The Student Room Group

To be, or not to be

Should I go back out with my ex even if I don't love him?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This is a no brainer really. Of course you shouldn't, you don't love him so why force yourself?
Original post by VioletBlueGreen

Why would you go back to him then?
Original post by Illimitable
Why would you go back to him then?

Because he believes we can make it work this time and my friend agrees with him.
Because he believes we can make it work this time and my friend agrees with him.

But you don't love him. If your with somebody you don't love you probably don't have a future with them.
Reply 5

just because your friends and he believe you should go out again doesn't mean you should. in fact, I really think you should not. don't let them pressure you into an unwanted relationship, you broke up with him for a reason in the first place, remember that reason
Reply 6
No point because u don't love him..
But you don't love him. If your with somebody you don't love you probably don't have a future with them.

Okay but then how do I explain that to my friend? She's convinced that we could work out and that I could grow to love him and have a future with him. Is that possible? To learn to love him?
Okay but then how do I explain that to my friend? She's convinced that we could work out and that I could grow to love him and have a future with him. Is that possible? To learn to love him?

If you simply don't love him I seriously doubt somehow you will learn to love him.
Original post by Google+

That's what I said to my friend but she doesn't believe me.
If you simply don't love him I seriously doubt somehow you will learn to love him.

Then how do I get them both to stop pestering me about it and bothering me?
Original post by UWS
This is a no brainer really. Of course you shouldn't, you don't love him so why force yourself?

I'm rather fed up of him asking me and my friend telling me that I should say yes and go out with him
Then how do I get them both to stop pestering me about it and bothering me?

Straight up tell them that you don't love him and it won't be possible to love him over time.
Reply 13
I'm rather fed up of him asking me and my friend telling me that I should say yes and go out with him

Block him then, you should have done this as soon as you broke up. Stop listening to your friends and make your own decisions.
Not to be. That is the answer.
Straight up tell them that you don't love him and it won't be possible to love him over time.

He knows I don't love him but i'll give the second point a go.
Reply 16
That's what I said to my friend but she doesn't believe me.

Well you don't need to prove it to her. It's nothing to do with her it's you in the relationship
Original post by UWS
Block him then, you should have done this as soon as you broke up. Stop listening to your friends and make your own decisions.

We broke up on what I thought was good terms and remained what I believed was good friends afterwards. It was my decision to break up with him but with the hassle its created its starting to feel like the wrong decision to have made.
Original post by Google+

More importantly why is google plus giving you relationship advice
Reply 19
Original post by CorpusLuteum
More importantly why is google plus giving you relationship advice

Haha lol says a Corpus Luteum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending