The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Lostperson
maybe they haven't reached our applications yet :smile:
I'm nervous about the ukcat cut off....

Yes that's definitely it :biggrin: they haven't got round to ours yet! What score did you get if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by arrow95
Yes that's definitely it :biggrin: they haven't got round to ours yet! What score did you get if you don't mind me asking?

590 VR
but 830 AR lol

:colondollar:
Reply 302
590 VR
but 830 AR lol

:colondollar:

That's really good! I don't know how you managed that on AR I'm so bad at it!
Original post by arrow95
That's really good! I don't know how you managed that on AR I'm so bad at it!

I'm not going to lie.. I think the UKCAT is a game of luck. I ended up with easy easy sets...like colour... number and that kind of thing?

This will be my 3rd application.. (I am a grad holding an MSc too). hope it is 3rd time lucky x
[QUOTE=Lostperson;68390146]I'm not going to lie.. I think the UKCAT is a game of luck. I ended up with easy easy sets...like colour... number and that kind of thing?

This will be my 3rd application.. (I am a grad holding an MSc too). hope it is 3rd time lucky x

We'll all be fine - we have the advantage of experience or at least that's what I'm telling myself 😬😬 I'm just trying to chill out while we're waiting
Reply 305
I'm not going to lie.. I think the UKCAT is a game of luck. I ended up with easy easy sets...like colour... number and that kind of thing?

Well luck or not you have a great score :biggrin: This is my first application. 3rd time lucky for sure. Plus the fact you've applied more than once demonstrates commitment :smile:
Anyone else sick of waiting? :/ cut off scores have been realised for other unis and the ones that are really questionable, are holding it close to their chest! I just find myself sat reading last years threads on my chosen unis...
Original post by Member1995
Anyone else sick of waiting? :/ cut off scores have been realised for other unis and the ones that are really questionable, are holding it close to their chest! I just find myself sat reading last years threads on my chosen unis...

i do not think Newcastle release it until the whole cycle is over...
last year was 682.5...
seeing as score were lower this year I'm thinking maybe 670 ish?
i do not think Newcastle release it until the whole cycle is over...
last year was 682.5...
seeing as score were lower this year I'm thinking maybe 670 ish?

Oh really?

Maybe. I'm a graduate and have applied for both A101 and A100. Risky I know...Terrified is an understatement :/

Is this your first time applying?
Oh really?

Maybe. I'm a graduate and have applied for both A101 and A100. Risky I know...Terrified is an understatement :/

Is this your first time applying?

i am a grad too. how was the ukcat for you?
i am a grad too. how was the ukcat for you?

I completely messed up on VR, it was like my worst ever score, so it dragged my average down. I managed to get into the top decile though.....The others were good, although I ran out of time on QR and guessed quite a few. And you?

Oh and Band 1 SJT
(edited 7 years ago)
I completely messed up on VR, it was like my worst ever score, so it dragged my average down. I managed to get into the top decile though.....The others were good, although I ran out of time on QR and guessed quite a few. And you?

Oh and Band 1 SJT

i got 700.. 9th decile i think :smile:
i got 700.. 9th decile i think :smile:

congrats! :smile: let's just hope we've done enough...

where else have you applied?
For newcastle's partners programme what does discretionary school payments mean? Bc I go to a private school but I have a bursary so does that make me eligible?
Original post by rayytbh
For newcastle's partners programme what does discretionary school payments mean? Bc I go to a private school but I have a bursary so does that make me eligible?

No I don't think you'd be eligible, I think it means more along the lines of free school meals etc but I'm not 100% sure.
Original post by elish2chambers
No I don't think you'd be eligible, I think it means more along the lines of free school meals etc but I'm not 100% sure.

If you pay to go to school i doubt it. I got on cos i have a bursary at a normal school as my household income is small. I think the application deadline was 15th october tho
Original post by chrisdale98
If you pay to go to school i doubt it. I got on cos i have a bursary at a normal school as my household income is small. I think the application deadline was 15th october tho
o but I don' pay at all. My bursary covers all my school fees and my household income is very low too

Where have you found the cut off scores for this year? Are there any graduate entry ones that have been released?

I'm out of the running for Newcastle since my planned studying with work has fallen through so I haven't studied within the past 3 years now :frown:
Original post by Joanne86
Where have you found the cut off scores for this year? Are there any graduate entry ones that have been released?

I'm out of the running for Newcastle since my planned studying with work has fallen through so I haven't studied within the past 3 years now :frown:

I haven't found any cutoff scores. I've just seen on threads that St Georges (I think) have disclosed theirs. But I don't know of any others or grad cutoffs for that matter.

Why are you out of the running? I only asked because that's why they may have emailed you. If you haven't been in education for a number of years, they may require some proof that you've obtained the qualifications that you've stated.

I was just thinking that could be the case as I have too graduated and didn't get the same email that you got. I don't really know of any other reasons... :/
I haven't found any cutoff scores. I've just seen on threads that St Georges (I think) have disclosed theirs. But I don't know of any others or grad cutoffs for that matter.

Why are you out of the running? I only asked because that's why they may have emailed you. If you haven't been in education for a number of years, they may require some proof that you've obtained the qualifications that you've stated.

I was just thinking that could be the case as I have too graduated and didn't get the same email that you got. I don't really know of any other reasons... :/

I haven't done any studying since I finished uni 8 years ago. I've tried to do some stuff in work that I was hoping would be suitable for Newcastle, but the person sorting it has never done it and I now have nothing to show. So because I graduated too long ago and done nothing since, they won't offer me an interview because it's their criteria. Argh! :frown: oh well, I know for next time! Just crossing everything that Warwick don't have a really high VR cut off otherwise that's it for me for this year and I'll have to try again next year :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending