The Student Room Group

Should there be economic sanctions against the USA if Trump wins?

Scroll to see replies

Dude...those leaders are not idiots. And I don't think all of them love corrupters or fraudsters.

1478308890112.jpg

1478308913532.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ambitious1999
If Trump wins the election it will be unthinkable, here is a person who wants to build a wall around Mexico and is xenophobic.

If he wins should there be the following sanctions against the US until Trump resigns or another election is called. Like all fair lawful sanctions they will be immediately removed on compliance.

1) Britain to stop trading with the US and with hold payments of any debts to the US.

2) Russia to cut off the Siberia to Alaska gas pipe line and cease trading with the US.

3) Expulsion of US forces personnel from bases in Eastern Europe, Turkey and. Syria.

4) China to cease trading with the US.

5) EU to cease trading with US.

Of course a lot of this depends on the will of prime minister unelect May who probably is a Trump supporter, but if we get an election with a coalition government then these sanctions can be enforced.

This is why people call you a troll and an idiot.
Original post by joecphillips
I suppose you support hillary and the bombing of the Middle East
You mean like Trump saying he would "bomb the **** out of ISIS"?
Reply 23
What a suggestion, from someone who clearly knows nothing about international relations, trade or democracy.
Even if they came to fruition, what would they achieve, global economic recession? and for what? I bet you're one of these who can't accept the Brexit result and cries about it - we live in a democratic world, majority wins.
I am not particularly fond of either US candidate, but even if Charlie Sheen ran and won by majority vote, you couldn't impose sanctions just because you didn't think he was the right candidate. How naive.
Reply 24
Trump's many outlandish ideas will never come to fruition. He has some saner ideas, which might not be altogether terrible. Certainly I do not believe they would be enough to warrant any kind of sanctions.
I think first and foremost the actual voters of trump should be punished for making the wrong choice. I envisage something like vigilante groups doxing and threatening them online, get them fired from their jobs. This way, good people who didnt vote trump will have more jobs to take when Trump crashes the economy.

Famous or prominent trump supporters should be beaten up badly by foot patrol vigilante groups and have their families leave them careers taken
Reply 26
Original post by Terry Tibbs
You mean like Trump saying he would "bomb the **** out of ISIS"?

More like Hillary's continued support out of bombing the Middle East
Can I ask why it's "completely moronic"?
Ya think so? :wink:

[video="youtube;Ezaw-g6TIQI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezaw-g6TIQI[/video]
Original post by Betelgeuse-
I think first and foremost the actual voters of trump should be punished for making the wrong choice. I envisage something like vigilante groups doxing and threatening them online, get them fired from their jobs. This way, good people who didnt vote trump will have more jobs to take when Trump crashes the economy.

Famous or prominent trump supporters should be beaten up badly by foot patrol vigilante groups and have their families leave them careers taken

Thanks for #CorrectingTheRecord! $.02 has been deposited in your account

You are far too tame Betelgeuse. Surely we just stop them from voting in the first place. Trump voters as we know are subhuman scum, they're poor, unemployed and uneducated and deserve to be punished for being such. It's the only left wing and progressive solution here, I'm sure you'd agree.
Original post by limetang
You are far too tame Betelgeuse. Surely we just stop them from voting in the first place. Trump voters as we know are subhuman scum, they're poor, unemployed and uneducated and deserve to be punished for being such. It's the only left wing and progressive solution here, I'm sure you'd agree.

But then how would we learn em? We need these people to identify themselves in small yet insignificant numbers so we know who needs to EDUCOATE YOSELF . We could have schools that teach these people (After their beatings) to be woke seeing as mainstream media is not as effective as it once was
Original post by Mathemagicien
That is a little harsh - why not instead send Trump voters to re-education camps, where they are educated (every hour of every day) in diversity and tolerance. They stay at the camp until they pass a test of displaying no racial bias.

YES YES YES OMG SO WOKE! I didnt see this before my above reply!

We are woke my friend
Original post by Dodgypirate
Can I ask why it's "completely moronic"?

It's going to be stupidly expensive to build and maintain and Mexico aren't going to pay for it, the infrastructure required to built the wall he wants doesn't currently exist, it will force a higher rate of attempted crossings out of desperation while the wall is being built or just funnel people towards the inevitable gaps in the wall because creating 100% coverage wasn't even possible with the fencing they've already tried, it will do nothing to stop illegal immigrants entering through paths other than via Mexico (which currently constitute approximately 48% of illegal immigrants in the USA), and the environmental impact is likely to be awful. That's off the top of my head.

Original post by KimKallstrom
Ya think so? :wink:

The fact that she advocated for the substantially cheaper and more easily implemented fencing over a decade ago is common knowledge, and irrelevant to Trumps substantially less feasible pipe-dream. If Hillary was still running on a pledge to build a border wall she'd be a moron too.
But then how would we learn em? We need these people to identify themselves in small yet insignificant numbers so we know who needs to EDUCOATE YOSELF . We could have schools that teach these people (After their beatings) to be woke seeing as mainstream media is not as effective as it once was

Is there any point in reeducating them though? It's not like they're actually real people, why bother with that? Surely it's better just to remove them from society? We could set up a labour camp or something to make use of them.
Original post by joecphillips
More like Hillary's continued support out of bombing the Middle East
So you're lambasting Hillary for supporting the bombing of the middle east when Trump is on record for saying he will do exactly that. Make your mind up bro.
Reply 36
Original post by Terry Tibbs
So you're lambasting Hillary for supporting the bombing of the middle east when Trump is on record for saying he will do exactly that. Make your mind up bro.

Hillary's history is constant bombing, she has decided to bomb places that have posed no threat to the USA trump is supporting bombing the threat that killary had a hand in starting.

Throughout her history she has only opposed 1 military intervention that the USA has been a part of
Original post by AOG1
What a suggestion, from someone who clearly knows nothing about international relations, trade or democracy.
Even if they came to fruition, what would they achieve, global economic recession? and for what? I bet you're one of these who can't accept the Brexit result and cries about it - we live in a democratic world, majority wins.
I am not particularly fond of either US candidate, but even if Charlie Sheen ran and won by majority vote, you couldn't impose sanctions just because you didn't think he was the right candidate. How naive.

Democracy isn't always the best thing. I worked in the summer as an activity leader with foreign students many of the were Czech in their late teens and were envious of theor grand parents who enjoyed free education, free healthcare, generous social security benefits, the choice of plenty of jobs etc.
Many young Czechs want their country to return to the Wawsaw pact and Russian influence as the western values has only created recession and poverty.
Original post by Mathemagicien
That is a little harsh - why not instead send Trump voters to re-education camps, where they are educated (every hour of every day) in diversity and tolerance. They stay at the camp until they pass a test of displaying no racial bias.

Good idea, we could make them concentrate on losing their racial biases. We could call them concentration camps.
Reply 39
Original post by Ambitious1999
Democracy isn't always the best thing. I worked in the summer as an activity leader with foreign students many of the were Czech in their late teens and were envious of theor grand parents who enjoyed free education, free healthcare, generous social security benefits, the choice of plenty of jobs etc.
Many young Czechs want their country to return to the Wawsaw pact and Russian influence as the western values has only created recession and poverty.

Firstly the UK is democracy, and we have free education, free healthcare and social security benefits!!!! I mean cmon, if you can't see that...

Secondly, I think you are confusing the European Union with western values. No where in the definition of democracy does it state that the Czech Republic must not provide these services to its people, it is a choice, that is the good thing about democracy, there is always a choice.

I don't quite know how saying Czech's want to be under Russian influence again supports your argument for USA having sanctions for potentially electing Trump...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending