The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

QQ.

What's the shortest surah in the Quran?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leukocyte
I am alhamdulillah and you? It's breaktime now lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am doing good too alhamdulillah. I see, go eat or something.
QQ.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surah al kauthar !! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَآمِنُوا بِرَسُولِهِ يُؤْتِكُمْ كِفْلَيْنِ مِنْ رَحْمَتِهِ وَيَجْعَلْ لَكُمْ نُورًا تَمْشُونَ بِهِ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ۚ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ

O ye that believe! Fear Allah, and believe in His Messenger, and He will bestow on you a double portion of His Mercy: He will provide for you a Light by which ye shall walk (straight in your path), and He will forgive you (your past): for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

(Sura 57, Aya 28)

Posted from TSR Mobile
QQ.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surah Iklas?
Surah Kawthar is pretty short too.
Original post by The Epicurean
I was discussing Saudi Arabia's human rights abuses and its similarities with the Soviet Union. They both have terrible records in regards to religious freedom. Obviously the Ottomans were far more tolerant, although the Wahhabis found issue with that, hence their waging war on the Ottomons.

Original post by The Epicurean
But it is a good example of indicating the difference. If you want more exaples, Muslims are allowed to become citizens in France. However, as the US Department of State indicates quite clearly, "Islam is the official religion, and the law requires that all citizens be Muslims." So we are comparing a country which allows Muslims to become citizens, with a country that doesn't allowed non-Muslims to become citizens. In France, there also exists a freedom to change your religion. In Saudi Arabia, leaving Islam is a punishable crime.
And I did just that. I was criticising both Saudi Arabia and the Soviet Union. I am an atheist, and I criticised a state that enforced atheism. But it seems near impossible to get some Muslims to criticise Saudi Arabia's abuses of religious freedom.

I'm all for calling out a state or society for something that is not correct. I won't comment on any particular society or state here as this thread has a purpose beyond such lengthy discussions. However, it does annoy me when such states and societies are condemned for certain acts or rules whereas other societies are idolised, honored and assumed to be the most progressive in the world. Maybe some societies do inhibit religious freedom by restricting residence in their lands on the basis thereof. But other societies are slaughtering populations of cities indiscriminately, whilst at the same time claiming feats of heroicism by it. Just because of economic and military advancement, they are somehow cleansed of guilt, the blame for any problem being attributed to other than them. Furthermore, any mention of this is called out as a bias - ironically, this is the very thing being done by the other camp.

That's all I want to mention on the subject. Alas, feel free to take your discussion elsewhere.
Original post by h333
SubhanAllah verse of the day :h::

ٱﻟﻠَّﻪُ ﻻَٓ ﺇِﻟَٰﻪَ ﺇِﻻَّ ﻫُﻮَ ٱﻟْﺤَﻰُّ ٱﻟْﻘَﻴُّﻮﻡُ ۚ ﻻَ ﺗَﺄْﺧُﺬُﻩُۥ ﺳِﻨَﺔٌ ﻭَﻻَ ﻧَﻮْﻡٌ ۚ ﻟَّﻪُۥ ﻣَﺎ ﻓِﻰ ٱﻟﺴَّﻤَٰﻮَٰﺕِ ﻭَﻣَﺎ ﻓِﻰ ٱﻷَْﺭْﺽِ ۗ ﻣَﻦ ﺫَا ٱﻟَّﺬِﻯ ﻳَﺸْﻔَﻊُ ﻋِﻨﺪَﻩُۥٓ ﺇِﻻَّ ﺑِﺈِﺫْﻧِﻪِۦ ۚ ﻳَﻌْﻠَﻢُ ﻣَﺎ ﺑَﻴْﻦَ ﺃَﻳْﺪِﻳﻬِﻢْ ﻭَﻣَﺎ ﺧَﻠْﻔَﻬُﻢْ ۖ ﻭَﻻَ ﻳُﺤِﻴﻄُﻮﻥَ ﺑِﺸَﻰْءٍ ﻣِّﻦْ ﻋِﻠْﻤِﻪِۦٓ ﺇِﻻَّ ﺑِﻤَﺎ ﺷَﺎٓءَ ۚ ﻭَﺳِﻊَ ﻛُﺮْﺳِﻴُّﻪُ ٱﻟﺴَّﻤَٰﻮَٰﺕِ ﻭَٱﻷَْﺭْﺽَ ۖ ﻭَﻻَ ﻳَـُٔﻮﺩُﻩُۥ ﺣِﻔْﻈُﻬُﻤَﺎ ۚ ﻭَﻫُﻮَ ٱﻟْﻌَﻠِﻰُّ ٱﻟْﻌَﻈِﻴﻢُ

Allahu la ilaha illa huwa alhayyu alqayyoomu la takhuthuhu sinatun wala nawmun lahu ma fee alssamawati wama fee alardi man tha allathee yashfaAAu AAindahu illa biithnihi yaAAlamu ma bayna aydeehim wama khalfahum wala yuheetoona bishayin min AAilmihi illa bima shaa wasiAAa kursiyyuhu alssamawati waalarda wala yaooduhu hifthuhuma wahuwa alAAaliyyu alAAatheemu

Allah! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).

May Allah bless his mercy on all of us, guide us and keep us on the right path, increase our imaan throughout life and grant us Jannah. Ameen 😌

Ameen
Ameen to all duas

~

Assalamu alaykum all. Hope you're all well inshaAllah

I work on the weekends and I've got to prepare for my lab on Monday. I'm on my way to work now and it's so cold!

