do past papers and literally memorise the mark scheme
Original post by student004
do past papers and literally memorise the mark scheme

I don't think memorising is a good idea. You can just get to know the key points in the answer
Reply 17
Hi Iam struggle with my personal statement in pharmacy for university of Birmingham please anyone can help me last year I couldn't pass my personal statement I am really worried about my personal statement
Thank you so much for the advice, what is stressing me out even more is TIME. Like do you think we are still early in the school year and do you think there is time to improve as i am really worrying about this particular aspect.

Yes I still think we are very early on in the school year especially as you have only just started a new course! If you continue to work steadily (but keeping happy and healthy by not overdoing it) you will get to a point where it will click. If it doesn't dw, AS levels are not the end of the world. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest