The Student Room Group

Girls, why do you glare at other girls in the gym?

I go with my GF sometimes but she goes on her own too. She says and I've noticed that girls often glare at her in the gym for no reason. Guys are much more chill about other people; I've been going for 9 yrs and never had any problems apart from a gay dude checking out my ass :lol: No she doesn't dress slutty or hog equipment or anything lol.

Women do you get catty in the gym? Why? :P
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't tbh. I rarely notice anyone else apart from the guys openly being pervy. Although, I'll admit I did glare at this girl who had the most amazing abs the other day, wearing just her sports bra. It was more of a "damn can I train with you?" glare than a jealous, catty one though and she knew it :biggrin:
Original post by Skkc16
I don't tbh. I rarely notice anyone else apart from the guys openly being pervy. Although, I'll admit I did glare at this girl who had the most amazing abs the other day, wearing just her sports bra. It was more of a "damn can I train with you?" glare than a jealous, catty one though and she knew it :biggrin:

Omg I've noticed those, theres always older pervs staring at the girls doing cardio :mad:
Reply 3
Original post by PrinceHarrys
Omg I've noticed those, theres always older pervs staring at the girls doing cardio :mad:

Yup. In our gym the treadmills and crosstrainers are directly in front of the bikes so some guys just go on the bikes and spend 20 minutes having a good look.
I've looked at other women's asses before and often wondered how many squats they did to achieve it. Never glared though..
Original post by Skkc16
Yup. In our gym the treadmills and crosstrainers are directly in front of the bikes so some guys just go on the bikes and spend 20 minutes having a good look.

Do you really blame them though? :lol: (obvs joking)

That being said I'm normally too knackered on the rare occasion I go to the gym to do anything else but concentrate on not dying. Although I do have one funny memory of me dying on the bikes looking down, hunched over in pain when a girl shouted at me for perving on her ass.... I'd hadn't even noticed her get on the bike in front of me (I was already on mine). Was embarrassing at the time but I laugh about it now.
Reply 6
Original post by DanB1991
Do you really blame them though? :lol: (obvs joking)

Lol of course not :biggrin:. We are human and in a gym if you're surrounded by beautiful bodies you'll steal a look here and there but there comes a point when it starts to get creepy aha
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Skkc16
Lol of course not. We are human and in a gym if you're surrounded by beautiful bodies you'll steal a look here and there but there comes a point when it starts to get creepy aha

We're guys, obvs we're creepy as **** when we see attractive girls... it's only the daft ones who mistake it for romance :colone:
Original post by Skkc16
Lol of course not. We are human and in a gym if you're surrounded by beautiful bodies you'll steal a look here and there but there comes a point when it starts to get creepy aha

Yeah, I check out other mens butts all the time. No homo ofc.
lmao they glare at her? or are they just glaring at her sexy toned bod?
Original post by sleepysnooze
lmao they glare at her? or are they just glaring at her sexy toned bod?

Nah they do glare, I saw one doing it while we were on treadmills the other day and then she looked away :P Its often groups of girls too, so childish lol. I never see guys glaring at me.
Nah they do glare, I saw one doing it while we were on treadmills the other day and then she looked away :P Its often groups of girls too, so childish lol. I never see guys glaring at me.

maybe they're jealous of the man she bagged - are you ripped?
maybe they're jealous of the man she bagged - are you ripped?

Nah, I've got a bit of muscle but nothing special. Short too lol. I have a face like this Tumblr guy tho? (no e brag)

http://data.whicdn.com/images/163531134/large.jpg

Also she says they do it when she's alone. I think some girls are just mean :s-smilie:
Nah, I've got a bit of muscle but nothing special. Short too lol. I have a face like this Tumblr guy tho? (no e brag)

http://data.whicdn.com/images/163531134/large.jpg

damn son^
but yeah nothing wrong with being short - if you're short your muscles will fill in faster as there's less distribution involved
that's what motivates me at the end of the day, being a skinny 5'5-5'6 imp going to the gym usually every day

Also she says they do it when she's alone. I think some girls are just mean :s-smilie:

yeah, to be honest that's the difference between guys and girls - guys get along a whole lot better with themselves than girls do - girls are a lot more competitive and brattish - guys are a lot more simple-minded (not in a bad way) and comfortable around themselves while girls expect that other girls are going to be hostile, because they likely understand that girls (while being pleasant directly) can be extremely *****y and gossipy - guys don't tend to do a whole lot of that stuff. so these girls at the gym might be tapping into that *****y vibe but with their eyes. I hope I'm not sounding sexist here - it is generally the consensus that girls are more harsh behind people's back, I take it
(edited 7 years ago)
yeah, to be honest that's the difference between guys and girls - guys get along a whole lot better with themselves than girls do - girls are a lot more competitive and brattish - guys are a lot more simple-minded (not in a bad way) and comfortable around themselves while girls expect that other girls are going to be hostile, because they likely understand that girls (while being pleasant directly) can be extremely *****y and gossipy - guys don't tend to do a whole lot of that stuff. so these girls at the gym might be tapping into that *****y vibe but with their eyes. I hope I'm not sounding sexist here - it is generally the consensus that girls are more harsh behind people's back, I take it

Yeah I know what you mean, thanks :s-smilie:

What should I tell her to do? Just ignore them?
Honestly never noticed this. I really dont think people look that often, except its normal where people are improving their bodies that other people look at the different shapes as to who needs to do what or has achieved what.

If you are doing cardio, then you have to look somewhere becayse it can be so boring. People really arent that interested.
I've never seen this happen.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
I've never seen this happen.

I really dont think it does. People might look at other peoples bodies but only as a measure of progress or imagining how far people have to or what they have achieved. Glare indicates that someone has an issue with someone else, jealousy or the like and I just dont think this is the case. People tend to be more bothered and interested in themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending