The Student Room Group

**unofficial markscheme edexcel maths november 2016**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jay___30
Guys please help i need an A* But i ****ed up so badly on paper 2 i think i only managed 78/100 at worst but paper 1 might save me
so I'm guessing my worst score would be 164/200, would that be an A*????

Depends how low the grade boundaries will be
What did people get for the value of money question?
Original post by Mkumar19

Deleted

Do you mean the wallet with France and London or do you mean the question with the grams small and big
The France wallet was cheaper
Original post by Im_trying
Do you mean the wallet with France and London or do you mean the question with the grams small and big

The grams one
I'm pretty sure for the question where you have to find the rate between france and london, it is london which is the cheapest.
It was 0.49 euros less or something, what did everyone else get?
I'm sure I got it right whereas the exchange rate was from pounds to euros and it asked what the difference was from france and london
Original post by stu-3791
I'm pretty sure for the question where you have to find the rate between france and london, it is london which is the cheapest.
It was 0.49 euros less or something, what did everyone else get?
I'm sure I got it right whereas the exchange rate was from pounds to euros and it asked what the difference was from france and london

I got 0.37p something like that
how did you do on the calculator paper?
i was really unsure about the frequency polygon question!! the histogram question was levelled at A* you had to Finnish the histogram an di just blanked out i didn't not get enough sleep that night! does this mean that i can't get an A*...
i know that some girls did really well who failed the first time I'm sort of jealous because i got a c the first time so i don't want to fail the second time that so embarrassing I'm hoping for a B or higher. The calc was a lot better than the non calc
right so, list for non calc:
frequency polygon
histogram
miles
algebra( expand and simplify)
vectors.. crap i think i didn't get that right on the calc paper
sine and cosine graph (ik so stupid all i had to do was put it upside down i want to cry)
vector translation- this was moderate easy but i said its a reflection and movement of y+ 2x or something)
find the coordinates of the midpoint and end point

upon reflection: i think that i was simply silly i know all the answers of you'd ask me to answer them again literally I'm so good at maths its just i didn't sleep and didn't get the question which i now know! I'm so annoyed at myself. I'm orating to god that i still get the marks i need for a B! some questions were really simple....
Original post by inashassan
how did you do on the calculator paper?

I counted roughly 74 marks but I'm almost sure I got a C.
After Wednesday at school, I went through the paper with my maths teacher and I did the same on Friday after paper 2.
I counted 37 and 37 marks on the other one, but that was being strict with my marking and I asked whether I would've got a mark for doing workings out etc, but I'm still doubting myself.
What do you think the mark will be for a C grade?
Original post by inashassan
i was really unsure about the frequency polygon question!! the histogram question was levelled at A* you had to Finnish the histogram an di just blanked out i didn't not get enough sleep that night! does this mean that i can't get an A*...
i know that some girls did really well who failed the first time I'm sort of jealous because i got a c the first time so i don't want to fail the second time that so embarrassing I'm hoping for a B or higher. The calc was a lot better than the non calc
right so, list for non calc:
frequency polygon
histogram
miles
algebra( expand and simplify)
vectors.. crap i think i didn't get that right on the calc paper
sine and cosine graph (ik so stupid all i had to do was put it upside down i want to cry)
vector translation- this was moderate easy but i said its a reflection and movement of y+ 2x or something)
find the coordinates of the midpoint and end point

upon reflection: i think that i was simply silly i know all the answers of you'd ask me to answer them again literally I'm so good at maths its just i didn't sleep and didn't get the question which i now know! I'm so annoyed at myself. I'm orating to god that i still get the marks i need for a B! some questions were really simple....

I asked my maths teacher and he said that for the distance question, if you put 1.6km = 1 mile or 5miles = 8km, you'll get a method mark
I got 0.37p something like that
Yeah I Got that as well. which one was cheaper the blueberries one was it the first one or second one
Original post by maths6000
Yeah I Got that as well. which one was cheaper the blueberries one was it the first one or second one

The second one was best value for money ( Larger one )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's what I got
Random sampling girls 18-60
I got 53.8 something round it which is
54 did anyone else get 54?
Original post by maths6000
Random sampling girls 18-60
I got 53.8 something round it which is
54 did anyone else get 54?

Yes, I got the same as well! I accidentally did the whole row (boy and girls 19-60) and re-read the question and did JUST the females (thank god) silly me and yes I got 53.8 (rounded to nearest 10) 54 females I put for the answer.
Easy 3-4 marks
Yes, I got the same as well! I accidentally did the whole row (boy and girls 19-60) and re-read the question and did JUST the females (thank god) silly me and yes I got 53.8 (rounded to nearest 10) 54 females I put for the answer.
Easy 3-4 marks

I was lucky 😭
I revised it the day before

Posted from TSR Mobile

How marks will it be for a C? I harshly gave myself 72-74 marks out of 200 altogether, hopefully I got more but what grade boundary do you recon it'll be? 70 or?
How marks will it be for a C? I harshly gave myself 72-74 marks out of 200 altogether, hopefully I got more but what grade boundary do you recon it'll be? 70 or?

I highly doubt a C will be 70, I would say anything from around 66 downwards would be a C. Probably no lower than 60.
72 is 100% a C
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending