The Student Room Group

Do depressed people don't like going out

I'm depressed and now I like staying indoors
I must have read that title like 4 times before noticing why it sounded wrong
One of the symptoms of depression can be the lack of motivation to do anything yes, and depression can also make some people not want to go out as they don't want people who know them see them in while they are depressed.
However it is important that you try and go out as much as possible as continuing to do things as normally as possible can often help in reducing the symptoms of depression.
Reply 3
Pretty much.
Some of them do but get depressed because they have no one to go out with.
Reply 5
Lot of people might be depressed
Original post by george_c00per
I must have read that title like 4 times before noticing why it sounded wrong
Reply 6
That's true you know depression is a hard thing to cope with
Original post by AlexS101
One of the symptoms of depression can be the lack of motivation to do anything yes, and depression can also make some people not want to go out as they don't want people who know them see them in while they are depressed.
However it is important that you try and go out as much as possible as continuing to do things as normally as possible can often help in reducing the symptoms of depression.
Reply 7
It's winter time it's cold
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
Some of them do but get depressed because they have no one to go out with.
Some of them want to go outside to relieve stress, though depression does not always mean stress. It depends on the individual. But going out and seeing fresh air and nature at 6am in the morning might be refreshing for some people.
Reply 9
Yep
Original post by Cobalt_
Pretty much.
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time. I suggest you get in touch with a Clinical Psychologist in your area - they are qualified to treat people with depression. What do you think about this?
I thought stress and depression was the same thing I love going far places to clear my mind
Original post by Kiritsugu
Some of them want to go outside to relieve stress, though depression does not always mean stress. It depends on the individual. But going out and seeing fresh air and nature at 6am in the morning might be refreshing for some people.
Hi yeah I think that's a good idea but I like being alone
Original post by honour
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time. I suggest you get in touch with a Clinical Psychologist in your area - they are qualified to treat people with depression. What do you think about this?
Original post by Anonymous
I thought stress and depression was the same thing I love going far places to clear my mind

There is a difference. Also, there is good stress, that gets you motivated.
http://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/counselling/stress-vs-depression.htm

It's nice to see you go far places to clear your mind. The exercise should help too as it released certain chemicals, not sure which ones.
Yeah the is a big difference article is true, yeah I love travelling traveled from my old college in woolwich all the way to Harrow took long but I was determined
Original post by Kiritsugu
There is a difference. Also, there is good stress, that gets you motivated.
http://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/counselling/stress-vs-depression.htm

It's nice to see you go far places to clear your mind. The exercise should help too as it released certain chemicals, not sure which ones.

Quick Reply

Latest