1. Belief in Allah
2. Beilief in His angels
3. Belief in His messengers
4. Belief in His books
5. Belief in the Last Day
6. Belief in Al-Qadar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh. feel sorry for you :frown: It's freezing here as well :frown:
Original post by tayyeb98
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَآمِنُوا بِرَسُولِهِ يُؤْتِكُمْ كِفْلَيْنِ مِنْ رَحْمَتِهِ وَيَجْعَلْ لَكُمْ نُورًا تَمْشُونَ بِهِ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ۚ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ

O ye that believe! Fear Allah, and believe in His Messenger, and He will bestow on you a double portion of His Mercy: He will provide for you a Light by which ye shall walk (straight in your path), and He will forgive you (your past): for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

(Sura 57, Aya 28)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Assalamualaikum you have a nice name 🙂
Original post by Incredible97
I have three questions - True story

There was once a man who was an enemy to Islam. He had three famous questions that no person could answer. No Islamic scholar in Baghdad could answer his three questions...thus he made fun of Islam in public. He constantly ridiculed Islam and the Muslims. One day a small boy, who`s age was 10, came along and heard the man yelling and screaming at Muslims in the street. He was challenging people openly to answer the three questions.

The boy stood quietly and watched. He then decided that he would challenge the man. He walked up and told the man, "I will accept your challenge".

The man laughed at the boy and ridiculed the Muslims even more by saying, "A ten year old boy challenges me. Is this all you people have to offer!"

But the boy patiently reiterated his stance. He would challenge the man, and with Allah`s help and guidance, he would put this to an end. The man finally accepted.

The entire city gathered around a small "hill" where open addresses were usually made. The man climbed to the top, and in a loud voice asked his first question.

"What is your God doing right now?"

The small boy thought for a little while and then told the man to climb down the hill and to allow him to go up in order to address the question.

The man says "What? You want me to come down?"The boy says, "Yes. I need to reply, right?"The man made his way down and the small boy, age 10, with his little feet made his way up.

This small child`s reply was "Oh Allah Almighty! You be my witness in front of all these people. You have just willed that a Kafir be brought down to a low level, and that a Muslim be brought to a high level!"

The crowd cheered and screamed "Takbir"...."Allah-hu-akbar!!!"

The man was humiliated, but he boldly asked his Second question... "What existed before your God?"

The small child thought and thought.

Then he asked the man to count backwards. "Count from 10 backwards."The man counted..."10, 9 ,8 , 7 , 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,0"The boy asked, "What comes before 0 ? "The man: "I don`t know...nothing".

The boy: "Exactly. Nothing was before Allah, for He is eternal and absolute.

"The crowd cheered again...."Takbir!"...."Allah-hu-akbar!!!!"

The man, now completely frustrated, asked his final question. "In which direction is your Allah facing?"The boy thought and thought.

He then asked for a candle. A candle was brought to him. The blessed child handed it to the man and asked him to light it.The man did so and remarked, "What is this supposed to prove?"

The young boy asked, "In which direction is light from the candle going?" The man responded, "It is going in all directions."The boy: "You have answered your own question. Allah`s light (noor) goes in all directions. He is everywhere. There is no where that He cannot be found."

"The crowd cheered again...."Takbir!"...."Allah-hu-akbar!!!"

The man was so impressed and so moved by the boy`s knowledge and spirituality, that he embraced Islam and became a student of the young boy.So ended the debate.

Who was the young boy?

The young boy was one of our leaders and one of the greatest scholars, Imam Abu Hanîfa (May Allah bless him).

Assalamualaikum your posts are really great thank you
JZK
Original post by Milky moustache
Assalamualaikum your posts are really great thank you
JZK

Thanks for the follow! ^_^
Original post by IdeasForLife
I am doing good too alhamdulillah. I see, go eat or something.

Good to hear. I did, thanks.

Original post by shahida sulaiman
Surah al kauthar !! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep that's correct. Your turn.

Original post by ak143244
Surah Iklas?
Surah Kawthar is pretty short too.

The user above answered first.
The second answer is correct :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Walaykum asalaam

Posted from TSR Mobile
QQ.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you asking a legit question or is this some type of quiz?:h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good to hear. I did, thanks.

Yep that's correct. Your turn.

The user above answered first.
The second answer is correct :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, fair enoughXD
So you have to ask a question if you get a question right?
Original post by Ayaz789
Are you asking a legit question or is this some type of quiz?:h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, fair enoughXD
So you have to ask a question if you get a question right?

It's a quiz. Incredible97 started the quiz questions and may Allah reward her. Ameen. It's a good way to gain knowledge too.

Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
It's a quiz. Incredible97 started and may Allah reward her. Ameen. It's a good way to gain knowledge too.

Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ameen :h:
The Messenger of Allah s.a.w was asked, ‘Who is the most severely afflicted of the people in the world?’ So he (s.a.w) said: ‘The Prophets- then the next most [afflicted] thereafter [are] those similar to the previous group and so forth’; and the believer [Momin] is afflicted in accordance to his Eman and the excellence of his deeds. So the one whose Eman is correct and his deeds are excellent, his afflictions would be more severe, and the one whose Eman is light and his deeds are weak, would be with few afflictions’

وجل به المؤمن فقال سئل رسول الله من أشد الناس بلاء في الدنيا فقال النبيون ثم الأمثل فالأمثل ويبتلى المؤمن بعد على قدر إيمانه وحسن أعماله فمن صح إيمانه وحسن عمله اشتد بلاؤه ومن سخف إيمانه وضعف عمله قل بلاؤه

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading Saheeh. Mirat Al Uqul]

(edited 7 years ago)
I have a question something that i'm very confused about.
okay soo ... "A wife being rebellious to her husband!--- if a man invites the women to bed and she refuses and he gets angry, the angels curse her till morning"

Why is this? i mean she should have the right to disagree ??
and how is this the wife being rebellious?
Thanks for the follow! ^_^

No problem.:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending